Closed Thread
Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    faith15 - CFT gave us a list of acupuncturists near Claremont. We used a lady who operated from her house (she was actually Chinese) and was wonderful. I can't recall her name but whatever she did worked for us! Acupuncture in CT is so much cheaper that Oz too! I would recommend doing it.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much is happening. It just took me an hour to read back over the last two weeks posts! Sorry I have been reading along every day, just sooooo busy. First trip overseas with our son and my second ever, very very nervous, not to mention all of the things I had to do for work before I left. So need a holiday, but we are finally here!!
    So many to catch up on..

Miss Sagi - Amazing we might have the same FS. If it is, he is so wonderful! Is yours based on King William Road? My depot injection also arrived on Day 13. Just in time!

CAMom - Thank you for all of your ideas. We also ended up getting a hire car through Budget at the airport. $1000 cheaper than our travel agent quoted us!! Congratulations on your little heartbeat too. We also didn't tell our family (only a few supportive friends who had been through IVF) as I couldn't stand the idea of having to explain everything plus the lack of support.

Tittle - Thank you also for your ideas and glad to hear everything is going along nicely with Bubba Tittle.

Williteverhappen - Congratulations on being PUPO. Awesome that they let you go 3 embies. Our first triplets?? Thank you also for your ideas. We ended up booking our hire car through Budget online and picked up at the airport. They were lovely. We thought of you and gave you a virtual high five in the air over the ocean.

Laned - Wow 12 eggs is awesome - hope they are all growing nicely. Thank you also re helpful info.

Hoping4best - Hope you have managed to find someone better than your gp to support your journey.

MrsErin - So happy for you that all of the bedrest has paid off for you and bubs.

Annabell, Nic1970 and Chillout71 - Welcome to this wonderful thread. Without it and the awesome ladies and gent who contribute, there is no way we would be here now hoping for a new baby.

January - Not long now til your little bubs arrives. Thank you so much for updating the roll call so often. So nice to see up moving down the list after years of watching and reading along.

DJShears - So glad to hear your awesome news and that you are already looking at starting again.

Seahorse - Congrats that all is going well with your bubba and that you are having a little girl!

KLM - So sorry to hear about your Nan. Hugs to you and your family.

Emski72 - Huge congratulations on the birth of Edie. She is beautiful!! Welcome to the love that is Motherhood. Cant believe you have had her already - I remember reading about your journey when you started like it was just yesterday.

Patsy - I have been following your journey closely over the last few weeks, and cried both tears of joy and happiness for you. So glad you are now PUPO with two beautiful 5 day embies. Huge congratulations!! Thank you also for your ideas. xx

Sunflower - So glad to hear your twins are still going well.

Hopeforall - Fabulous results and congratulations for being PUPO with 8 in the freezer. Wonderful!!

Blinky - Thank you for all your helpful ideas too!

AFM - Been a whirlwind since our arrival and my boys are now chafing at the bit to head out - have been tying for an hour! Will write later on experiences, but for now, appt yesterday with Dr W. Boy is he laid back!! But very friendly. He said my donor had plenty of follies but wouldn't tell me how many, which worries me (whats new???)..
    EPU is set for Monday afternoon. Trying not to stress but thats me.
    Loving Cape Town but suffering horribly from jet lag. I just want to sleep all day but could happily stay awake at 4am!
    Have had a walk through V&A yesterday, going off to Boulders Bay in a sec and have booked a day safari for tomorrow. Hopefully being busy will help.
    Really wishing we had booked to stay longer. Definitely not enough time to see everything we want to.
    Good luck to all my fellow November cycle-rs. Anyone brave/silly enough to POAS yet?? Everything crossed for you all.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

emski72  (23-11-2014),Hoping4best  (01-12-2014),KLM0511  (22-11-2014),laned  (22-11-2014),Patsy73  (23-11-2014),Sunflower11  (23-11-2014),Tittle  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello All

Mardi - welcome Hun. Ain't the weather amazing. We are having a shopping spree today at Century Shopping centre.

Wishing you the very best. Xx

As for Acupuncturist, I saw Sarah Hewland yesterday. Quite a few ladies here have used her. She is best contacted by email. If you google her name you will find her. First visit R370 and 300 thereafter.

AFM - update from clinic. Of 12 harvested, 10 injected and 9 fertilised. We are pretty happy with that. Everything crossed, they will continue to grow into beautiful embies. Xx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (23-11-2014),emski72  (23-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-11-2014),Tittle  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annabelle - Have just been reading over some of the many posts I have missed. Its the DW half of tittle here (its usually the male half who posts). I just wanted to let you know, before I met DH, about 18 months ago, I was also doing IVF as a single person. My FS had always placed a trip to SA on the cards if my own eggs failed. So I think I explained this was an option very early on to my family.

