Closed Thread
Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    3 x 3 day embryos of 4-6 cells transferred. Will find out on day 7 via email what happened with the other 3 embies. She said still 60-70% chance of success and the best place for them was in me. Dr warned me of transferring 3 even though it was her idea, although admittedly I was already thinking about it!

Feel a bit numb as no time to prepare myself mentally given I was only given 1 hour 15 mins notice of our transfer.

Please send happy thoughts and good vibes our way. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Williteverhappen, there's been lots if success in here with exactly those kinds of embryos. Don't lose hope, and the others may indeed pick up. A couple of mine did.
    Thanks for the well wishes on Edie's arrival - she is tiny and adorable.
    Em
    Xx
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, you're an angel for taking the time to reassure me after just giving birth! Thank you so much. Now please rest up and enjoy your beautiful girl, it's your time now xxx

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (14-11-2014),laned  (13-11-2014),Patsy73  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski - what a gorgeous little girl. She is truly beautiful. Thank you so much for letting us all know. I can't believe she is here! As said, may her stay in SCN be short and wishing you all a life filled with love, peace, happiness and good health. Welcome to the world beautiful Edie. Much love xxx

Williteverhappen - Oh Hun, what a roller coaster ride! You must be having mixed feelings of excitement, anxiety and feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment. Take comfort in the recent posts about successful day 3 transfers. Furthermore, focus on the 60-70% odds. Thinking of you Hun. Much love. Xx

Patsy - As others have said before me, congrats on being PUPO. May your embies snuggle in. Xx
    Last edited by laned; 13-11-2014 at 20:31.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (13-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by williteverhappen View Post
    3 x 3 day embryos of 4-6 cells transferred. Will find out on day 7 via email what happened with the other 3 embies. She said still 60-70% chance of success and the best place for them was in me. Dr warned me of transferring 3 even though it was her idea, although admittedly I was already thinking about it!

Feel a bit numb as no time to prepare myself mentally given I was only given 1 hour 15 mins notice of our transfer.

Please send happy thoughts and good vibes our way. Xx
    Sending tonnes of happy positive vibes your way hon. Try to stay off google and just keep seeing your little embabies grow and snuggle in. x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - she's just perfect and so gorgeous.... You and DH must be over the moon. It feels like last week we were all in CT. Huge congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I am taking it pretty easy today after the emotional roller coaster of the last few days so have time to write a longer post, but we'll be back on the sightseeing bandwagon tomorrow to make sure we see as much of this gorgeous city as we can!

Apologies in advance for those I may miss, this thread is now getting super busy!

So, firstly, Emski, congrats again on the birth of Edie. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Hope you're doing ok.

Williteverhappen: Your morning does indeed sound like a roller coaster, but take heart from all the positive day three stories on here. Your odds are still very good!

Hope 4 all: Good luck for your donor's EPU on Friday. Hope you're having a good time in CT. I actually decided to tempt fate and get all the required drugs here in case of a BFP. As I've been going through my GP in Oz, it seemed simpler. Hope I haven't jinxed things, though...

DJShears: Glad to hear things look like they are going the right way with your health and you can get back to CFC next year.

MardiCharli, Laned and Konza: Good luck with the last minute preps ahead of your own upcoming trips to CT. It's an amazing place.

Nic1970 and Annabelle: Welcome to the thread. I've said it before but I don't think I would have felt brave enough to even consider coming to SA if it wasn't for the invaluable advice and support from the other members here. We flew from Melbourne via Perth with South African Airways (although the Melbourne/Perth leg is operated by Virgin which was a bit uncomfortable as it was rammed. Also a long stop in transit in Perth.)But I liked it because it had the least time in the air. We went through Sky Scanner to find the best fare. Molteno Cottage in Claremont was also wonderful especially if you are traveling by yourself as the lovely owners are right next door (although the owners are selling up so don't know what that means for the cottage...

Tittle: How are you getting on?

And hello to everyone else at whatever stage of this journey you're at!

AFM: Got the email today to say there were no frosties which was disappointing but not entirely unexpected. Now going to try and enjoy our last few days here (sob!) to take our minds off the dreaded 2ww!
    Last edited by Patsy73; 14-11-2014 at 03:59.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Hope for all  (14-11-2014),laned  (14-11-2014),Tittle  (18-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A massive congratulations Emski...what a beautiful, perfect little girl. I am very happy for you :-)

Hopeforall - I hope your epu went well.

Luca - thanks for the info on the giraffe, I've prepped my DH for our next trip ;-)

Patsy - congrats. I hope the 2 week wait flies by for you.

MCG - hope you're coping with tww.

Williteverhappen - good luck with your tww. It's probably easier said than done, But try not to worry too much yet about the embryos. In all my research I keep hearing that the look isn't always an indication of a successful outcome and that plenty of pregnancies happen with those that don't look as good as others. I hope the clinic was able to give you some helpful info. I am sending those happy thoughts and good vibes to you :-)

For all the ladies over in Cape Town - if you have any time and you like a high tea type thing - head to the Belmond mount nelson hotel. They do a very yummy high tea - but you probably need to have a sweet tooth. Wasn't sure if any of you know about it so thought I'd mention it. Very relaxing peaceful setting - particularly if you sit outside.

AFM - I wrote to my clinic in Joburg to get some details on the quality of embryos - I don't know about experiences in Cape Town but they don't tend to give you much detail on the grades etc when you're over there - plus they use a different grading system. Anyway the clinic very promptly did up a report for me and sent some info on the grading system used which is good. It's terrible - I'm wishing the months away so we can get to feb/march.

Take care all

Sent from my iPad using T

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

emski72  (14-11-2014),Hope for all  (14-11-2014),laned  (14-11-2014),mardicharli  (14-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014),Patsy73  (14-11-2014),Sunflower11  (15-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em congrats on your baby girl so beautiful I am sure she makes all the stress and craziness of the journey worth it! YAY!

Pasty congrats on begin PUPO (I don't know what it stands for either LOL) other than you are now in the 2WW 2 day 5s is great bummer about no frosties we had none either...Hope the 2 weeks fly by and you enjoy the rest of your time in Cape Town

Willitever fingers crossed for you, 3 wow you might get triplets! Hope your 2WW goes well! I totally hear you on the rushing to CFC. Our donor ended up being ready 2 days early early so the day I was supposed to go for my lining scan we instead had to rush and drive back from our safari 4 hours in order to make it in time for hubby to give his sample for timely fertilization. Talk about pressure for my hubby but he was a champ and got things done LOL.

Mardi we rented a car at the airport from Budget super cheap and easy

Luca that's so cool that you shipped a whole separate box of wood stuff back. We got one of the giraffe statutes of the neck up and just carried it on. It was covered in a bag and the customs guy said whats that I said a girraffe and he said oh nice

We have not told anyone we did DE and are not sure we are going to... Our parents know we have been doing IVF but not more than that. We are now counting down to our scan, just 7 more days to go.....Who knew pregnancy involve so much waiting

Who is next up?
    Last edited by CAmom; 14-11-2014 at 10:39.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

laned  (14-11-2014),mardicharli  (14-11-2014),Patsy73  (14-11-2014),williteverhappen  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Em and hubby....!!!!! She is adorable.... I am so happy for you both...!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

emski72  (14-11-2014)