Closed Thread
Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I actually wrote a long post on Sunday but upon checking the forum I can see that it never went through. Ugh! Oh well, just wanted to update that it was a bfn for us. BT came back negative so it didn't work. I'm okay now & I've accepted it although I'm very confused as to why it didn't work, we did everything right. They were 2 good quality blasties.
    Just goes to show that obviously I have another problem. I'm actually sitting at my fs Wazza's office now, I'm going to ask him to test me for NK cells & get a hysteroscopy.

Can anyone let me know what's the process of doing a FET with CFC? Anyone here been through that yet?

Laned & Mardi, good luck with your 2WW how exciting!! Have fun in CT, I really miss that place & can't wait to go back again!

Hi to everyone else & all the best

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-12-2014),mardicharli  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hope For All, sorry to read it didn't work this time, any BFN is hard to take, but after so much effort I can understand this one would be even harder.
    Apparently FETs are quite straight forward and you can pretty much FIFO and do the transfer. From what I've read here, it's approximately $500 AUD. I'm not sure of the drug protocol prior to leaving, I assume it would be progynova to build lining and the suppressant (synarel etc.) To close down the ovaries. @KLM0511 might be able to shed more light. I'm looking at going back in August so am curious too.
    Last edited by emski72; 02-12-2014 at 07:47.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),KLM0511  (02-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall: So sorry to hear your news, that must be so disappointing. But glad to hear you're already seeing your FS and are going to get some further tests done prior to going back to CT for a FET. Sending all of our best wishes to you and your DH. x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hope For All, sorry to read it didn't work this time, any BFN is hard to take, but after so much effort I can understand this one would be even harder.
    Apparently FETs are quite straight forward and you can pretty much FIFO and do the transfer. From what I've read here, it's approximately $500 AUD. I'm not sure of the drug protocol prior to leaving, I assume it would be progynova to build lining and the suppressant (synarel etc.) To close down the ovaries. @KLM0511 might be able to shed more light. I'm looking at going back in August so am curious too.
    Hi Hopeforall,
    So very sorry about you BFN. 😞
    Big hugs.
    Yes I can shed a bit of light.
    CFC charge approx $750 rand and the protocol I was on was to go back on the Pill, then I also had Progynova and Synarel.
    I flew over on a Thursday (arriving that same night), FET the following day at 11, then rested all day and was on a plane back home on the Saturday. Complete whirlwind of a trip. I was on my own too. Sadly that FET was a BFN, but I don't lose hope. This time I have asked my FS to do some more tests, to see if there was a reason why they didn't stick, so checked thyroid which is normal, and waiting for AF which is super tardy! Apparently my estrogen was 500, whatever that means. So another BT tomorrow to see where I am in the lengthy cycle! Then I can start the pill and the FS can do a hysteroscopy.

My next trip I will go for an extra day I think, like go on a Wed instead. Fingers crossed in Feb and we will get CFC to keep thawing till they get the two best embryos.

We'll get there Hope!
    Last edited by KLM0511; 02-12-2014 at 14:28.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),Hoping4best  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope For all, I'm really sorry to hear of your BFN. Testing for nk cells etc sounds like a good idea. A positive step towards your next cycle. I have high NK cells so I always want to encourage people to be tested.

Some of you were talking about getting your men in tip top condition, so I thought I'd mention that my DH also had a DNA fragmentation test before we embarked on DE. Just to be doubly sure the issue was actually my eggs (which it seems it was) and also so we wouldn't head to SA with a known sperm issue.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),Hoping4best  (02-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall I am so sorry to hear it was a bfn for you. It sounds like you are making plans to try again. Do you have any idea of when you might get your nk test done?

It really is confusing when it doesn't work. When you've done cycles here only to reach the conclusion that it's your eggs, to go overseas, take your eggs out of the equation, get great looking blasts but not obtain success I think you can't help but ask yourself why. I know it's said that a portion of young donor eggs aren't great either - but I found myself asking could I have been unlucky enough to get 2 eggs that weren't any good from our wonderful donor?
    Me being the way I am started to try and figure out why - all I could come up with is the sperm or the environment - thus looking into the nk issue like you are.

Mrs Erin and KLM - thanks for your info. I know it was meant for Hopeforall but I found it helpful too. Mrserin - could I ask... At what point did you test for nk cells. From your profile I see you are expecting in February (congrats) but had a number of unsuccessful cycles prior. Had you always known starting out about your high nk cells or did you find out after exploring why you'd had unsuccessful attempts?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),KLM0511  (03-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best, my FS did a biopsy for NK Cells after our first IVF cycle failed. He is a big believer in immune issues though so he probably tests much earlier than others might. He did that test along with blood tests for loads of other things. I think they took something like 14 vials of blood!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),Hoping4best  (02-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall - I am really sad to read your news. I was totally convinced that you would be successful. I had Warren throw an immune protocol with the exception of the immunoglobulin infusion at me. It may well be overkill, but I figured when you get to the stage of going o/s for DE, I was willing to throw anything at it. Again, I am really sorry. Sometimes this whole fertility ride seems to make no sense at all. Be kind to yourself and give your self permission to grieve this cycle. Xx

Williteverhappen - thinking of you Hun xxx

Mardi - thank goodness we had an incredible flight home. Lots of empty seats and William slept from one hour into the flight from Joburg to one hour out of Sydney. So DH and I also got some sleep. It was remarkably different to our flight over. All the best for your return. Xx

Just a note in relation to CFC, since having set out the grounds for my desire for further information, Dr H was very responsive and has been very accommodating.
    Last edited by laned; 02-12-2014 at 22:46.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (03-12-2014),mardicharli  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Laned, I'm surprised too. Hope your 2ww is successful!!

thanks MrsErin & Klm & Hoping4best for the helpful information! Speaking to my fs has really inspired me to hope for the future. What he's suggested is wait for my period for this cycle then have fun over Xmas, then with my next period in January I will have a hysteroscopy with a scrape & lipoido flush which will get me ready for a FET for either Feb or early March. While I'm in hospital for the hyst he said they'll withdraw blood for an NK cell study. If it turns out I have NK cells he'll give me a whole array of medication ie clexane, prednisole etc. so now all I gotta do is wait.
    he said that not every fs believes in nk cells so they won't push for it but he believes it's starting to become a thing now that could be a part of infertility.

so anyone going to be in ct in either feb or March next year? I'm not worried about going on my own, I didn't find it to be a dangerous place at all. Just gotta have common sense.

patsy, hope those numbers are still growing & your little ct Bub is growing nicely :-)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

laned  (03-12-2014),Patsy73  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopeforall. We should be there late February or very early march. We actually have to go to Joburg for the fet but then plan to head to Cape Town. I don't think I could face travelling all the way there only to have to come back a couple of days later. Plus it will give me a chance to buy one of these giraffes I want 😉 I really need to contact the FS again to try and work out timing of the nk test - don't you have to have it at a particular point in your cycle? My cycle is all out of whack following this last failed one so I may have to find out about going on the pill to regulate things - can you do that for an fet? At least then we could get flights and accommodation booked etc.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (04-12-2014)