Closed Thread
Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    arghhh been waiting 3.5 weeks for andrology appt today - as closed over hols - and when arrived with specimen they weren't expecting it and no 'scientist' there to look at the specimen and had to be binned. So have to arrange again and then told another 3 week wait. They then had the gall to ask for the $1000 fee to monitor a cycle - lots of deep breathing to not swear - am watching flight prices go up, the donor we have picked is still available but who knows how long for... all very stressful - there - vent over.... and calm...

KMP - great news re: frosties - Bali sounds fab and i think i need some of those relaxing vibes....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crabby that seems like a long time to get a result back for sperm testing?
    I do understand the feeling of wanting to get everything set in motion and donors and dates to be locked in place.. Sometimes I think that's the hardest part of the whole process - the waiting ..
    If it helps you can ask for your donor to be locked in before you have all your test results to send to SA. The agency arranges that if you have a rough idea of when you want to go?
    Once you have the donor locked in your agency will then notify the clinic of your choice. If you do that now at least you know you will have the donor that you want and then only have to wait for final dates/treatment plan from the clinic once you send them your test results .. (If that makes sense)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blinky76
    Will look into holding the donor without all results.
    The wait is to give the specimen (not for the result - hope the result also doesn't take 4 weeks!) have now got it rearranged for Friday but they are 'doing a favour' but as it was their fault....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just a quick question. DH and I are hoping to over to SA in late May. I was wondering how soon beforehand Incan start speaking to the donor agencies about reserving a donor. Is it too early to start approaching the agencies now?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    EmmaJane, no its not too early. Some donors may be committed to donate in Feb-March and then you can lock them in for May. And profiles have the months when do ors are available and some of them already ave months like May.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Hi Emmajane. I would say it's not too early. With my agency if We reserved a donor We had to have gone through the donation within 6 mths from memory. I'd check that side of things out with whoever you're with.

Crabby how frustrating that must all be for you. The time frames seem a bit excessive I would have thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I'm sure I've seen a couple of you mention you've spent a night or 2 in stellenbosch but I can't find the info in the threads. If anyone can suggest somewhere to stay I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emma Jane- we had no problems locking our donor in 6 months ahead. They did try to 'encourage' us to go earlier but as it didn't suit us we didn't take the hint.. From memory when we were initially looking there was one agency that wouldn't book a donor anymore than 3 months from the cycle (Nurture I think?). But all the others were quite accommodating.

Hoping4best - there are lots of lovely places to stay in stellenbosch. Our first time over to SA we stayed at Spier Wine Farm, based on trip advisor reviews. It certainly lived up to its reviews as we are staying their again this time for 3 days just prior to leaving Cape Town. (It's only about 20-25min from the airport)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Haven't been here for a while and missed out on so many wonderful news...congrats to all and hope the pending pregnancies end up with BFP as well! I am still little confused as to who will be in CT in FEB? Our dates are 3-20.Feb and staying in Stellenboch for the first 5 nights, then outskirts of CT. In case someone there at the same time, please let me know and we can organise a catch up?
    Getting very excited now...I have my hysteroscopy next week in prep to the stimulation cycle and then start my meds end of Jan, Btw, Blinky...I'm with a whacky Wazza too and my gorgeous boy from my first donor cycle, is also a Wazza baby

I'll try and catch up on reading the 15 pages of the thread....have my mum here from overseas for 6 weeks, hence have been away from the computer a lot. Gosh I love here being here and helping out with our 18m old All these dates with my DH and sleeping in in the morning... divine!

Lots of love to you all and lots of baby vibes and dust! xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Devaki

I fly into Cape Town on the 10th Feb in the evening & fly out on the 22nd. I will be staying at Green Point. It would be great to catch up with anyone who will be there at the same time as me as I am going alone.