Closed Thread
Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned

Firstly I too watched the Holocaust lady on TV and used those same words to spur on a friend in another forum. How amazing would it be as a child to hear her stories of hope after what she had endured!

I had booked a beautiful place in Ubud but they decided 31 Dec was not a day guests could arrive or leave- go figure, so I've booked beach front Nusa Dua all on my lonesome for 3 days before I fly to Cape Town. On the way back I'm in combination villa/hotel for my remaining time. The family should be glad I booked that villa for them all to enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - bug hugs hun... You are so sweet with everyone on this forum, it is just unfair that good things sometimes pass by good people...

Mardi - good luck for Tuesday

3. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4 - my pio / gestone lumps lasted a few months... My nurse suggested asking my dh to rub them..! My fs has now put me back on pessaries...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (08-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

@myheart where are you at with your DE cycle hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post

I used ababySA after having a bad experience with another company. They were excellent but my first donor from their company was found to be bipolar (she's a proven donor too). I'm so thankful they do proper screening there.
    Hi KMP
    That's worrying that one of the donors had bipolar, do you know how they found out she had bipolar and is it some standard test? Can you say which other agency you had a bad experience with? I'm about to start to look for a donor and its scaring the crap out of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisaxxx the other company was Egg Donation South Africa- gave availability to pick donors then when I selected it was 4 months later. They then tried to suggest someone who would not 'fit'. They were also much more expensive and took a long time to reply to emails.

AbabySA ask me to cc them on all emails to Cape because I was not having my questions answered fully. The first donor had reported post-natal depression (with a father also medicated) which did raise alarms with me. The clinic obviously tried to nut it all out thoroughly and got to the bottom of it all. The psychologist at Cape must be very thorough, that's what I'd say (yay)

At ababySA they asked for photos of me and as much information before they shortlisted donors. It was all a very positive experience for me. Don't be scared.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Lisaxxx the other company was Egg Donation South Africa- gave availability to pick donors then when I selected it was 4 months later. They then tried to suggest someone who would not 'fit'. They were also much more expensive and took a long time to reply to emails.

AbabySA ask me to cc them on all emails to Cape because I was not having my questions answered fully. The first donor had reported post-natal depression (with a father also medicated) which did raise alarms with me. The clinic obviously tried to nut it all out thoroughly and got to the bottom of it all. The psychologist at Cape must be very thorough, that's what I'd say (yay)

At ababySA they asked for photos of me and as much information before they shortlisted donors. It was all a very positive experience for me. Don't be scared.
    Thanks KMP,
    Do all the donors when selected go through a psychologist at Cape Town Clinic?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisaxxx it seems st Cape Fertility they have to have psychological counselling as we do in Australia 😄

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisaxxx if you contact Cape Fertility you will automatically receive all the documents re appointments etc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisaxxx - all donors are physically and psychologically tested at CFC before any cycle is set. As KMP said, contact CFC and as them for info on their egg donation process and it is all explained in the documents they send you.
    Others on here have had good and bad experiences with different donor agencies depending on your expectations and previous expectations so have a look at them all and decide for yourself.
    Most people find the donor themselves the most important, not the agency, although we did skip a few agencies as they didn't give enough info about the donor families medical history. All depends on what you find important.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (08-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-12-2014)