Closed Thread
Page 20 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope4all: Great result! Now rest up and enjoy the rest of your time in CT.
    Funnily enough, we just ran into Laned and family again! We decided to empty our sharps container at CFC on the way to the airport and had enough time for one last lunch at the Nood cafe around the corner and they had the same idea (although probably their first!) Would have loved to chat for longer but we had to zoom off to the airport! Anyway, lovely to see you again!
    Just about to board...bye lovely CT and see you the other side!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello All

How wonderful it was to catch up with you gorgeous girls, little (bigger) William and your wonderful gents. The catchup has added a very special personal component to this trip and has certainly made the journey more memorable. Having such wonderful women supporting us on this ride is truly a special thing. Thank you all for also welcoming a fellow ED recipient warrior to dinner. She expressed her amazement at none of us having met before!!

Williteverhappen - thanks for prompting us all to have the get together. Fabulous idea Hun. It was wonderful to share a few laughs about this process which none to often causes a great deal of anxiety and just having a general laugh about life itself. Be sure to get so e well earned rest before heading home. You have a very busy time on the horizon. Xx

Hopeforall - Woooohoooo, great numbers, fantastic news about your transfer and so many in the freezer is just such an amazing result. Well done Hun. Wow, must be such a relief for you both. Your DH is such a good lad having been so disciplined. Enjoy your down time. Can't wait for your updates. Congrats on being PUPO. Xx

Patsy - it was truly lovely meeting your gorgeous family and what a great surprise to have bumped into you again today. Your William is such a lovely little chap, I am sure you are both so proud. Such a shame we didn't have longer to chat! We wish you the very best of flights home and a wonderful welcoming home present in the form of a beautiful BFP. Thankfully little William was more settled today, albeit we have most definitely hit the tantrum era. As for POI injections, I too used a disabled toilet. It is a bit weird injecting yourself in a public toilet. Unfortunately, I had visions of the movie "Train-spotting" when I was attending to mine!!! Xx

Seahorse - What a relief for you Hun and such a memorable and remarkable moment. Likewise, go team pink. How lovely for you both. Xx

Blinky - I concur with Mardi's post. It took 22 days for my shipment to arrive and then no one was able to advise as to the storage conditions or where it had been for that period of time. The recommendation given to me by both Customs and Aust Post was to in future utilise an international courier express service and not Royal Mail. Good luck. Xx

A big wave to all other ladies and gents out there.

AFM - I am sorry I haven't posted sooner. Seems as though time has evaporated over the past 2 days. I am feeling quite good at the moment although a tad vague. Don't know whether it's the drugs, jet lag or all of the above!

We had our first appointment today and all seems to be well. I am astounded at how simple and carefree the experience has been with CFC. Certainly a dramatic difference to our former experience with Medfem. Dr H advised that our do ours scan today revealed 11 follicles. I am hoping that his reference was to nice ripe ones and doesn't include immature eggs. He made mention of how lovely our donor is so we are feeling quite blessed. He concurred it would be sensible to only transfer 1 granted my Classical CS scar and raised risk of rupture.

EPU scheduled for Friday, so will keep you all posted.

Again such a privilege to have been given the opportunity to meet some of the wonderful women on this thread. Thanks ladies. Xxx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-11-2014),DJSHEARS  (20-11-2014),Hoping4best  (20-11-2014),Patsy73  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best...If my bone marrow results are good, I may go in Feb /March also. depending on our donor and family commitments here. Would be lovely to be there at the same time... lets see how both our plans are going!!! My last trip was fantastic and although it resulted in a BFN, I still had a lovely time and enjoyed catching up with Anait and Sunny. I took my 10 year old daughter last time and she loved it...the princess of room service at 9pm..ice-cream with chocolate topping on a silver tray! This next trip I plan on booking the same motel and just cant wait to return to the wonderful CT.

