Closed Thread
Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone. It's been wonderful reading everyone's Christmas posts and words of love and support.

For those expecting a bundle of joy, best wishes for a happy 2015 and a smooth run through the rest of your pregnancies.

For those cycling soon, safe travels and best wishes that your dreams come true.

For everyone, thanks for your support and advice, you are all amazing!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (26-12-2014),KLM0511  (25-12-2014),mardicharli  (25-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I was wondering how you all went with discussing the option of DEs with your DH? We have had a few unsuccessful ivf with pgd attempts; I'm 43.5 now and I have come to the acceptance it won't happen for us so hence DE is an option I'd like us to seriously consider, but my DH is really reluctant to talk about it until we have implanted our two remaining untested embryos... But I am really struggling with not talking about our plan B, even if that is that we decide not to pursue DEs... My FS says that many men can only move onto another option once all else has been fully exhausted. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice to share??

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - that is amazing news..!

MrsErin - wow…31 weeks already…

January - how are you doing?

MGC - your numbers looks great..! I think your progesterone levels are amazing…

Mardi - how are you doing?

Sunflower and girlfromsydney – thinking of you…

Laned – how are you?

Em – how is edie doing?

Welcome to the new ladies…

Hi to CAmom, KLM, KPM, Patsy, EmmaJane, Lisa and others…

AFM – my BT was supposed to be on Saturday 27/12/14, but as the Monash IVF clinic is closed for Christmas they told me to wait until Friday 2nd Jan – this would be 20 days past transfer..!!
    I could not wait that long so I poas… all positive… the clear blue digital tests note “pregnant 2-3 weeks”, the first response tests are strong lines. Not sure if this is an official BFP as I have not got the beta levels as yet… I desperately want to know HCG Beta levels plus the progesterone level as this has been an issue for me in the past…
    Does anyone know what a clear blue digital 2-3 weeks, indicates in regards to HCG levels? I googled and some note the level would be 200-500…? I would really like a beta test this week….

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-12-2014),laned  (30-12-2014),mardicharli  (31-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (28-12-2014),Sunflower11  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Myheart it's hard to know, I'd seriously go to the GP and have 2 tests 48hrs apart this week. It would be doing my head in! If you need the name of an accommodating GP in Melb pm me ... I think it's terrible you've been left in the lurch like this. It sounds super promising though! How exciting.

Em x

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (31-12-2014),myheart  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myheart: I'm with Em, a GP should be able to give you the referrals for two blood tests this week (especially if you explain the situation with your clinic?)

Hi to everyone else, hope you all had a good Christmas!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just testing as it wouldn't let me post....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone - I trust you all had an enjoyable Christmas - especially those enjoying their first Christmas with a bubba!

Chillout - I have to admit that broaching the subject of DE with DH was actually initially done by our FS in one of our first appointments when seeking a second opinion with Wazza. (Our first FS never mentioned it - just said it wouldn't happen).
    So for us it was always 'one of the options'. When subsequent IVFs with OE failed and our research into adoption proved fruitless it really was the only option left.
    We did however find it useful to take some time out (a quiet lunch somewhere nice) to discuss it properly though. We both discussed how we felt about it and what the 'pros/cons' were and by the end of it had come to a resolution. I guess for us it was also a little 'easier' as DH is the 'clucky' one and would do almost anything to be a father..
    I guess my suggestion would be to find a neutral place (cafe , picnic spot etc) where the purpose is to discuss it properly. Make sure he knows that's the purpose of the time spent together before the actual time so he doesn't feel 'set up' or unprepared..

AFM - Christmas Day was a difficult one for us. AF tried desperately to sabotage us by trying to tear it's ugly head despite being on the pill. If this wasn't stressful enough my Mum got a gift 'announcement ' from my Brother and SIL. This came as somewhat of a surprise as they have been very adamant for the last couple of years that two kidlets were enough. With some time to ponder I have worked through it all and have come to the point that I am happy for them and their little family but what cuts deep is the fact that DH and I will never be able to do the whole 'surprise' announcement - this whole infertility journey robs us of those special moments...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Chillout I am your age but single. For me personally I thought I'd have a go with my own eggs (established this time last year) and after 2 cycles I was ready to throw in the towel but 5 on, my first cycle a positive but blighted, horrendous EPU experiences, I learned that I really wanted to be a Mum. I feel for you trying to process this. I have not had one person unsupportive about this process, which has been wonderful.

For me the overseas option was clean, neat, and relatively stress free. I agree with Blinky on the neutral place.

AFM I landed in Bali yesterday, currently breakfasting poolside with walk and swim on the agenda for the day. I head to Cape Town on the 31...... ahhhh it's all really happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just got the go ahead from my OB to try again in May! Does anyone understand the grading system CFC use for embies? We have two, one 'pre blastocyst' and 1xB2 - I'm trying to work out if these are decent- the grading system they send me makes no sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski how many days old are they? What if they don't survive the thaw? I'm certain they would tell you honestly if you asked.