Closed Thread
Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kay - so glad to hear you have DH on board. I'd agree with the other ladies. We started out with what we thought was a good list of criteria. I too first thought intelligence was an important one but eventually our criteria dwindled down to just the basics : health/medical history, age, proven donor. I'd say if you like what you see - go for it! While the profiles can give us a general idea I don't think they can give a deep insight into the 'whole being' of our donor. We do have to somewhat rely on 'gut feeling'.

Faith : you can take the progynova (same thing) with or without food it doesn't matter. You just need to take it at roughly the same time everyday (a bit like the pill).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-01-2015),Kay2015  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay: your donor sounds great so I'd snap her up! How exciting.

Faith: I found that taking two of the progynova pills at once (when you get to the two in the morning/two in the evening stage) made me feel a little sick so I used to space them out. Taking them after food also seemed to help (although used to take the first one as soon as I woke up).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-01-2015),Kay2015  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies. Its been ages since I last posted. I think about you all often. I have not read back through the pages of this thread, but will do.

January - I think about you often.... I've lost your phone number as I have a new phone. I had sent you a PM some time ago - not sure if you got it. I hope all is well with you?

AFM - our little man is 8.5 months and weighs nearly 11kgs. I have tendonitis in both arms from lifting him. I had cortisone injections for both arms to relieve the pain but after they completely messed up my cycle, won't do that again and am having treatment with acupuncture instead.

We truly could not imagine our lives without him. He's such a happy baby and is sleeping so well and just so chilled. He takes after his Dad for sure. I often think about the wonderful woman who gave us this amazing opportunity. He is just so precious to all of us.

Love to all of you

RBx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (13-01-2015),Sunflower11  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh January... I found you post. Congrats to you and welcome to your little man. So so happy for you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Good morning ladies. Its been ages since I last posted. I think about you all often. I have not read back through the pages of this thread, but will do.

January - I think about you often.... I've lost your phone number as I have a new phone. I had sent you a PM some time ago - not sure if you got it. I hope all is well with you?

AFM - our little man is 8.5 months and weighs nearly 11kgs. I have tendonitis in both arms from lifting him. I had cortisone injections for both arms to relieve the pain but after they completely messed up my cycle, won't do that again and am having treatment with acupuncture instead.

We truly could not imagine our lives without him. He's such a happy baby and is sleeping so well and just so chilled. He takes after his Dad for sure. I often think about the wonderful woman who gave us this amazing opportunity. He is just so precious to all of us.

Love to all of you

RBx
    Argh @Rainbowchaser it's like kismet that you posted this! I developed dequiverens tendonitis at about 14weeks in pregnancy and the whole way through thought it was carpal tunnel! Apparently the Tendonitis doesn't resolve after birth but gets worse, Edie is now 9 weeks and I'm still in pain. I'm waiting to get my period to cycle again and had booked in for a cortisone injection on Thurs! I'm also booked in for dry needling at my osteo on Thurs so might just try that first... It is the worst pain, I have it in both hands too and after almost 10 months of it I'm really over it. Are you still breastfeeding? I heard it's supposed to get better after ceasing that. I stopped fully about a week ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you wondering about blood types this link shows what the blood type of a child will be based on their parents blood type in percentages and also addresses negative vs positive http://www.endmemo.com/medical/bloodtype.php

To those of you looking at donors, take your time and find someone who feels right. As long as you go with one of the agencies approved by CFC you should be fine. Also be sure to send your possible picks to your doctor at CFC. I know that Dr. LR will give you more information on their prior cycles and recommend who he thinks is the best fit for you if you are deciding between a few.

KMP congrats & enjoy Bali hope you return w/ a BFP If you have time goto the Gili Islands they are very beautiful and relaxing!

To those of you getting ready to head over to CT the best of luck to you!

Had our 14 week scan tonite and all looked great, saw a strong heartbeat & it actually looked like a baby with identifiable body parts, super cool. Still not showing and no real symptoms so seeing the baby on scan helps to make the fact I am pregnant more real & helps me worry a bit less.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (13-01-2015),Lisaxxx  (14-01-2015),mardicharli  (13-01-2015),Sunflower11  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you ladies stay focused on your day job with all this excitement going on? I know I am a newbie, but I find myself checking this thread frequently hoping for updates from all of you!

I can't concentrate at work when I have donor profiles, clinics and Cape Town to think about!

I'm loving all the positive stories and can't wait to add my own.

Kay

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (13-01-2015),pinkshootingstar  (14-01-2015),Sunflower11  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Kay. I do recall being anxious to come home and look at donor profiles and checking frequently for new donors added etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    How do you ladies stay focused on your day job with all this excitement going on? I know I am a newbie, but I find myself checking this thread frequently hoping for updates from all of you!

I can't concentrate at work when I have donor profiles, clinics and Cape Town to think about!

I'm loving all the positive stories and can't wait to add my own.

Kay
    Haha I can assure you I'm struggling to concentrate on work too!

im sure people think I'm totally in holiday mode, none of the pre-Christmas crazy hours bring worked. And definitely some planning distraction when I am there!

such an exciting time and so many fabulous good news stories here.

Xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Hi just saw the donor intelligence post...... As a self confessed brainiac with brainiac niece and nephew it went hand in hand with my type A personality. In the end I had to let yhat slide and the donor agencies actually said to look in thw sperm donors (which I did and thankfully found my match in my male donor wrt music art profession etc. I had to admit that it was not as important to me as a healthy child. I'd snap up any donor that was fit and healthy with their own child. Proven history was what I wanted the most.

AFM Arrived Bali tucked up in villa. Wonderful experience in South Africa. Now time for a good relax. Just before boarding in Cape Town I received an email letting me know that
    in the end I got 1 awesome day 5 on board, then in freezer day 5 2xB2-3AA and day 6 1 x B4AA so I am over the moon.

Ladies wow. I stumbled across South Africa as a destination growing despondent with Oz donors. If anything I had an amazing trip. Easy to go back again.

So much to catch up on in 24 hours. Might get the computer out tomorrow to look properly. Not long now February ladies..... woohoo.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (14-01-2015),crabby  (14-01-2015),faith15  (14-01-2015),Kay2015  (14-01-2015),mardicharli  (14-01-2015),Patsy73  (14-01-2015),Sunflower11  (16-01-2015)