Closed Thread
Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR I like your style! A presentation. The figures are so important. I'm a very facts and figures person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I am too KMP.

Seeing stats really helped me to decide DE was the way for me. I was a really good responder, high amh, but pregnancies still failed. The stats helped me to face reality when it could have been tempting to keep trying OE cycle after cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR I agree- I wanted thd best chance of a healthy baby. After that it all fell into place for me. With my eggs lower chance and I had good good AMH for my age. I started getting good response on my last cycle but I could not be tempted to go again. It's just a matter of days for me now.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myheart congrats, your numbers are great & I'm glad you were able to get the test done! Waiting is so tough! Good luck with your next BT

Blinky sorry to hear you are having a rough patch Its so hard seeing pics of new babies and hearing about pregnancies of family and friends that appear to come easy when you are trying so hard! I went thru it with my brother, friends and cousins. Hang in there and believe your time will come! We managed to surprise our families because we did not give them much detail on what we were doing. I really hope everything comes together for you!

Em wow that's amazing you are already talking about going back and so great you have some frosties. I think a blatocyst is better than a preblatocyst if you have some but with 3 I'd think they would defrost them all to see which will thaw and be viable especially if you are putting in 2? Email Dr. Le Roux he is so helpful and straight forward as well At what point did you inquire about your donor for another cycle? We have no frosties so we'll have to start a new cycle if we are able to go for another & would love to try and use our same donor

Chilllout in our case my DH was the one who thought ED made sense and I took a little time to warm to the idea. Our doctor brought it up telling us that at age 43 our odds with our own eggs were 3% & ED was more like 60%. I considered trying one more IVF but DH made me realize that the cost, odds of success and emotional toll of not being successful made ED make more sense. Maybe you can start looking at donors and get the info on ED while waiting on your last 2 so your husband is able to do what he needs to and you can start moving towards plan B? Good luck

KMP Hope you are enjoying Bali! Looks like you're next up, best of luck to you!

Hi to everyone else. All you Feb gals must be getting excited as your trips are just around the corner

AFM am at 12 weeks today and my next appt is Jan 12. After that I think we'll start telling people... so far we've only told our parents and siblings. Still pretty amazed & in awe that we're pregnant!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

KMP  (30-12-2014),myheart  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CAmom congratulations! 12 weeks must feel amazing. Great advice in your post. I love being on here and getting support from likeminded women.

AFM last day in Bali. Tomorrow I head to Cape Town. Have to fly into Singapore across that dreaded search area. I got an email from Cape Fertility while at dinner last night letting me know my donor has 9 follicles 12-15mm on her first scan. Woohoo sounds perfect to me. Goldilocks I am, that sounds 'just right'. I think I'll get an update on NYE. This is the best NYE ever!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (31-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks everyone for your great advice!! You are so right. One time when I tried to bring it up (totally at the wrong time and place, in the pub after a few beers!) he exploded and said he wasn't sure how he would be able to support me through another disappointment if it didn't work and I fell into a heap... So yes, I think a lot of his reservations stem from feeling helpless in supporting me. I have been very much more affected by the disappointments than I would have thought, so it's hardly surprising! I think the stats are the key, and also I have a balanced translocation so that makes the stats even worse with my own eggs, and there is only so much lining of IVF doctors' pockets that you can stomach...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chillout71 I can totally appreciate DH response. I think that its hard when the odds are stacked against you. It's about outcomes. I have a friend who is scientific director at a clinic and she said last night the numbers game (using your own eggs) is in part lost with donors and FET. Such a great thing to hear 60% vs 3% (or less). Unfortunately it's never 100% for any person trying to conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chillout71 - DH came around to the idea but took a while and few conversations - turned out he was most concerned on how I would feel not being 'genetically' related. He is struggling with choosing a donor though as he says feel too much like 'shopping'.....Must admit I am too. Planning end of March cycle as DH as seen there is a jazz festival on in CT! Noticing though that a lot of donors are only available in April (Easter hols while at uni) but concerned about extra cost of flights and accommodation - which then seems silly in the grand scheme of things! Having to start OCP feels weird and wrong on so many levels....
    Myheart - those numbers are great! Congrats

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

myheart  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CAmom View Post
    At what point did you inquire about your donor for another cycle?
    Two days after giving birth! I thought it might have been the hormones at the time but 7 weeks later I'm still just as keen... So is DH! I'm not sure exactly how far along our donor is in her pregnancy, ababysa said to contact them again in the new year and they'd touch base with her again Nd take it from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski72 ababySA have been great for me too. Congratulations and I'm so thrilled to hear you'd do it all again. Happy New Year!