Closed Thread
Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Em and mrserin - I think that is a great idea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations CAmom - awesome news :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats CAmom!! So good to see another BFP. Positive start for all the November girls.

I think it is a great idea to start groups up. Is anyone in Sydney at all (sounds like most are in Bris/Melb)? I would love to meet others in Sydney at any stage in their journey. I don't think there are any other preggies from Sydney at the moment except me?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-11-2014),mardicharli  (05-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats CAmom! Great news!

Seahorse/Myheart and anyone else in Melbs, We've already had a couple of meet ups in Melb with Vixjc who went to Greece for DE, it is nice to have some support prior to leaving and with your BFP too. The more the merrier. I don't think there will be one until the new year now as I'm 3 weeks of due date and MrserinR is laid up I believe?

I did start a thread for those over 40 pregnant through DE & IVF too on bubhub if any of our up the duff's from in here want to join - I found there were a whole different set of issues from getting pregnant when you're a bit older than most, also different emotions at times from using DE or doing multiple IVF cycles.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-DE&highlight=

Feel free to drop in there - we are a friendly bunch... but there is a lot if talk of cankles!

Em xx
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-11-2014),mardicharli  (05-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (05-11-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CAmon - A huge congratulations to you. That is such wonderful news. May you have a safe, healthy and happy pregnancy. XX

EmmaJane - Welcome, I wis you the very best on your future journey. You are right, this thread has provided me with invaluable support, giving me the courage to go to SA. XX

Mardi - How did you go with the depot? I hope it all worked out well. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CAmum, congrats on the positive!! Yes it really is a good sign for us November girls!

Hope, Laned & Mardi I am also in Brissy & see Wazza. I'd be interested in a catch up if you're organising one! it would be nice to speak openly about this process with like minded people in the same boat :-)

AFM all is going well so far. We fly out at 2am Saturday morning for a stop over in Dubai then straight on to CT. Our first appt is on Monday. So excited!

hope everyone is going okay & had a good Halloween :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

CAmom - Oh WOW!!!! CONGRATS on your pregnancy . It's great to see BFP's.. it gives those of us, still to go to SA loads of hope.

EmmaJane - Welcome to the forum and best wishes with your plans. I found this forum to be wealth of information, comfort and hope.

AFM - Clinic emailed to say AMH results can take up to 2 weeks . So i have to wait, wait wait, for the treatment plan. But they did say they can send my medication in the mean time. I found out from the DHL request form, which lists package contents, that the Dr has put me on Lucrin Depot, instead of Lucrin daily injections.

I have a question for the ladies that have started their treatment - Did you choose whether you wanted the depot injection or daily injection, OR where you just prescribed by your treating Dr and went with what he said? And to those who used the Depot injection, did you have any problems with it?

Have a great day and all the best to the ladies that are undergoing treatment .
    Last edited by faith15; 05-11-2014 at 21:58.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations to Feather!! Great news and glad they are both ok. Thanks for letting us know Emski.

Also congrats to CAMom! Bet you are just pinching yourself! Very exciting.

Good luck to November ladies and so pleased you are all meeting up. My dates didn't match anyone else going over on my first trip.

Welcome Emma! Hope all goes well with you. You have found a very supportive bunch.

MGC Bertie, hope all goes well with the DE from your sister.

Hi to everyone else.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry been reading along, just been too busy to post.
    MyHeart - we are leaving on 19th Nov, in just under 2 weeks.
    Laned - thank you for the advice re Lucrin Depot injection. I ended up dropping into my FS office the next morning and the awesome nurses there injected it for me. The packaging was really weird and it took them over half hour to work it out. The nurse even changed the needle to a finer one for me. They didn't even charge me and I left with lots of good wishes and hugs. So nice to have that injection out of the way! Phewph.
    Patsy - how's everything going? Hope you are having an awesome time!
    Hoping4Best - love your story re AFM. I must admit some of the acronyms leave me puzzled at times too.
    EmmaJane - hi and welcome to the thread. I will admit I wouldn't have the confidence to go over to SA if I hadn't found this wonderful forum and lovely helpful and supportive ladies and gent.
    CAmom - huge congratulations on your BFP!!! A wonderful way to start out November group. Enjoy every second of your pregnancy as bubba will be here in the blink of an eye.
    Emski - thanks for the info on your new thread. Would love to join it soon. Hope the last few weeks are fun. Bubba will be here before we return from SA!
    Hopeforall - everything crossed for your trip. Sat is sooooo close!!
    Faith - I think most of us were given the choice between the Lucrin Depot, daily Lucrin or Syranel, unless they had other drug protocols or medical reasons. I chose the Lucrin Depot as it is a once off injection and I wouldn't have to remember it daily, and of course, have to travel with it! Plus someone here found a UK pharmacy which supplied it for only $40 more than the daily injections. Leave plenty of time for delivery tho.. Had mine yest, and so happy to know that's it for injections for now.
    AFM - thank you for all the help with my Lucrin Depot injection. Ended up arriving on Mon after 13 business days with 24 hours to spare. Phewph!
    It would be lovely to have a group of ED babies/mums but I have a funny feeling I'm the only one on here from Adelaide???
    Did anyone with children take their car seats or prams to SA or did you hire them there?
    This is starting to get real. I start on the Estradiol tabs on Fri and only have 4 working days before we leave. Hubby's getting excited and I'm panicing - I do it so well. Lots and lots to do at work before we go. I teach so I need to write all of my end of year reports and prepare work for my relief teacher before I go! But nice to say starting to get excited too in between the panic.
    Everything crossed for all those cycling soon!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

faith15  (06-11-2014),Hope for all  (06-11-2014),laned  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the good wishes, still feels surreal... actually called a 2nd time yesterday to make sure I heard the HCG number correctly. Have to go tonite to do a 2nd HCG test.

I did the daily Lupron shots had no issues.

Em will check out your thread as feel like I could use some support now dealing with all the new tests and milestones. Speaking of which, for those of you who got positives, when did you contact your OB to set up a scan?

To those going over, you'll really love Cape Town! I highly recommend taking the cable car up Table Mountain at sunset & bring a bottle of wine for a "sundonwer" as the South Africans call it. Also if you want a great restaurant that's surprisingly inexpensive for what you get check out Dash in the Queen Victoria Hotel on the waterfront one of the best meals we had. Also highly recommend winelands great food & views, since my transfer was early I was not able to enjoy any wine but still had a great time. Hermanus for whale watching was also worth a visit. Also if you want a brunch with an amazing view check out Tinswalo Atlantic its a hotel located right on the water they have to drive you down to get there its 190 rand so not cheap but tons of food fresh juice, pastries, cheese smoked salmon plus an omelete a true feast that they bring to your table

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (06-11-2014),laned  (06-11-2014),mardicharli  (06-11-2014)