Results 991 to 1,000 of 1115
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KMP, your scan will be beautiful....I can feel it on my bones! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    God damn, i've written 2 big posts, last night and today and they've both disappeared! I give up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KMP  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pasadena

I live in Europe so Greece (or Czech or Ukraine or Spain) would have been much easier for me. However the biggest difference is the approach to identifying a donor, and I am much more comfortable with the SA approach. In Europe, you don't get much information on your donor, and certainly no pictures. In Europe I would be told that my donor has blue eyes like me and is approximately my height and weight, however I can imagine a whole range of people who fit that description but who I would not want to be my donor!! So the SA approach provides MUCH more insight into the donor which makes me more comfortable.

In addition, in SA the donor selection is managed and paid for by an entirely separate organization. This means that is their only job and they get paid to ensure that you are happy with your choice of donor. In Europe the choice of donor is done by the clinic, and if you take a capitalist view that all businesses want to make money, then the goal of a clinic is to get you pregnant no matter who the donor is. If you take the capitalist view in SA and assume the donor agencies want to make money, they do that by satisfying your requirements on what donor you want. I believe the separation between donor agency and clinic makes all the difference.

So for me this was the single factor that caused me to accept the greater expense and greater travel required to go to SA.

Having said that, most people in Europe stay within Europe and are perfectly delighted with their process and outcome - so it's a personal choice.

Good luck with your decision,
    Kay

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

pasadina72  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY Blinky!

Double YAY thembs.....

MAybe Blinky is YAY X 20?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 8 eggs fertilize and 6 ate doing well. Have to say I'm disappointed with the fert rate out of 13. Now I'll start to stress 😐

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pasadena
    Not an expert like the others on here! Just at beginning of this.
    1. Drs all the ones at Cape Town fertility have been recommended when you go through the thread. My queries were answered by dr w so going with him - I like that people have said he has a dry sense of humour! I am medical as well and looked at Greece - am concerned about the economy(!) and how that effects quality etc not based on any facts though!
    2. Register with all agencies and start looking at donors. Mine is through EDSA just because there was one donor who jumped out at me.
    3. I am taking my 4 year old son -believe is safe and let's face it not going to be out late or partying so the usual laws of travel apply - no strange places, no flashing your cash around etc
    4. Would say a little more when is three of you - not sure of your cost of flights from Europe - but 3 of them adds up - also while you can make accommodation really cheap - again when three of you need a little more to keep a boy entertained. But looks like for us will come in at $17-18k

I know it's hard but start picking through all the old threads - cut and paste what interests you - it will take a few long nights! Not only do you get some great information but you also see what a great support network this.

All the best
    C

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

pasadina72  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi
    Quality not quantity
    When is day 5 for you?
    C

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Crabby, Saturday

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Crabby Miss Sagi, quality not quantity. Fingers crossed for you those 6 keep going strong and the 2 pick up the pace ... Early days.
    xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quality is far more important. I had 7 eggs fertilize and 3 frozen embryos. I really didn't want any more than that. Too many can be an issue with quality too. I was lucky with young eggs and sperm so I was confident. Chin up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (06-02-2015)