Laned...Heart felt good wishes to you. Promised to keep you in my thoughts and girl, I can't get you out of my head!!! Hope the golden egg is all yours beautiful friend. xx

AFM...Waiting...7 days to go until the bone marrow biopsy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (22-11-2014),laned  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sorry I didn't get back for an update yesterday. The news here is good! We went for a follow-up scan yesterday and there was no sign of the SCH!! We are thrilled. We thought it would be smaller but didn't expect it to be gone. So, 7 weeks on bedrest seems to have done the trick.

Then we headed to see the doctor, thinking he would remain conservative and keep me on bedrest, but instead, he said I should rest through this weekend and then I can return to normal activities. But, by normal he means a reduced level of normal. So, I have to ease back in slowly and take things slowly in general.

I never thought I'd make it back to work, but I'm going in for a few hours on Monday.

Hi to everyone out there.

We must be due for some POAS results here soon!?? Looking forward to some BFPs

X

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (21-11-2014),laned  (22-11-2014),mardicharli  (22-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    great numbers Hope for all! 11 sounds promising too laned!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Wow, so much has been happening in here! I have been reading all the pages and pages of posts that I was behind on and am so excited to read that Emski had her baby!! Congratulations!!!! I bet you can hardly believe it!

It's also great to read about all you lucky ones in Cape Town! Glad you are all having a ball there and hoping you all end up with BFP's.

I have been well but waiting patiently for AF to arrive which is taking its time, before I can start back on the pill and get back in sync etc.

Sadly my dear Nan passed away a week ago. She was 89 and had cancer so is better off now that she doesn't have to suffer anymore. It's a little sad that she never got to see me have kids. But hopefully I can call on her for help on my next trip to CT (will be my 3rd).

Too much happening here for more personals but sending well wishes to you all.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (24-11-2014),JoJoD  (22-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-11-2014),Patsy73  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - so sorry to read about your nan. Very sad .

I am sure she will shine over you on your next trip and cycle. DH's grandma passed away on CD1 of my cycle with William. I can't help but think her spirit helped us get by.

Thinking of you and your family during this sad time. Xx

AFM- our donor blessed us with 12 eggs today. Hoping like crazy we get a decent fert rate. We all know how quickly the numbers can drop off!!!

We are pretty certain we saw our donor today. Really surreal feeling!!!

Thinking of all ladies and gents in the torturous 2WW. Much love to you all. Xx

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (22-11-2014),KLM0511  (22-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope & Laned great numbers am thinking good thoughts for you both! Funny I think I saw our donor too as we rushed to get to the clinic & DH was doing his thing to get them his sperm on time since our retrieval was early. I thought our donor was seeing the doctor after coming off of the anethesia won't ever know for sure but had a feeling it was her...

DJ you are so brave and I hope you are able to get back to CT Feb/Mar when you plan

Patsy,Willitever & Hopeforall think you should be expecting results soon fingers crossed for all of you.....

We had our scan last night at 6 weeks 3 days and saw a heartbeat! So exciting and helped to make the fact we are pregnant more real! We were a 3 day transfer of 2 8 cells so to those of you who did 3 days keep the faith!
    Last edited by CAmom; 22-11-2014 at 01:58.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

PS - DJ blessings to you girlfriend. Likewise you have been in my thoughts. I'll text you at a reasonable hour. Xx

Erin - wonderful news re SCH. Hopefully you can start enjoying the pregnancy a bit more without the fear. Xx

Thanks to all other for wonderful wishes. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM – So sorry about nan .

Hope – Congrats on being PUPO and still having 8 to freeze.

Laned – 12 eggs is FANTASTIC. Hoping you get just as great, a fert report. Good luck.

Patsy and Willitever – Thinking of you during your 2WW and hoping for BFP’s.

AFM – Waiting of AF now so I can start the OCP. Just a week or so to go. Excited and anxious.

Question – Just wondering if any of the ladies going to CT will be going for acupuncture, and if you are, who will you be using?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (22-11-2014),laned  (22-11-2014)