Closed Thread
Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

KMP congratulations on being PUPO and for having Frosties
    I am also with Dr Matebese and Jenny so its good to hear they are both lovely people.

I went with EDSA as they had the best donor for me. I have not had much contact with Kimenthra since I made my selection I have mainly been dealing with the doctors Egg Donor Coordinator.

I am getting excited about this trip now. I have just booked and paid for all my flights and accommodation. I am going to have a small side trip before Cape Town to Victoria Falls for 4 days. I am so excited about it but cannot tell anyone but family as I have decided to keep quiet about the trip and egg donation. I haven't had an overseas holiday for years so this is well overdue.

It looks like I am a couple of weeks behind Miss Sagi, Blinky76 & Faith15. I don't stop my BCP until 23rd January. I am also thinking about transferring just one embryo as I really don't want twins on my own. Is anyone in Cape Town when I'm there from 10th Feb to 22nd Feb? It might be nice to catch up for dinner with someone. I've booked my accommodation in a lovely B & B at Green Point.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (11-01-2015),Sunflower11  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Annabel,
    Oh what a shame! I fly in on 22nd late at night, so we will just miss each other. I'm also staying in Green point.
    You will have the best time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annabelle,
    Damn, I'll just miss you as I leave for Johannesburg on the 7th. I too am doing a sidetrip before Cape Town, I'm going to Pilanesberg Reserve for 4 night's. I've told everyone I'm going to SA for the holiday of a lifetime, just haven't disclosed the primary reason why I'm going there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP congrats on being PUPO!!!

Miss Sagi and Blinky, it is exciting times! Who thought injections and medication could be so exciting.

AFM my partners doing a great job of injections on me and I started Progynova yesterday ... Woke up full of excitement this morning, after months of waiting we will be there in a fortnight! This is our year!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (12-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (12-01-2015),Sunflower11  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck to all the Feb girls! It's getting exciting now!
    Kmp congrats on being Pupo

AFM - getting all my testing redone this week, a bit if a drag but it needs to be up to date.

Em x

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (12-01-2015),faith15  (13-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (12-01-2015),pinkshootingstar  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP - congrats on being PUPO! Hope your emby is snuggling in and growing.

Thinking of all the Feb girls as they start their medications and do the last min preparation. We were only there 6 weeks ago but it seems months ago! Enjoy your time in CT, it truly is an awesome place. Loved the VA Waterfront. We were there almost every day. I also recommend getting a car. No probs driving there at all.
    cant remember who asked about Sarah for acupuncture. I saw her after my transfer and then again 2 days later. Would have liked before and after but she's busy, so make your appts as soon as you can! We drove to her house. I think it was $70 first appt then $50 second? Or maybe $50 first then $30 second. Not hugely expensive but she only takes cash. No cards.

AFM - a huge thankyou for those who have sent wishes and asked how we are going. We have been having weekly scans purely for my sanity. Have I told you how awesome our FS/OB is?? Thankfully all still going well. Bubs growing at the correct rate and heartbeat increased from 140 to 160bpm! Another scan and chat this Thurs and then we will be waiting for the 12 week scan. A whole 3 weeks! I certainly don't remember being this tired with my first (I want to sleep all day) and all day sickness kicked in last week but it is a reminder that bubs is growing nicely. Xx

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-01-2015),KLM0511  (12-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (12-01-2015),Sunflower11  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year everyone! Hope this year brings lots of good luck and babies to everyone.

Mardi – Great news on the baby’s heartbeat. I bet you cannot hold out until 12 week scan but sounds like it is all going on track for you. What a little fighter you have. I reckon you have a girl – don’t they say girls are stronger than boy embryos?

Emski – wow you are going again already for a FET? Time flies! I have brought up the idea of a 2nd with DH but he just wants us to pop this one out first and see how we go!

KMP – congrats on being PUPO. We loved Dr Metabase too.

We went with EDSA and had a great experience with them. It is great to read that everyone seems to be having good experiences with all agencies over there.

Blinky - So disappointing to read of how the Australian DE forums are. The donors choose the recipients – really?? Thanks for the info on blood types – that is really interesting. I have the same blood type as my donor but that was just coincidence. As for the synching cycles – I thought they synch the donor to your cycle? I am sure they told me that?

Tittle – LOL that you didn’t know how many weeks you were. I didn’t either as we have been on holidays and for the first time I wasn’t obsessing over everything. I think you are 2 weeks ahead of me and I am 23 weeks today (as I read my What to Expect When You Are Expecting book yesterday when we got back and it was marked!).

AFM – so we are 23 weeks and have 6 month appt with obstetrician this week. Feeling lots of movement and starting to prep baby stuff. Everyone has an opinion on what we are having. I have no idea – so many people have said they just “knew” what they were having. Well I change my mind every week!

So exciting that so many are going over next month. As others have said you will fall in love with Cape Town. Lots of baby dust & BFPs to everyone.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-01-2015),mardicharli  (12-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mardi for the info on Sarah. I will email her and see if she can fit me in.

Good to hear you are doing well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - just found Sarah's email. Even less than I thought. R370 for first session then R300 for any follow up sessions.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luca - I thought they synced the donor to me too, that's what seemed to happen the first time we went. This time around my syncing means my cycle is now completely out of whack to normal. Maybe it's a combination of both with the requested dates adding to the mix??