Having said that, my younger sister was/is very supportive. My Mum thinks it's all a bit weird but is wise enough not to say too much negative and she even looked after our fur baby for the month that we were in Africa. My older sister has 3 kids and I rarely talk to her about it. To be honest, I havent even told her I am pregnant yet. She told me not so long ago that my not having children was obviously by choice (WTF?) and that I should have had them earlier if I really wanted them. I think she was implying that I was selfish. I bit my tongue and let it 'go to the keeper'.

I never bothered justifying myself and when I do talk to her, I keep the conversation very factual. One of the fact I havent pointed out to her was that I spent almost my entire 30s as a single person as I never found a guy that I could trust and was not going to settle for second best! So that played a major factor in not conceiving earlier.

In fact, I was so determined and saw so many merits to raising a child solo, that poor DH had a really difficult time when he wanted to be involved in my plans. It took me a while to come around to the fact that I may have to compromise my ideas for the upbringing of my child (including names, daycare centre and school I had picked!) if I was to stay with him and make it work and have a family with two parents. Poor guy! I am really lucky he puts up with my stubbornness......(I call it determination.....)

So, not much advice, Im afraid, but know that others have been in your situation. And are thinking only the best thoughts for you. Your life is your own and you just have to live it - no matter what others think.

You will be a great parent. And there really are MANY advantages to raising a child solo - especially of you have a bit of support. Take care and let us know how things progress.

Sorry bout the essay.....
    Last edited by Tittle; 23-11-2014 at 06:49.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned....I am just thrilled for you all. Hope that petri dish continues to harvest you viable little embies You are so brave to have gone back given everything you have gone through and I love you to bits... you inspire me.

Love to everyone.... so sorry I cant do more personals, I am at work!!!

Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Laned, that's excellent numbers, you must be so excited! Let us know how they come along. I miss CT, after spending 12 days there we found out there's still so much to see & do there, like Garden Route. Well I guess we can do it when we go back, hopefully with a baby in towe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Well we have arrived home and are still suffering from jet-lag 3 days later! I won't ramble on too much but just wanted to post to let you know that, as suspected my BETA was a BFN :-(

I have just finished speaking with my Melb based FS and he has thrown out the idea of me trying another stim cycle with my OE but using donor sperm. I'm also awaiting further advice from CFC's lab as to whether DH sperm may have been the reason why our embies didn't develop and why we had to put in 3 x poor quality day 3s.

If anyone facing a day 3 transfer is reading this, please do not take my experience as an indicator of the likely outcome - I'm not against day 3 transfers (indeed the only time I fell pregnant using my OE was a day 2 transfer). Unfortunately our day 3 embryos were only 4-6 cells with fragmentation on day 3 so it was a quality issue. I don't think there is anyway that they would have transferred 3 if they really thought there was a strong chance of success, despite them saying 60-70% chance of pregnancy.

I'm not sure whether we will go down the donor sperm path, go back to SA or go to Spain like my FS originally suggested. I'm really counting on my fellow cyclers to come through with lots of BFPs to provide the inspiration to go back to SA. The clinic in Spain has a pregnancy guarantee that I've requested info on, I think you probably pay for a few cycles upfront and get a refund if you're not pregnant within 18 months. Given we are already out of pocket for one DE cycle, its hard to fathom doing it multiple times and still not achieving a pregnancy so if we are prepared to try a few more times it may be worth paying for them upfront knowing that if we don't end up being blessed with a baby that at least we won't be broke as well.

Anyway that is where we are at. I'll probably be offline for a bit for the next few weeks as I fly out to China on Wednesday night, the sheer thought makes me tired but the distraction is welcome - as is the glass of wine I'm about to pour myself.

Good luck to Patsy and Hopeforall and to all the ladies and gents in CT, I hope you're having the time of your lives.

To everyone else, bucket loads of baby dust.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Williteverhappen I am so very sorry to hear you had a bfn. I wish I had something that I could say to make a difference but really all I can do is sympathise and offer understanding. I understand your question about your DH sperm as with our failed DE cycle in October I came back and asked my FS exactly the same question. It's amazing you're off to china - I feel exhausted for you just thinking about it ;-) That said, I hope the trip offers you some distraction as you work through everything. Take care of yourself and hope to hear how you progress from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Williteverhappen I am so very sorry to hear you had a bfn. I wish I had something that I could say to make a difference but really all I can do is sympathise and offer understanding. I understand your question about your DH sperm as with our failed DE cycle in October I came back and asked my FS exactly the same question. It's amazing you're off to china - I feel exhausted for you just thinking about it ;-) That said, I hope the trip offers you some distraction as you work through everything. Take care of yourself and hope to hear how you progress from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hoping4best. I was surprised when my FS suggested using donor sperm but it's certainly easier and cheaper and worth a try! Xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (01-12-2014)