Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on being PUPO KMP! Rest up so that embie can snuggle in 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP - congratulations on being PUPO. Yay for the awesome result. Enjoy beautiful Bali and let that little one snuggle in.

Lisa - The decision as to whether to tell the child or not is a very personal one. We decided from day one to tell our little one and I often tell him he is from the land of the lions. We also told all our family and friends. After what we had been through, we figured if people had a problem with our decision they could get $tuffed. Interestingly, two FS and our obstetrician noted they would not tell the child!!

As for potentials surrounding genetics and family medical history dilemma(s), you may find some situations where you are asked about family history in relation to your little one. When our little fellow had a respiratory arrest and when he subsequently required gastric surgery for a pyloric stenosis, we were repeatedly asked about family history of respiratory issues, SIDS and pyloric stenosis (as it can be genetic). Every time we had to advise the medicos that we could only speak of my DH history due to our little man being a DE baby and that according to our donor's profile there were no significant family history issues listed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay – Welcome to this wonderful forum. Everyone is so helpful and supportive. This is how I keep sane with all the stress that comes with this rollercoaster. I am with Baby2Mom, and so far I haven’t had any problems. I really loved the service I got from ababysa and I desperately wanted to use them, but unfortunately I couldn’t find the right donor for me in their database. I ended up going with the agency that had the donor I resonated with. My only concern is that my agency is based in Joburg and I wonder how she’ll coordinate the cycle. Other than that all has been fine so far.

KMP – Congrats on being PUPO. Wishing you a stress free 2WW.

Blinky – How frustrating, that now when you need AF to come, she’s a no show. Hope she shows up soon.. Am doing the AF dance for you.

AFM – 2 more days on the pill and then the dreaded wait for AF.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (11-01-2015),Kay2015  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky and Faith waiting for AF. Mine was such a non-event I was amazed.

How exciting and not long now until some more of you land in the 'mother city'. I love reading the posts. The medications are such a lot to remember both pre and post transfer. I was so tired this morning I injected the progesterone with the drawing up needle...... So much for a big day hiking. I won't make that mistake again. Hope that made people laugh.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (11-01-2015),crabby  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP - ouch!!!
    Can I ask why one transfer?
    Sending sticky vibes to Bali

AFM - waiting for SA this week - service was closed for weeks with hols. Found a donor but then found another site from going through the whole 7 threads (many late nights!and when us newbies feel like we get to know all of you lovely ladies and very occ gent!) and wondering about my choice now - but only because I am waiting I think.

Does anyone have some tips on cheapest long haul flights? Finding that the biggest expense with 3 of us. Also have seen that sometimes stays have had to be extended - how often has that happened?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crabby - glad to hear things are back on track and progressing for you - I think the last you mentioned was DH having some doubts. Re flights - we find flying with qantas - often mid week is probably some of the cheapest you can get - I think about $750 each way.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

crabby  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    KMP - ouch!!!
    Can I ask why one transfer?
    Sending sticky vibes to Bali

AFM - waiting for SA this week - service was closed for weeks with hols. Found a donor but then found another site from going through the whole 7 threads (many late nights!and when us newbies feel like we get to know all of you lovely ladies and very occ gent!) and wondering about my choice now - but only because I am waiting I think.

Does anyone have some tips on cheapest long haul flights? Finding that the biggest expense with 3 of us. Also have seen that sometimes stays have had to be extended - how often has that happened?
    I have only heard of one person having to extend their stay, so not very often.
    CFC really try to stick to the dates you ask for... But I was beside myself wanting to book flights!
    We flew Singapore on a sale fare I'm pretty sure you can change them with a change fee if need be - might be worth looking at. If the price drops a bit for the dates I'm looking at I'll book it and change if need be. They stop in Singapore so it was a bit of a welcome walk around on the changeover which was about about 2 hours on the way over and back. Enough for a good walk a quick look at the shops and get back on your plane. It does stop in jburg but you don't get off the plane, it just refuels.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby, I have always gone with Qantas, but it has been fairly expensive. However this time around i was able to get return flights for $1887 which was a sale fare (Feb). I checked the prices for March and the prices had gone up, so the sale fare might have only been for certain dates.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I should have clarified our fares are only to Joburg. We did fly South African airways down to Cape Town and that I think was $400 /$450 return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby - last time we flew Via Singapore (Singapore airlines) and got flights for about $1600 from memory.
    This time we elected to do a more direct route with Qantas (shorter flying time). We also decided to go premium economy for more leg room for DH (he is 6'3). I used the app skyscanner to watch flight costs for a little bit and picked up sale price tickets for half price!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (11-01-2015)