Closed Thread
Page 31 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4 - you have to have the hysteroscopy between cycle days 18-24 & my fs said they also do the nk test around the same time, not before or early in the cycle. So the nk test must be performed after you ovulate before your next period as I understand. You should think about seeing a fs about getting both a hyst & nk test done just to be sure before you go like me. when they do the hyst they also flush your uterus with some sort of poppy seed stuff & scratch the lining which my fs said helps improve implantation rates & is good for up to 3 months after so I'm Going to do it just before I go to CT.

i can't believe how painful my AF is. Did anyone experience painful AF straight after a bfn donor cycle?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hopeforall. I'm sure we see the same FS. I did go in and speak to him but I didn't take it all in. Was going to ring today just to run through those details again re timing and the pill etc.
    And yes I think I had the most painful AF ever after my BFN - as if I hadn't been feeling bad enough 😉

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope for All, so sorry that it didn’t work for you. It must be even more devastating with the extra lengths we’ve gone through to try, but you’re on the right track to re-assess and see what you can do differently as to why it didn’t work.

Hope for All and Hoping4best, I totally agree with getting your immune testing done and make sure it’s for all immune issues, as MrsErin said, it’s around 14 vials of blood! I wasted 8 cycles and lots of $ before I was tested and I have a few. If you just have a biopsy for NKC57 it’s usually done between day 24-26 of a 28 day cycle. I also suggest reading “Is your body baby friendly” by Dr Beers. This opens your eyes to how so many immune issues affect fertility and conceiving. Make sure you have your immune treatment sorted before going back, remember there’s no rush your embies will be waiting for you when your ready.

Laned, MardiCharli and Lonza, I have my fingers crossed for you all.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (04-12-2014),Hoping4best  (06-12-2014),laned  (05-12-2014),mardicharli  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope for all sending big hugs your way so sorry about your BFN!

Patsy congrats on your BFP

Mardi, Laned & Konza good luck with the 2ww when do you test? Hope you all have BFPs to report soon

Feather enjoyed reading your advice. Did not realize you had gone once before w/o success before you had your twins nice to see perseverance pays off!

I hear you all on the pessaries, they are so darn messy. The injections hurt but only at the time they were done, if I knew I could have kept doing them I might but just have to use the pessaries 2 more weeks now. Had my 8 week scan tonite and bubs is growing at the rate it should which is great! We told our families we are pregnant at Thanksgiving which was really fun to share they all know we have been trying for 3 years & doing fertility but not more than that and they are all thrilled for us

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (04-12-2014),laned  (05-12-2014),mardicharli  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi, Konza and Laned...hoping for some happy news from you lovelies!!! Sending you my best wishes!

AFM... Hanging out at work!! Had my bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday and get results Dec 23...sigh!!

Donna xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-12-2014),mardicharli  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4 - if you see Wazza then I know what you mean, he talks really fast & sometimes goes off topic too plus we kept getting interrupted by his nurses which I found annoying but he's just so in demand. With regards to the hyst he said to wait til my next period comes then phone the girls in his office & book him for it on the day that I need, which is cycle day 20ish. Seems too easy especially since he seems so busy but he goes by your clock when you need him not by when he's available. I'm guessing he leaves a gap open each day for when he needs to be at the lab or the hospital & that's when they'll pencil me in for. You should call his receptionist & ask if they can book you in too.
    Thanks for the advice regarding NK cell testing & the book! I really hope I don't have that but if I do it'll explain a lot & good to know I can get advice from you ladies xo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Dear DJ - Oh love, I am so sorry I missed posting well wishes to you on Tuesday. Have had my fuzzy head up my backside since returning! Wishing you the very best of Christmas presents with clear results to pave the way for your future egg safari. Xxx

CAmon - I contacted my FS (Wazza) yesterday to see when he wanted me to test as I also took pregnyl with my cycle. CFC had recommended test today, but Wazza advised to leave until tomorrow. So BT tomorrow!!

Spotting has ramped up again in past couple of days, so really not all that confident as although small it is now bright red (fresh blood).

Have tried not to think about it and have been inadvertently distracted by a few priorities since arriving home:

1. The source of a foul stench in the house, which ended up being hidden rotten potatoes in the pantry;

2. Leaking sink requiring replacement of very expensive 3 way tap!!... And the piece de resistance...

3. Replacement of our fridge freezer which died!!! Yet again another very expensive undertaking.

Oh well hopefully that's the 3 things. Our sleep patterns have been a bit all over the place. Poor little Will is waking up repeatedly and wanting to party and chat in the middle of the night and wanting to sleep all day. A symptom of jet lag me thinks and a sort of an eye opener to future teenage years!!!😃

Mardi - hope you are distracted (albeit with nicer items). Xxx

Thanks all for your well wishes ❤️💛💚💙💜xxx
    Last edited by laned; 05-12-2014 at 06:48.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and gents

I have been a long time lurker and just last recently managed to finish reading all 7 threads! It has taken me a week to recover from the very late nights I put myself through, I'm talking way past 2.30am bedtimes, night after night after night.......

A big hug and my heartfelt thanks to every one of you who has contributed to this thread. You have not only opened my heart and mind to the possibility of using donor eggs but also provided me with so much invaluable information that will make it easier to negotiate the emotional roller coaster of a journey that we will soon undertake.

A bit about me. I'm 45, DP a relatively young 38 year old . I met DH late in life and we only considered TTC when I turned 40. I was told that, given my age at the time, and with low AMH and relatively high FSH, I had less that 1% chance of conceiving through IVF. Donor eggs were discussed. At that stage, we felt that we were not ready to embark on the donor egg journey and I managed to convince DP to give IVF a try with my eggs.

I was fortunate enough to conceive naturally at the age of 41 while waiting to start IVF. DS, the absolute joy of our lives , was born in 2011. We have been TTC since early last year with no luck, obviously due to my old eggs! DP has low morphology 2% but loads and loads of swimmers and doctor has suggested that low morphology is no problem in this instance.

This brings me to now. I'm very much on board with donor eggs. Particularly after reading many of your journeys however,I do feel selfish and a little greedy given that I already have a beautiful son. DP is happy with one and feels that his family is complete. There are a few more discussions to have but he has agreed to embark on this journey.

I've had all of my tests. The only problem was a uterine polyp that was removed today. Based on your overwhelmingly positive experiences, we have decided to use Cape Fertile Clinic and Dr Le Roux has agreed to treat me . Now for the hard part-finding a donor.......

Laned, Mardicharli and Konza - sending ALL of my positive energy your way.

DJ Shears - I hope that you find great ways of distracting yourself and that you recieve the biggest Christmas present ever on the 23rd.

Hope for all - I'm so sorry. Take the very best care of yourself during this time.

I apologise for what may be the longest post ever and promise that my future ones will be much much shorter. My first forum contribution ever!

yogagirl x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yogagirl For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (06-12-2014),Patsy73  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yogagirl - A big warm welcome to you and a mighty fine congratulations for trawling through the 7 threads. Good on you! ,any your donor egg journey be a successful one. Xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

yogagirl  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ThInking of you today Laned. Everything crossed for a BFP!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-12-2014)