Closed Thread
Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1115
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Those of you who travel to Cape Town - if you travel by Qantas has anyone gone through Joburg and on to Cape Town arriving there about 7 or 8 pm? Or do you go to joburg spend a night then continue on. Just wondering if it's a problem arriving around that time of night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best

It's not too far to the city from the airport if you arrange a transfer. I have overnighted in Joburg on a separate holiday and the hotel there was very nice. Joburg is a much bigger and busier airport than Cape Town.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4best View Post
    Hi ladies. Those of you who travel to Cape Town - if you travel by Qantas has anyone gone through Joburg and on to Cape Town arriving there about 7 or 8 pm? Or do you go to joburg spend a night then continue on. Just wondering if it's a problem arriving around that time of night?
    Hoping - this is the flight we took arriving in Cape Town at about 8pm. It was absolutely fine. Cape Town airport is still very much in business at this time of day so it's quite safe.

We had decided to pick up a car for the length of our stay. Because of this we decided to stay at the hotel right near the airport overnight (Hotel Verde) and pick the car up the following morning. (The hotel will transfer you to/from airport for free - it's like 1min drive from airport)

This decision wasn't because of safety (this was our second trip- we knew we were safe)... It was more because I knew after 20+ hours of travelling that the navigating to our sea point accommodation would result in 'heated' discussions between DH & I.
    I decided a good nights sleep was a better option before driving there.
    The hotel was fabulous.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (11-02-2015),KMP  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome. Thanks KMP and Blinky. This will be our 2nd trip too but last time we did our transfer in joburg first and then headed to Cape Town. This time we want to go there first so I can maybe enjoy the wineries ;-) but for some reason DH was worried about arriving at that time of night.
    Blinky your suggestion sounds good actually and I'm starting to formulate a plan as I type. Thanks a bunch.

I hope you're both going along well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly Happy Birthday Sunflower - hope your boys spoilt you today and you enjoy your first birthday as a mummy!

Thanks for the well wishes for today for our test, unfortunately we got a BFN.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PSS I am really sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you over the coming days.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh no Pinkshootingstar so sorry to read that , a bfn at any time is hard to take, but after so much effort, even harder. Thinking of you.
    Blinky congrats on being PUPO
    Miss. Sagi how are you going?
    Sunny thanks for asking after me - has my baseline ultrasound on Mon and everything was present and accounted for. Lining was only about 4mm so AF is ages away I think.
    Have my FS appt next month so hopefully she will turn up by then otherwise we might need to talk tactics on what to do if she's not showing up... We'll see.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default From Cape Town

PinkSS sorry to hear your news

I had my appointment with Dr M today and she is lovely. Dr said that my donor was a very good match which I am very pleased with. She has 10 follicals and egg pick up is scheduled for Friday as expected. I am going to have 1 gestone injection from the nurse & have 2 crinone daily for the rest of the time, this was my suggestion as I am not keen on doing intramuscular injections myself. My lining is 9.3mm which dr was happy with so fx for pick up Friday.
    Devaki I will be at the clinic at 12pm Friday if you wanted to meet up. Otherwise I don't have any concrete plans until Saturday when I am going on a wine tour. Good luck everyone

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkSS .... I'm sooooo so sorry to hear that. I know there's not much any of us can say to help you through this disappointing news, but know that we are thinking of you and sending you strength.

Take care of yourself,
    Kay

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I am so sorry to read that news PinkSS. It is so heartbreaking. Big hugs.

Hi to the ladies in lovely CapeTown. Fingers crossed for you all.

I have about 10 days to go till I'm over there. Looking forward to it.

That is also the flight times that I get too, arriving around 8ish. Our first trip we hired a car, on my second trip I got a car transfer to my hotel. This time I think I'll get an Uber.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (15-02-2015),pinkshootingstar  (15-02-2015)