Closed Thread
Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunflower11 – congratulations on the birth of your boys… such a great story of their birth..!

Girlfromsydney – not long now to see your girls…

January – congratulations…!!

Laned – how are you doing?

Mardi – your experiences would have stressed me to no end…you are a strong woman..!!

Hoping4 – I’m glad you have a plan… I struggle with how much a good diet and exercise plan help with everything…

Faith – when I came off the active pill, I too was spotting – you need to discuss your meds with your FS…

AFM – waiting for my next blood test results on Thursday…so far my hcg has risen from 462 last Monday to 861 last Wednesday to 1824 last Friday….still stressing (trying not too – but it is never far from my mind)….my 7.5 week scan is scheduled for the 19th...it feels so far away...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

faith15  (07-01-2015),GirlFromSydney  (06-01-2015),laned  (07-01-2015),Sunflower11  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been able to post for a while as my laptop has been playing up. I have been reading along on my phone though.
    Congratulations to Sunflower11 and January on the birth of your babies

Myheart - those look like great numbers to me. Best of luck for the scan. I find waiting for the scan nearly as bad as the TWW so I try to keep busy with little projects around the house.

Mardicharli - congrats on your great scan results

KMP - fingers crossed for good fertilisation rate

AFM - I have started taking the pill and yes I have been spotting just a little just like others here. I collected my drugs today and my FS was quite happy to prescribe the drugs and provide reports & tests to send to CFC. One thing though the Pharmacy couldn't get the Lucrin so I had to get another drug very similar called Diphereline which does the same thing.
    My sperm import permit has only just been issued so it will be a bit of a rush to get that sent over from Xytex in US. I still only have preliminary dates and they will only be confirmed when the clinic receive the sperm. So the whole booking & accommodation is going to be very much a last minute rush job. I'm still looking to be in CT on 10th Feb & leave 20/21 Feb depending on when I can get last minute flights. I am maintaining my calm and am ordering a fertility meditation bracelet as a good luck charm. I am starting to get excited but will be happy when the flights are finally booked.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (06-01-2015),myheart  (07-01-2015),Sunflower11  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi you can't do the shots in your thigh as you could cause nerve damage. It's deep intramuscular (about 3cm deep or more) so upper outside quadrant is the only safe place to inject. Also the weather is nothing like Adelaide- its much cooler and a very fresh breeze. If there is security you won't really need aircon. I had to buy a coat when I arrived.

Myheart your numbers are rising so stay positive and strong.

Annabelle1 had I known I would have used my Xytec donor in Cape Town..... never mind.

AFM 7 of the 9 were mature enough to be injected and 6 fertilised. Fingers crossed. Transfer is either Thursday or Saturday depending on numbers.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-01-2015),Sunflower11  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miss Sagi, I gave myself the gestone in the backside as DH had to go away for work. It's a bit awkward but manageable. I found it a bit tricky to know if I was doing it in the right spot but once you've had one in each side there's the little mark from the previous injection and I just did the new injection near that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My heart - beautiful numbers . Time does seem to stop during the early days. Xx

KMP - wishing you strong beautiful embies for a day 5 transfer. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Pinkshootingstar –
    Congrats on graduating from the pill. Like you, am also not getting any support from a FS. Am relying on getting all my questions answered by Dr LR. I will go to the clinic or my local doc to get them do administer my Lucrin depot injection though.

Miss Sagi – I hope you’ll get accommodation you’re happy with. I managed to get a one bedroomed apartment five minutes’ walk from the clinic. It actually belongs to one of the doctors at CFC. We thought we’d stay close to the clinic and can get a taxi to wherever we need to go.

Myheart – Those numbers are GREAT!! Waiting for the first scan is stressful, but try to keep busy and stay positive. Thanks for the advice on spotting, I did email Dr H, since Dr LR is away, and he told me not to worry about it and that it was normal.

KMP – Thinking of you and have everything crossed for your embies. It’s looking good.

AFM – Spotting seems to have stopped for now. 6 more days on the pill, can’t wait till Monday.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-01-2015),pinkshootingstar  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @KLM0511 just wondering where you stay when you've gone over for fets? I assume you go by yourself? I'll be going solo in June.. Trying to work out where to stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski I'm at Park Inn (brand new) and they will drop you and pick up within 3km for your appointments. Clean and nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW! So much has happened....!

Happy new year and merry Christmas to those who 'do' christmas!

Congrats Sunflower and January and Mardi &Konza.....and anyone whose news I havent read yet!

January - where on earth did you get time to update rollcalls! !!!!??

Girl from sydney- Can't believe how quickly time has gone!

Luca - how are you going?

As for us, sleeping is getting a little easier. Started a new job today and had to rock up on the first day and tell them I was 5 months pregnant. I thought the belly gave me away! - apparently not! They must think I ate too many doughnuts. They reacted pretty well, all things considered.

Our only real issue has been a bit of blood pressure and a low lying placenta. I figure the bonus is we get to go back for another ultrasound in 3rd trimester! But no more gym for me till after bub is born

Think I'm, at 24 weeks today....DH knows better than me and keeps track of such things.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

GirlFromSydney  (07-01-2015),Patsy73  (07-01-2015),Sunflower11  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    @KLM0511 just wondering where you stay when you've gone over for fets? I assume you go by yourself? I'll be going solo in June.. Trying to work out where to stay.

Hi Emski,
    My first trip when I went with my fiancé in July, we stayed at an apartment on Main Road, Green point. Great apartment, perfect location, great hosts - found that on Air BnB.

The second trip which I did in September on my own, i actually stayed at The Westin (only because I had enough points (Starwood) to cover the time I was there (only 2 nights). Great hotel, very comfortable, but on the expensive side if you are paying. They have a shuttle to the Waterfront which I used, and when I had to get to the clinic and back I used Uber. I swear by them over there.

For my next trip in Feb (22 to 25th Feb) I will be going over again alone and thought I would stay 1 extra night than last time, just to give me more rest time, or more time to look around the shops (after my day of rest of course). All the hotels were on the dear side - like over the $200 per day mark and I know you can get entire apartments with Air BnB for $100ish. Our first one we paid about $88 a night! Amazing. But they are booked for the time I am there in Feb, so I booked another apartment a few doors down from where I stayed last time in July. I did that because being alone, I am at least familiar with the area, I know its close to the Waterfront - 10 or 15 min walk if I felt like it, and there is a Woolworths a couple of blocks down on the same street to get some food. I thought about getting a car, but I won't bother, as its easier to just order Uber.

My trip in Sept, I booked a transfer which I arranged through the Westin for pick up from and to the airport. That was $50 each way though.

Important things on my list for the apartment was to ensure they have TV and a comfortable lounge, even Satellite TV so there is more variety to watch. I can never just go back and sleep all day, so have to have something to watch either in bed or in the lounge room. I also look for Wireless internet too, so many of them have it.

Let me know if you want me to send you the links to the place we first stayed at (highly recommend) or the place I am about to stay at (although I can only go on the feedback provided on her listing).

KMP - The Park Inn looks great. Emski, that is also in a good area - I think just near the Westin.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-01-2015),Tittle  (08-01-2015)