Closed Thread
Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Mardi!!! Congrats. Exciting news for you!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

KMP  (11-12-2014),mardicharli  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo good to see everyone so happy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi sounds perfect and one bubba is plenty. My doctor won't let me double transfer as twins too much risk. I'm fit and healthy too. I'm scared of having twins

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillie - Congratulations on your pregnancy!

January - Not long to go now. What a great early Christmas present. The best of luck for next week.

Patsy73 - I'm also concentrating on the health and family history. Physical characteristics are only important insofar as I'm 5 foot and DP not much taller so we wouldn't want anybody too tall. Finding it difficult to find a donor with all of the criteria. I got super excited and looked at most of the donor sites in a couple of nights and became quite overwhelmed. Will have a closer look over the weekend.

Mardicharli and Konza - What a lovely FS you have! A big congratulations to you both .

AFM
    - Although most of you have said that selecting a donor took a long time, I'm hoping I'll find one sooner rather than later. I can't help but think even the best donor on paper can have a bad cycle so I'm not really wanting to invest so much time in something that will be mostly out of my control. Having said that, I'm sure I'll be meticulously studying all the profiles all weekend, but hopefully not for months. Are most of the donor agencies happy to recommend donors based on your criteria? I've been thinking of checking out donor profiles myself but also asking all of the agencies for recommendations.

Off to bed now, it's way past my bedtime!

yogagirl x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yogagirl For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MardiCharli & Konza congrats so happy to hear your HCG doubled! Sounds like you have a great doctor! YAY

January you're in the final stretch now so exciting is Christmas your due date?

Patsy I had the exact same reaction. I was a bit disappointed with just one as our HCG was high and we have no frosties and I thought it would be great to have 2 at one go but our doctor said healthwise its better to have one! Was really cool to see the heartbeat don't you think! As far as the NIPT test it tests 3 chromosome abnormalities and lets you find out the sex of your baby. Our doctor said with young eggs its not really necessary but its covered for us based on my age so we are going to do it

Yogagirl one thing I suggest is to narrow down your choices and then send them to your doctor at CFC and ask him which he recommends. They have access to the adult pics so can tell you which looks like you most & more importantly they have access to the donors prior history and successes which the agencies don't always have. Dr LR told us to focus on young, low BMI, and prior history of success good luck in your selection!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (12-12-2014),yogagirl  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Mardi, what wonderful news!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Mardi :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi - I am so glad to read this. I was so worried about you. Well there you go just goes to show that low beta is no indication of how things will turn out as long as it is doubling. I can feel the relief in your email and I am so happy for you and hubby. What a great sounding FS you have too.

Patsy - So glad to hear everything is going well with you too. We got the Harmony test and it now only costs around $500 (well I don’t mean “only” but better than $900 what it used to be!). It takes two weeks to get the results and yes you can find out sex if you want (we didn’t). You probably don’t need to get it if you don’t want to spend the $ but we just wanted that extra piece of mind. My obstetrician did recommend it.

Yogagirl – I think you have a great attitude in selecting a donor. We found ours pretty quickly which was a surprise. We took a risk as she was unproven but I got her AMH results which were above average and she was 23 so that was all we needed. I did want someone who had similar looks to me and she totally fits the bill. We ended up with 24 eggs, I am currently pregnant with a single and we have 12 frosties. BUT I do believe we were just lucky and the risk paid off as it was her first cycle.

January – You must be so excited to finally meet your little one. Can’t wait to hear the announcement.

Lots of positive news in this thread – so great!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

KMP  (12-12-2014),mardicharli  (12-12-2014),Patsy73  (12-12-2014),yogagirl  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca you must have been so happy with your results. Fingers crossed I get similar results in a few weeks time. My donor is young and proven. It's getting exciting now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi....So happy for you. Read your post with a few tears. Those of us that have slogged it through cycle after cycle know only too well how emotional it all is. Well worth it though!!! Will be sending you every good wish for your scan, am sure it will be just perfect. Congrats to you.... xxx

January...Thinking of you as your dream comes true. xxx

AFM... Waiting on bone marrow results on Dec 23 which determine if our journey is over or we give it another go.

Love to you all wonderful ladies.

Donna xx