Closed Thread
Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1115
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on being PUPO Miss Sagi!
    Wishing you safe travels while in Jo-berg.. And your onward journey home. Sending sticky vibes for those embies to snuggle in nicely x

Faith - hoping your fertilisation report makes for a happy day today 😊

Annabelle and Devaki : welcome to Cape Town! The weather is a superb welcome for you...

For those just arriving or for those heading here soon , just be aware there has been some issues with electricity supply in Cape Town due to the mismanagement of the electricity company. As a result all areas are experiencing 'load shedding' twice daily for 2 hours each time... When this happens restaurants, shops and services are limited. They seem to rotate it through various areas at different times. (No one seems to know what areas will shut down at what time)

Larger places like hotels and the V&A don't seem to be too badly affected as they are relying on generators to kick in...
    There has also been bus strikes this week as well which has made the roads a little hectic..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi - Congrats on being PUPO...those little ones better be snuggling in for their mumma.

Emski - Good luck for Monday.

MrsErinR - Forgive me, I have just noticed that you are due in February...what date hun?

Blinky - It's great feeling laid back, isn't it? I felt exactly the same and guilty too. The cycle was so much easier to go through. It sounds like you have some decisions to make...will you be transferring 2 (would it be feasible to transfer one from DH and one from the donor?).

PinkSS - Happy travels....when is your test?

Patsy - I made it to 16 weeks before divulging at work. I couldn't go any longer...everything was so tight on me. I kind of felt that something would go wrong as soon as I started telling people...silly superstitions.

KMP - Fab news on your little embryo. It's a very special time hearing the heartbeat for the first time.

Faith - How did fertilisation go?

Thembs - Congrats on the birth of Luthando and Nandi...you must be over the moon.

Devaki - Your poor little boy. I hope he is better now. Enjoy those wines. Straight after my transfer, Dr W said "do you drink wine" and I said "yes, red is my preference", Dr W said "even better....go have a nice lunch and a glass of red wine. The same for dinner and then nothing for the next 9 months"!

Annabelle - How is/was Victoria Falls?

Crabby - How you going?

AFM
    Blood test results are back and my GP says all is good. We added in some hormone testing, due to AF being late....my cycle returned to normal in August and have been showing up on time, but this one is quite late. Have started spotting, so hopefully she is on her way. My ultrasound is also done and dusted. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday afternoon to discuss all the results in further detail and also get my prescription for the OCP. I contacted Cyndi and we thought it best to get on the OCP sooner rather than later if my cycles are going to start to muck up.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 07-02-2015 at 21:12.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (08-02-2015),emski72  (07-02-2015),faith15  (08-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thembs I'm sorry I forgot to congratulate you on the birth of your beautiful babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question for the ladies that travelled with a child. DS will be 13 months old when we want to travel over to Cape Town....any travelling with a toddler tips, eg plane, accommodation, food etc etc. Thanks.

My boss has approved the extension to my maternity leave, so we will be pushing to travel in mid to late April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Congratulations on being PUPO Miss Sagi!
    Wishing you safe travels while in Jo-berg.. And your onward journey home. Sending sticky vibes for those embies to snuggle in nicely x

Faith - hoping your fertilisation report makes for a happy day today 😊

Annabelle and Devaki : welcome to Cape Town! The weather is a superb welcome for you...

For those just arriving or for those heading here soon , just be aware there has been some issues with electricity supply in Cape Town due to the mismanagement of the electricity company. As a result all areas are experiencing 'load shedding' twice daily for 2 hours each time... When this happens restaurants, shops and services are limited. They seem to rotate it through various areas at different times. (No one seems to know what areas will shut down at what time)

Larger places like hotels and the V&A don't seem to be too badly affected as they are relying on generators to kick in...
    There has also been bus strikes this week as well which has made the roads a little hectic..
    Blinky, in our bnbair apartment was a schedule of which areas at what time go into black out mode. Its only 2.5hrs a day but if you girls want to know the times better google as I dare say its on the somewhere. It came in handy knowing the time of day like the other morning it was going off at 10am so I made sure I'd blow dried my hair before then and yesterday it was 6pm-8.30pm so we knew to leave the apartment before it got dark.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello from Victoria Falls

Hi everyone

MissSagi great news that you are PUPO

KMP good to hear your scan went well.

Devaki I am not in Cape Town until the evening of 10th Feb

I am having a fabulous time here at Vic Falls. There is so much to do. I got drenched while sight seeing the falls but it's a great view and I saw some wildlife on the walk as well including a chameleon, monkeys & some sort of antelope. There is lots of wildlife at the hotel as well. They feed the vultures at 1pm for a lunchtime show. An elephant strolled up to the waterhole that the hotel looks onto while I was having lunch and there is a family of warthogs on the front lawn of the hotel.

I am going on a sunset cruise on Zambezi river later today so I should see hippos & crocodiles and I have a full day trip to Chobe national park tomorrow. I just have to remember to keep taking my little blue pills.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (08-02-2015),KLM0511  (08-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devaki and Annabelle – Welcome to Cape Town. Hope you enjoy your stay and leave with baby on board.

Blinky – Congrats on that fantastic fertilisation report. You certainly do have some serious decisions to make, but the good thing is you have great options to choose from. All the best.

Miss Sagi – Congrats on being PUPU . Hope your one left over makes it to freeze. Wishing you a relaxed 2WW and a safe journey.

Sunny – Must be exciting to get the ball rolling with your next cycle.

AFM – Of our 14 eggs, 1 was immature and 13 were injected. As at today we have 12 that have fertilised. Now we wait for Monday to see how these are doing. Praying our embies keep going strong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annabelle1 sounds like you are having an amazing side trip! Vic falls is on our wish list for another trip..

Faith - congrats on the fertilisation results !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, so much exciting positive stuff happening.

KMP - how wonderful to see that little heart beating :-)

Miss Sagi - I hope you're feeling a bit better now. As everyone always says it only takes 1. Congrats on being PUPO and I will keep everything crossed for you. Hope your TWW flies.

PSS & Faith - I completely understand you worrying about your cold impacting implantation. I never get sick, it's so rare - but of course when we went on Safari then to Jo'Burg I got a cold. I googled like a woman possessed and everyone says it really doesn't.

Blinky - what great results. Choices to make for sure - but the main thing is you DO have choices. Thats fantastic.

Annabelle1 - VIC Falls sounds awesome. Did you have to worry about Malaria? That is why we've avoided it. I didn't want to risk malaria and of course taking the meds is a bit of a no no given our activities.

Faith - sounds like things are going along well for you. Keeping fingers crossed for you too.

AFM... well this is the week we will work out our dates and start booking so I'm keen as there's only about 6 weeks to go. Believer or not, I've got a little fertility bracelet firmly on my wrist - rose quartz, moonstone and a bit of unakite for good measure 😉

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (08-02-2015),faith15  (08-02-2015),KMP  (08-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (08-02-2015),Sunflower11  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, great results so far....grow little embies 😊

Hoping4best,
    Good luck locking everything in this week, the time will fly.
    I bought a "new beginnings" pendant in Cape Town and was going to wear it for transfer, but I forgot about it until just before we were going to leave and by that time it was too late as everything was packed and I couldnt remember where I packed it. Doh
    Devaki, good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (08-02-2015),Hoping4best  (08-02-2015),KMP  (08-02-2015)