Closed Thread
Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

Crabby it won't matter about the timing but I'd double check because they are strict with the 3 months as nd you may tun into problems if they work out it is a mistake later. I was going to do strsight to frozen and just come over for a couple of days for frozen transfer rather than fresh cycle. Something may have happened midcycle also that they were frozen.

Blinky and Miss Sagi well done. You're nearly there save for a few medications. I'll be thinking of you throughout your cycles. Have you tried Air BnB for a place to stay? I stayed at a great place at Hermanus that was from Air BnB. I am at Park Inn which is brand new 1km from the clinic near the Newland Pool and they will shuttle you back and forth to appointments for free. It may not be big enough for you though. I'm not sure of room configurations.

AFM 9 harvested and nurse happy. They expect really good figures for me. Learned how to harpoon progesterone today. Oh my, thats a lunch bag full of needles! Should be interesting doing that in the mirror. I'll know how it's progressing in a few days. Transfer should be Saturday. Thank you so much for your kind words of support. Love that you can get a pot of tea here for $1.50 and a real long black was only $1.30. Outstanding.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

crabby  (05-01-2015),KLM0511  (06-01-2015),mardicharli  (05-01-2015),Patsy73  (06-01-2015),Sunflower11  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4best View Post
    Hi Blinky.. I wondered if you'd mind me asking a couple of questions - but if I ask anything you aren't comfortable answering on the thread that's fine. It's just about the immune protocol etc. at some point did you end up having a hysteroscopy and nk cell test and if so how much time did it take from testing to get results. I'm with your FS and after our first failed cycle in SA we're going to check out the nk cell issues before heading back.
    Hoping - I have had a lot of BT with Warren. Not entirely sure what they all were but don't think any were specific to immune testing. I have had hysteroscopies in the past but not recently.
    Warren suggested the immune protocol for a number of reasons. Those being :
    Dx of stage III endo (immune issue)
    Long history of numerous allergies (immune issue)
    Strong family history of anti phospholipid syndrome.
    Never once had a BFP

He explained that the immune protocol won't 'cause harm' so was worth throwing into the mix to eliminate the possibility of any underlying immune issues. It made sense to me so I'm running with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Blinky, I'm supposed to have Intrilipids on 12th as well. My second one is actually at CFC on 29th, it's quite a bit cheaper over there. I'm scrapping the barrel so much I still deciding on whether to go ahead with the one here on 12th. It's over $500 and my numbers have dropped drastically in the last month, plus I'll be taking Neopogen.

Miss Sagi - I know the intralipids usually cost more here but I am just being charged my hospital gap fee of $500 (PHI) for my first round on the 12th. The second (and possibly third) run will be free for me as they are doing them both as an inpatient admission.

What is neupogen? What does it help with?

I will double check my treatment plan in the morning - I may very well have gotten ahead of myself 😉

We should definitely do a catch up while in Cape Town .. Let's pick a date!

I too recommend Airbnb.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 05-01-2015 at 22:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP, Blinky, Miss Sagi - Thank you all for your responses re the spotting. I was starting to panic ,thinking all sorts of things have gone wrong. I can relax now… thanks ladies.

Blinky- Looks like am about a week behind you. Congrats on graduating from the BCP tomorrow and getting started.

KMPCongrats on the 9 harvested, am rooting for a just a good a fert report.

Miss Sagi - Would love to meet up in CT, we'll arrange.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Miss Sagi - u were right! (Thankyou for the heads up😊) I was relying on the front page email of my treatment plan which wasn't as detailed.

I have been meaning to do up a drug schedule spreadsheet on excel for awhile now but stuff seems to always get in the way. (Like tonight having to unexpectedly spend hours in ER with DH who dislocated his shoulder (twice !) while waterskiing 😳 - life is never boring with him around 😷

KMP - Good numbers! fx for great fertilisation rates for you ! Hope you are enjoying Cape Town?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blinky. I did a day by day drug routine in notes on my phone. It really helped me. Too much to think about.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Hi Blinky. I did a day by day drug routine in notes on my phone. It really helped me. Too much to think about.
    Yes I did something similar last time but in more of a spreadsheet - with the immune protocol and all the other supplements etc that Warren throws in, makes it quite 'full on' to remember it all... And then the qtys incrementally increase so it's very easy to lose track..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky yes. Day to day morning lunch and night..... and I wrote with permanent marker on the clear progynova covers the dates so I would know where I was at..... I forgot 31 days in December though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year everyone!

I've not been on much over the Christmas period and see I've missed a lot!! Big congrats to Sunflower and January on the birth of your babies!

Mardicharli, congrats to you also on your great results!!

Special thanks also to sunflower, as without your recommendation on another forum directing me here I would never have known this site existed and had access to such wonderful support and valuable information!!

Blinky, miss Sagi and Faith, it looks like I'll be in Cape Town the same time as yourselves so keen to catch up also. We will be there from 26 Jan to 6 Feb... Not far now!!

Faith I've also had a bit of spotting over the last couple of weeks, I emailed CFC and they were fine with it as have been on the pill so long, they said they'd be concerned if it was when on the maintenance period of estroidal tablets.

AFM - stopped taking the pill last night so now just waiting to start Lucrin. I've noticed a lot of people here have local support from their local FS, I looked into this but unfortunately they can't legally provide such support in WA. So we will be embarking on our first injections with some you tube lessons - convincing myself this will be just fine!

Crabby, my partner is 48 so also has freak outs about age from time to time. I've come to accept this is normal (particularly as he has older children from former marriage) but I just ride it out with him and he settles down again.

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing well ☺️
    Last edited by pinkshootingstar; 06-01-2015 at 10:26.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

crabby  (06-01-2015),faith15  (07-01-2015),mardicharli  (06-01-2015),Sunflower11  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, Neopogen is like a daily dose of IVIG. It's actually a drug that cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy take. We immune warriors take it in a much smaller dose though.

Pinkshootings, check your search on administering the depot injection as I've read somewhere you can do it either intramuscularly or in your stomach. I plan to do it in the stomach like IVF drugs as it will be much easier.

KMP, did the clinic give you the option of using the progestone in your thigh or just the butt? Being single with no assistance, I would think it would be easier in the thigh.

Ladies, thanks for the advice on accommodation. I've checked all sites, although the ones I found iin my budget through airbnb didn't have airconditioning and I didn't want to take the chance that the weather will be like Adelaide and you need airconditioning. I've since spoken to a colleague from South Africa and she said it's cooler over there than here, I think it has to do with the breeze off the ocean.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (07-01-2015)