Closed Thread
Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall: congrats on 13 eggs, that's great news! Glad you had a good night last night, would have loved to come as well but didn't think our six year old would last the distance! As for the PIO, haven't found them too bad (I was really fearing the worst) although I have been putting an ice pack on the spot before and massaging my bum!

Williteverhappen: Glad you're feeling better about things and had a good time last night. I could probably have done with a 'take your mind off it' evening as I've started to obsess a bit about whether this has or hasn't worked... The lack of frosties is praying on my mind, maybe I should have asked them to check again the next day to see if there was any change... Anyway, must start being more positive (which is hard for me because the way I've always dealt with everything is not to get my hopes up so if something doesn't work, it's not such a shock...)

Moving to new accommodation in Fish Hoek today so we can check out that part of the city. Looking forward to meeting everyone here at the dinner on Tuesday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Patsy. I hope you find something astounding to take your mind off things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: January: thanks for updating the roll call.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

January  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the ladies who have had day 3 transfers - please stay positive. I know it's hard as on both my trips that's exactly what happened to us with none left to freeze. I got pregnant both times, the first disappointingly was a chemical, however the second started as twins (one stopped around 6 weeks). I am now almost 35 weeks pregnant and awaiting the arrival of our little miracle.

It's not the end of the world, although it does feel like that at the time!! I am proof and there are others on the thread that have had great success with day 3 embryos.

Anything is possible

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (16-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-11-2014),Patsy73  (15-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks January for the Roll Call update. Lots to catch up on !!!

Pending my Bone marrow biopsy I plan on heading over in March. We are waiting to hear if our first choice donor will be available but have a second choice in our hearts. Our sperm donor has been selected. If ever a prayer, I am so praying that I am in remission. I know that some day it will return but it is not a blood cancer that shortens your life but rather causes little/no immunity which then becomes life threatening. I am going to have to sort out a FS to work in with my haematologist.

Any of you lovelies planning to head over in March????

Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DJShears, we are planning a late March trip, however things are a bit up in the air with work at the moment and I am not sure id it will be possible, but March is when we are planning for at this stage

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone... what a busy place this is... although I'm rarely posting at the moment I do check in to see what your all up to and cheer you along from the sidelines, welcome to all the newbies, this forum is really a lifeline and became a treasured part of my journey, the support and information is amazing and it is comforting to know that others understand exactly what your going through. For those who haven't had success yet I am sorry and send you best wishes and hugs as you decide on your next step.
    Emski and Feather congratulations on the safe arrival of your babies

Donna I am so happy that you have a plan in place and looking forward, I am adding my prayers to yours for a good result with your tests. I would love to share another South African adventure with you but March is a little early for me. Current plan is to go back for a FET next year, Cyndi advised I need to stop breastfeeding for a month before I can start again and I would dearly love to continue until Noah is one. I think at this stage it will be April - June but will really start planning in the new year.

Good luck to all currently in or about to leave for SA sending you lots and lots of best wishes, great that your all meeting up, it makes it all a little bit more special. xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, wow this forum has really taken off!

If you haven't guessed already, I'm MardiCharli's DH and in 4 sleeps time we will be flying over to CT for our transfer and an amazing experience.

Williteverhappen, thank you so much for the dinner invite, but we won't quite have made it to South Africa by then. It would have been awesome to hook up, good luck with your journey

To everyone here, keep posting your stories and asking your questions. This is a truly wonderful source of information and inspiration. I especially enjoy hearing about what you do when you're away from the clinic. Can anyone recommend some excellent Safaris? Or any other must do's? We will be travelling with our 4 year old son.

Thanks in advance and best wishes to all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Konza For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Konza View Post
    Hi all, wow this forum has really taken off!

If you haven't guessed already, I'm MardiCharli's DH and in 4 sleeps time we will be flying over to CT for our transfer and an amazing experience.

Williteverhappen, thank you so much for the dinner invite, but we won't quite have made it to South Africa by then. It would have been awesome to hook up, good luck with your journey

To everyone here, keep posting your stories and asking your questions. This is a truly wonderful source of information and inspiration. I especially enjoy hearing about what you do when you're away from the clinic. Can anyone recommend some excellent Safaris? Or any other must do's? We will be travelling with our 4 year old son.

