Closed Thread
Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi and Konza: Congrats on being PUPO! I don't think Dr W goes for grades, ours were described as 'beautiful' and 'on it's way to being beautiful...' Fingers crossed! Did you get a photo of the embies, btw?
    I bought Crinone back but wasn't aware I could have continued on the PIO as I probably would have gone for that as haven't found them too bad. Wish someone at CFC would have told me at that I had a choice but Crinone it is...

Laned: Am keeping everything crossed for you, too! Hope you're enjoying your time in CT.

Hi to everyone else.
    Last edited by Patsy73; 30-11-2014 at 19:05.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-12-2014),mardicharli  (30-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - hope everything is still going well for you. When do you head home? We are leaving Tues. Thinking of you! Xx

Luca - thank you for your well wishes. Everything crossed!

Patsy - I was so happy to get some good embryos!! Find out tomorrow re freezing. Hopefully a few frosties would be awesome too!!
    We had to ask re photos and they said they normally didn't do them but ended up printing us out a lovely clear print of all 12 which were still growing. Was so nice to see round blastocysts without a tonne of fragmentation like mine usually have! Tried asking for grades and just got wonderful and lovely and was so happy with that we didn't push it.
    I didn't realise you had a choice of meds either so we are going back tomorrow to ask Dr WS assistant. I think I'd prefer the injections too. I find them very ouchy but no where near as messy as presseries!

AFM - we go home on Tues and I'm really sad to be leaving. Absolutely love this place and it's people, not to mention relaxing! Remembered today how much I hate the TWW. Spent the morning googling every twinge and ache then panicked as we went shopping this arvo and I tired myself out.. The TWW is evil!
    Hi to everyone else! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - do you mind if I ask how much it was to send your giraffe back home via DHL? I really want one but we are not game to attempt to take it home in our luggage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Mardi, Luca and Patsy. Thankfully the bleeding appears to have all but abated and fingers crossed, touch wood it will remain that way. 😃😊😃

Mardi - we leave tomorrow. Must say as with most of us I am not looking forward to the flight and am hoping as it is in the evening that William will sleep for the majority of it 😴

As for the giraffe, sorry Hun that wasn't me, but one of the other Bubhubbers. So I can't answer that. Xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - that's awesome to hear that the bleeding has stopped. Hopefully it was implementation bleeding. Here's to a nice sticky and growing embryo!
    Thank you you for info re giraffe. All this talk of one on here makes me want one. I guess I will just ring and get a rough idea of prices.
    I wish we had stayed longer but kept thinking we could only take 2 weeks off work. As it is, we aren't going back until next week so we probably could have stayed until Thurs or Fri, if it wasn't going to cost a fortune to change flights.
    Want to stay but also don't want to do those flights again!! Loges was good and slept 6/7 hours (we did overnight), but it was so cramped and uncomfortable, DH and I got virtually no sleep.. Hope you all travel better. Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mardicharli View Post
    Laned - do you mind if I ask how much it was to send your giraffe back home via DHL? I really want one but we are not game to attempt to take it home in our luggage.
    Hi Mardi

It was me who sent the giraffe home via DHL. It cost around A$700 for both the giraffe and a Big 5 statue together to be sent. We went to the visitor centre at V&A Waterfront to organise it and they were very helpful. We just couldn't face carrying them home along with 3 suitcases (we bought an extra one over there for all our shopping) and having to do an injection at Joburg airport and rushing around. It was all too stressful! It arrived a week after we got back which was perfect.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi: I meant to say that we found the perfect place to do the PIO injection at Joburg airport if you need to do that. After passport control/baggage scanning, there is a mother and baby room just by the toilets on the left as you come into the shopping area. It's got a chair in there as well which we sat our 6-year-old on with a game on my phone to keep him occupied while we sorted out the injection.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Finally have the chance to post. Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm still taking it in the fact that we successfully achieved our baby dream thanks to this forum and after our second trip to SA.

Blinky - you are often in our thoughts. I have everything crossed for your second trip. Best wishes to you and DH.

To the Adelaide girls - I'd be very keen to catch up. I loved meeting up with Blinky, January and Emski in CT so would love to meet up on home soil. PM me and we can sort something out.

