Closed Thread
Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MardiCharli: We used Vineyard Car Hire in Claremont which were recommended by Annette at Molteno Cottage. Reasonable rates and can deliver to your accommodation. They also do car seats and sat nav which we've found invaluable.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (12-11-2014),mardicharli  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Nic and Annabelle :-).

Nic - we flew with qantas. Went to Sydney and from there to Johannesburg. We did our treatment in Joburg but afterwards went to cape town flying South African airways. While in Cape Town we stays at 3 on Camps Bay (a boutique hotel). It was lovely, great position and camps bay is gorgeous. It's a little out if the heart of Cape Town but we had a hire car which we had just picked up at the airport.

Annabelle - I can't say I've had those issues but then I haven't really told many in my family. My sister knew we were going over and she's been super supportive. Not everyone will understand (my recent gp experience is an example if that) which is disappointing - I imagine more so if they are someone you're close to. It's probably easier said than done but try not to focus on it - you'll have lots of other things to focus on as you progress with the ED journey - and you will have heaps of support from everyone on this forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everybody, it's 5.20am in CT as I'm writing this. Still struggling with jetlag I guess.
    Yesterday we went to Robben Island - oh my god, what a fantastic experience. It's only about 4-5 hours long so not a whole day experience, which meant we had time for lunch on the waterfront beforehand. The view of table mountain from the island was spectacular and you can see penguins & seals. Definitely make it a must-see while you're here.

Williteverhappen & Patsy, I can't believe we were all at CFC on Monday! I remember seeing a couple who looked aussie & was wondering if it was one of you. The girl had short brown hair. Anyway, the clinic sure is busy! People coming & going. Our appt went well, our donor angel had her day 12 scan & is showing 16 follicles so far. The dr said she's doing very well & can tell she's the type of person who genuinely cares for people & is excited about donating. It's funny, I've never met the girl but I alteady love her! EPU was supposed to be Wednesday but the dr wants them to grow a little bit more so EPU has been pushed to Friday.
    Patsy & Williteverhappen - did you purchase more meds from cfc while here? Did you buy more progynova & progesterone supplements? I need advice about what meds to pick up to take home...
    Enjoy your wine tour today williteverhappeb! We're doing a bit of shopping today then tomorrow we'll go to 2 Oceans Aquarium.

Hope everyone else is doing good back home!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Someone was asking whether 35 ampoules of PIO was enough? It is :-). You take them on alternate days from week 6 to week 8 and then stop. You are alternating them with something else like Crinone and then eventually move solely to Crinone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy – congrats that is so great that your little embies took off and will now grow out to day 5. How funny that you found out when you were on the table! It was Tittle who that happened to and they are preggy now.

Hoping4best – we bought our giraffe from a father and son at the markets in Hout Bay. I wanted a hippo too but they were too heavy! We went for a drive one Sunday to check out Camps Bay and then went on to Hout Bay and came across these great little markets. You can also get them from touristy shops but you get totally ripped off (especially around Waterfront where we stayed). The markets are great and so cheap and we really felt like we were helping out the families too.

Welcome to newbies – so much happening on this site now I can’t keep up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask, how does it work regarding SA donors vs nsw rules regarding donor children having the right to find out their birth mother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well unfortunately they wont be able to find out as in SA its the opposite- only anonymous donation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chillout - as the procedure is completed in SA, rules from NSW (or for that matter anywhere in Australia) dont apply.
    Currently SA operate under completely anonymous donation -donor children don't get access either. There has been some talk that this may change in the future but nothing concrete at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks. Out of interest, if anyone wouldn't mind sharing a somewhat personal perspective, how did you feel about this on behalf of your future child and was it a factor in deciding where to seek egg donation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone on this thread shared an idea that they would create like a scrapbook about their journey to SA including info from the donor profile etc, but i do not remember who was that. i have not thought what we are going to do yet even years after years doing ivf with de (you can see in in my signature)