Thanks in advance and best wishes to all.
    Konza & Mardi - wishing you safe travels as you head to SA.
    My DH reads along on the forum but isn't 'brave' enough to participate so kudos to you Konza for getting involved!
    As for suggestions of what to do while in Cape Town away from the clinic, we highly recommend any of the following:

#Inverdoorn Safari: Awesome personal interaction with Cheetahs

# A trip to Simons Town - a shark dive if you are brave otherwise a trip to seal island and boulders for the penguins. You can get up real close - we got the most amazing photos here!

# A trip to Cape of Good Hope - we thought the name was fitting and the view spectacular!
    - you can even take a dip where the atlantic meets the Indian Ocean!

# A meal at 'the brass bell' - this is where the 'locals go ' for fish n chips

# the big red bus tour is a great way to see a lot of the city. We took the extra day and went on the wine route through Constantia. We stopped at Groot Constantia (winery) for lunch. DH said it was one of the best meals he has ever had!

# a recommendation from our accommodation host was to try an ostrich burger @ royale burger on long st. In the city. It was great local hangout with awesome burgers (not all ostrich )
    - we went back a second time we liked it so much!

#Robben Island is a great little trip - although a little one may get bored during the island tour..?..

#cable car to Table Top mountain
    - a must do while there really!

This next trip we will probably do some of those things again with the addition of the following :

#cape Malay cooking class

# steam train ride to Simons town along the coast line

#kistenbosch gardens

Hope that gives you some idea

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (16-11-2014),mardicharli  (16-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-11-2014),Miss Sagi  (16-11-2014),williteverhappen  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acquilla safaris – we did an overnight safari which included an evening game drive and a morning game drive. The only draw back was that one we got back from the morning game drive and showered etc there wasn’t anything to do other than have breakfast and sit by the pool for 2 hours while we waited for our return transfer to Cape Town. This wouldn’t be an issue if you drove yourself there and may not be an issue for those that don’t mind relaxing, I find it hard to sit still! Otherwise it was a really great safari and we got to see all the animals, food and accom were also both fantastic.

Drakenstein Lion Park – if you don’t have time for a safari but want to see some big cats go here. I’m a crazy cat lady so did both. Its only half an hour out of CT and costs a mere 50ZAR to get in. All the 35 lions here are rescued from horrible circumstances and are not able to be returned to the wild so are essentially just living out their days in the comfort of the park. They rely on donations to keep going so you’re also contributing to a great cause by visiting.

Richards Supper and Bistro
    – refer to previous post. Lots of fun, good food and something different. Given the African flavour of the entertainment I’d recommend going early on in your trip as it will really make you feel like you’ve “arrived” in Africa.

Cape Point
    – allow yourself a day but just jump in the car and follow the tourist route that you will find on most maps.

Camps Bay
    – lovely but busy beach spot that includes lots of shops and restaurants.

V&A Waterfront
    – nice to look around the shops, have a drink or a meal.

Table Mountain
    – of course! The cable car has been closed for several days that we have been here due to gale force winds so as soon as it was open we seized the opportunity to go and loved it. The website will tell you if it is open so keep an eye on this and make sure you go when weather permits.

Robben Island
    – haven’t been there yet but understand from Hopeforall that it is awesome. She booked through the tourist info centre and had no trouble getting tickets whereas I booked online and there was only limited availability. We were hoping to go with Patsy 73 on Friday but couldn’t get online tickets so have booked for Tuesday instead. We should have just gotten tickets from the tourist information centre which may have meant we could have gone on Friday as originally planned. Given we need to work around our CFC appointments, flexibility is important.

Cavendish Square
    – great shopping centre just up the road from CFC. Also includes a cinema that has tickets at full price for about $6AUD!

Hop on hop off tour
    – not particularly expensive and a good way to suss out what you might like to do while you’re here.

Wine tour
    – SA wines are super cheap and very nice so this is really nice to do but not overly necessary as you can quite easily and cheaply just have a glass of wine with both lunch and dinner on all the days you’re in CT and sample quite a few! That said we did enjoy the trip around the country side and personally visiting all the wineries.

All the best of luck to you and Mardicharli for your journey.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (16-11-2014),mardicharli  (16-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-11-2014),Miss Sagi  (16-11-2014)