Closed Thread
Page 25 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall: Don't give up until you've had your blood test. You're only on day seven so you could just be getting a negative result because it's still early. I had a few cramps on Saturday night and was convinced it was my period coming but wasn't the case. So try and keep positive for a bit longer (as hard as that must be!) x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-11-2014),mardicharli  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: Thanks for all the lovely messages!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-11-2014),mardicharli  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope for all - I understand how you feel and even so I'm going to say don't give up yet. From everything I read cramps aren't an indicator that it hasn't worked. We're all different but when I stopped the injections etc it took a couple of weeks for my cycle to start. You and I both see the same FS and I did exactly exactly what you mention - went in and spoke about the nk thing. I will have the test so there is no doubt in that respect when we go back for our fet. I really pray that you don't need to worry about that and hope you get some positive news on Saturday. You will be firmly in my thoughts too along with DJ. Gosh this process can be so hard - hang in there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely ladies and gents, wow so much action going on.

Whatwillhappen, I'm so sorry to read your sad news, so devastating but I'm glad you're investigating and researching and looking forward as hard as it is.

Hope for all, as hubby said, don't give up yet, not until you get the phone call, you still have a couple of days to go and there's too many stories on BH where POAS says BFN and then BT shows BFP. Crossing everything for you.

Patsy, huge congratulations, you are definitely pregnant with those numbers. Did you transfer 1 or 2?

KLM0511, so sorry about your nan, i also wish my nan was here to see my kids too, if i get that far. When i started IVF i carried her rosary beads with me in my handbag just so i have a piece of her with me on this journey, needless to say they'll be coming to SA to so she's still with me.

CAmom, so exciting for you to hear the heart beat, congratulations.

MrsErin, excellent news about the SH, so glad you can go back on your feet.

DJShears, all the best for today, sending you positive vibes for your biopsy today.

Williteverhappen, congratulations on being PUPO with triplets, you've got more guts than me.

Laned, great numbers and I hope your transfer went especially well.

Mardicharli & Lonza, great numbers and it sounds like you're having a great time. We definitely have the same FS, i had an appointment with him yesterday.

January, not long to go now, thanks for doing such a great job with the roll call.

Tittles, seahorse, luca, i hope your pregnancies are all going very smoothly.

Annebelle1, I'm so jealous that you've got dates. I've been waiting since August and I hope i receive my plan in the next couple of weeks so i can book everything. We may be over their at the same time.

Blinky, February is so close yet so far. I think if i had everything booked I'd feel alot less anxious. I do find it odd that we'll be over there at roughly the same time and you've started on OCP and I don't even have a plan. I'm thinking I won't be on OCP for long.

Lisaxxx, that's terrible, you'd think they would defrost them earlier knowing you have to drive such a long distance to get there. In saying that I used to travel from Adelaide to Melbourne for IVF, I think I was just lucky that all of mine thawed correctly, but really who knows, they could have inserted them without me knowing they hadn't thawed properly, I wouldnt know...they were just cash cows.

Faith15, whoohoo, you've started your cycle, good luck.

Chillout17, goodluck with your researching, itcan be quite overwhelming so just remember 1 thing at a time.

Emmajane75, i hope you and hubby can sort out your leave and make it for March. such a pain when work gets in the way.Good luck

Hi to everyone one else and I hope all the new mum's are coping well.

AFM, waiting impatiently now and overthinking everything, i just need to book my flights, accommodation and safari's then i'll be happy.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (27-11-2014),laned  (27-11-2014),Lisaxxx  (28-11-2014),mardicharli  (27-11-2014),Sunflower11  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies and Gents

Thank you all for your lovely well wishes.

Well true to form, we only had two blastocysts remaining today. I was quite frustrated that CFC would not provide any details about the other embryos other than to say if they caught up they would freeze them!?

As for the two that were any good, it was like trying to pull hens teeth to get info on them. In the end we had 1 x 3BAA blastocyst transferred, the other to be frozen. I also asked for photos of the embryos, which CFC do not provide, so ended up with a very dodgy grainy pic taken on the phone!!!

For all my commentary on Medfem, one thing they did do was provide detailed advice about the embryos and pictures. They also had the embryologist speak to you about the embies.

So I am doing my upmost to try and stay positive at the moment. At the end of the day we have our beautiful little man, so we are already blessed.

Hope for all - It's way too early Hun. Cramping can be caused by implantation and progesterone. So don't loose faith yet. Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just before I go to bed, I just want to wish DJ the very best today. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Much love to you Hun. Xxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (27-11-2014),Patsy73  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi - I think I have my dates booked and confirmed only because I pushed the issue of needing them early for work.i told them straight up that I 'needed' confirmed date my no later than the end of October. I think the only reason I got away with my demand is because my donor has already donated a few times this year and didn't have another cycle to do this year. I felt very pushy asking for it this way but with our first cycle I felt very anxious and rushed having to book everything at the last minute. I didn't want to feel that way again for our second try. I can understand your frustration not having that locked in yet..

Laned - so sorry to hear about your disappointing dealings with CFC. This is kind of what we had with our first trip. (But with a few exceptions)
    I found when comparing our dealings with the others that were over there at the same time that it depends which doctor you have as to what info you can get, I also found if your results aren't great they aren't as quick or easy to get info about embryo quality.

I actually tried for days to find out whether we had any embryos to freeze - DR LR had gone away for a long weekend a couple of days after my transfer. I ended up going back into the clinic to ask face to face.

They made us wait 2 hours to see Dr H to give us the bad news. I swear they were drawing straws out the back as to who was going to tell us!

As for pictures of embryos - it's strange they said that, I asked the doctor before our transfer for a copy of ours. He didn't seem to have a problem with it and emailed it while I was sitting in his office.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ wishing you good luck for today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    DjShears - wishing you the best of luck for your biopsy. Everything crossed for nice clear results! Xxx

Laned - we are shattered for you. So sorry to hear that your embryos didn't keep growing for you. Still remember not to give up as you didn't have any left when you fell pregnant with William, so stay positive! Our son was our last embryo too, so there is something special about the last one or two embryos! Everything crossed that you have a nice sticky embryo there. Xxx

Williteverhappen - please don't give up. As many have said before, it's way too early to be too concerned. My best friend did a POAS on the morning of her blood test and it was still negative. Blood test showed positive and she had a baby girl 8 months later! Xxx

Miss Sagi - if you have our FS then you are in the best hands. We have been with him for 5 years as he was also our OB for my pregnancy and my sons birth. Such a great man. Also we didn't get our dates til 3 weeks before we left which was very stressful but it was because our donor was from out of town and we needed to wait til she could come to Cape Town for testing. We didn't think of that! We just did lots of research into flights, accommodation etc and booked the day after getting dates. Someone also mentioned booking accommodation which doesn't require deposits which makes them more flexible. We did have some difficulty with accommodation due to short time and peak period. Just keep on reminding CFC you need the dates yesterday. Xxx

AFM - still having a blast. Love this place! Getting nervous as we find out tomorrow how are embies are going and if we are having a 3 or 5 day transfer. Tried getting in to see Sarah for acupuncture but she's booked out til Sat. Still thinking of having a session after transfer for relaxation tho. Should have tried booking earlier! Never mind, still very excited at he prospect of some nice young embies being transferred soon.
    Love to everyone else! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blinky for the info! Has anyone had their meds and protocol supported by a GP or does it have to be a FS here? My FS (from genea) won't prescribe for SA and I've heard it costs a few thousand to go via a FS properly so was wondering if there were any FS out there who would do it for a more reasonable fee that anyone could recommend?