To everyone planning a trip, I would say prepare for CFC to be super busy. I found they were hopeless at calling with embryo info but because others on this forum had forewarned me I expected it and didn't stress out (although it was none the less frustrating). When they need you to know something they'll call you. I also understand different doctors have different effectiveness of communication. I found Dr W to be quite casual and not as good as others. But when I needed him he delivered so I'm not criticising him.
    Also - get your DH checked out and as healthy as possible. Young eggs are one thing but it takes two to tango.
    Prepare yourselves for more than one visit. We were fully expecting to need to go again. Our friends used donor eggs in Thailand and they took 5 attempts before getting pregnant so they had prepared us for the need to travel again. Sure enough for their second child it happened straight away with one of the worst embryos!
    For donor selection, I cared less about her looking like me and more about her medical history and her donation history. Our donor had four previous successful donations including another set of twins so we felt confident she was a reliable cycler. We changed donors after our first unsuccessful trip. We also wanted someone who had not cycled two months earlier, as our first donor had done this, and I felt it affected her cycle which resulted in 7 eggs and five fertilised eggs.
    Finally - never stop believing. I knew I was destined to be a mother and fortunately my DH was totally on board and prepared to do what it took to make it happen, even if it meant many more trips.
    GOOD LUCK to all of you.

AFM : Things are going well with the twins. They came home ten days ago and are thriving after 19 days in the special care nursery as they arrived early (33+4). Their nasal gastric tube was removed on Saturday, so they are on full boob feeds. Wow - talk about sore nipples! Incredibly, I am tandem feeding and thankfully I have a great milk supply.
    Slowly the boys are becoming increasingly alert - they were 4 weeks old on Sat and reached full term (37 weeks ) last Thursday. Wow time flies!
    Max is now 2.5kg and Harry 2.8kg. Still very little but growing fast.
    With extra alertness comes more awake hours. And for Harry, that means lots of squawking. Maxy, thank goodness, seems far more chilled out. But for both it also equals more interruptions to our sleep as we try to feed them on demand and then settle them. I'd love to share a pic but I'm technologically challenged.

Again much much baby dust to all xxxxxx

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Feather For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (01-12-2014),Blinky76  (01-12-2014),January  (01-12-2014),KLM0511  (01-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014),mardicharli  (02-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (02-12-2014),Miss Sagi  (01-12-2014),Patsy73  (01-12-2014),Sunflower11  (01-12-2014),Tittle  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree with Feather's point - get your man in top health! It may mean some sacrifices for a few months for him but it also could be the key to great embryos and ultimate success.

I refused to do another donor cycle until I had DH on board with some lifestyle modifications. It was a tough conversation to have at the time but it has paid off

17. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I've been trying to keep up to date but the forum has been so busy and things have been hectic for me - so finally a bit of catch up.

Ianed - it must have been disappointing to only have ended up with 2 left - but it only takes one so fingers crossed. It sounds like you've had a really frustrating time with CFC. I don't know if I was just really fortunate with my experience with medfem or if you were just really unfortunate but at this stage I'm comfortable going back to them. Glad the spotting stopped - hopefully that was a good sign and associated with implantation.

DJ - how very frustrating to have had your biopsy postponed! Good luck for tomorrow.

KLM - I am so sorry to hear your Nan passed away.

Mardicharli - I hope your 2ww is going by quickly for you.

Blinky - interesting info on the 50/50 split. I think we have the same FS. I've been super concerned about a sperm issue with my DH... But so far my FS hasn't said he thinks it's an issue and I have asked directly. Mind you we are probably going back to use frozen embies so it wouldn't be an option for us at this point. But still good to know.

Lisa - how incredibly frustrating for you. We rely so much on these clinics to be honest with us and do the right thing... Even if the news isn't good.

Emmajane - how frustrating to have to put everything off. I'm frustrated having to wait to Feb - which is also work related.

Safe travels to all those returning and hoping to hear of some more bfp. :-)

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (02-12-2014),KLM0511  (01-12-2014),laned  (02-12-2014),mardicharli  (02-12-2014)