Closed Thread
Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Williteverhappen - thinking of you today Hun. Just only realised an email reply I thought I had sent to you on Fri didn't go through. My iPhone crashed last week and I have been having trouble with the replacement and iOS 8!!! Hope you had fun on safari.

We may have another couple joining us for dinner. Xx

Patsy - hope all is going well for you and that as Konza posted you are bombarding yourselves with all that CT has to offer.

Konza - just loved your post 😊. If you do come out to dinner, you might want to have a word with my DH!!!

Hoping for - that's a bummer re you not feeling well. I hope you recover ASAP. All the very best for your appointment this arvo.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-11-2014),Patsy73  (10-11-2014),williteverhappen  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Handbags are at Greenmarket Square in the city. Lots to choose from.
    Em xx,

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-11-2014),williteverhappen  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all from CT.
    Well I have a knot in my stomach ahead of finding out how our four eggs have fared...will call this morning if I don't hear anything ahead of transfer this afternoon.
    One question re the PIO (and I'm probably getting ahead of myself here but wanted to ask when I go in today..)..Cyndi said the 35 ampoules were all that we needed yet the schedule says you need to take it to week 6 if you get a bfp and then alternate but that would mean we'd need more than 35 wouldn't it?

Hope for all: welcome to CT! Hope all goes well. We loved being in Claremont and would have stayed in our cottage there for longer had it not been booked (we're now in Mouille Point)
    Williteverhappen: Great to meet for a coffee yesterday.

Thanks to everyone else for kind words of advice and support. Wish us luck today.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-11-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy thinking of you and really hoping you've had some good news so you can hopefully relax just a little.
    Also hoping you have good news today Hope for All.
    I'm cant quite keep up with who is over there at the moment there seems so many of you.

AFM - well had to go to my GP today to get a new referral so I can go back to my FS to talk about MFI and NK cells tomorrow. When I explained what was happening her eyes nearly popped out of her head and I know I'm a bit sensitive at present but I felt a little bit judged. I definitely got the feeling she thought we should accept the situation for what it is and not be going to this degree and then she suggested adoption - ah well what do you do. Those reactions are why I don't talk too freely about it to people and why I'm great full for this forum.

Take care and all the best to those of you in Cape Town..

Sent from my iPad using T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeforall - welcome to CT! I've emailed you our local number. Hope you're feeling better soon and good luck for your first appt.

Emski - thanks for the tip re handbags, will check them out later this afternoon. Hope your keeping well and enjoying your last few weeks of pregnancy :-)

MrsErinR - I'm so glad you're home and on the mend and hope your final couple of weeks of bed rest go by quickly as I imagine you are going stir crazy by now!

Hopeforthebest - sorry to hear about your experience at the GP clinic. I too keep talk of all this to an absolute minimum to avoid judgment, nosey questions and downright unhelpful advice! Take comfort that us on the thread understand and ignore those who probably mean well but are just in ignorant fertile bliss. Big hugs.

Laned - thanks for your email I'll reply properly later tonight.

Patsy - good luck for today, sending lots of positive vibes your way and will check in via SMS with you later tonight.

Go team November!! Xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (10-11-2014),laned  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To all the girls (&guys) in Cape Town - hoping you are all enjoying everything that beautiful city has to offer

Hoping4best - I worried I would get that same response from my GP but was pleasantly surprised. He was very inquisitive about the process but very supportive. Further discussion showed he had another patient doing the same thing but in Durban. I would try to put it to one side and save your energy. We have some family members we haven't told (in detail) for much the same reason.

AFM - today has been a weird day for me. For some inexplicable reason I have felt very anxious. I can't pin point why or even what is making me feel this way... Im guessing I will have to come up with some good de-stress activities leading up to January ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy, by my calcs you will require more than the 35. I have absolutely everything crossed for you. Sending positive vibes your way Hun.

Hoping4best - I am sorry you have had to face the ignorance of you GP. WOW, I don't know about the rest of you, but we did consider adoption. We soon came to the harsh reality that we were too old, too fat and too mad!!! Whilst I fully understand and respect the need for stringent measures and policy to protect the paramount interests of the child, the reality is the red tape associated with adoption and the costs of up to $80k is crippling for many couples.

I know it is harder for some, but we made the decision early on to not give a sh!t what others thought about our ED journey. Those who know us, know our infertility battle. Now that we have been blessed with William it only galvanises our previous approach. Furthermore, we had originally felt that a couple of our neighbours thought it was a bit wierd (and that's fine each to their own), but since William has come along, they have been fantastic.

You now need someone very supportive Hun, time to change GPs me thinks. Xxx

MrsErin - oh Hun, you must be going stir crazy. Two lots of 2 weeks was nearly enough to drive me bonkers!!! Keep you eye on the beautiful prize Hun. Take good care. Xxx

Williteverhappen - looking forward to meeting. The other couple who may be joining us are from Brisvegas and are flying out on Sunday.

Blinky - Oh Hun, it's perfectly normal for you to be feeling this way. I am sure reading along and your pending journey is revisiting many aspects of your previous trip. Keep in mind this is a whole new round for you. You are well positioned with the infamous Wazza. Hope tomorrow brings your fighting spirit back. Xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (11-11-2014),Hoping4best  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Williteverhappen - we went completely OTT with our shopping. We had to buy another suitcase to bring most of the smaller wood carvings + gifts home! We sent our 2 metre wooden giraffe and 1 metre wooden Big 5 statue home separately via DHL. We just couldn't carry them and were a bit worried about customs in Sydney. We just declared the smaller wooden stuff we had and it was fine. I can remember feeling so nervous with a bag full of drugs and syringes and another bag full of wooden stuff but we got straight through customs no probs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - Anxiety must be in the air in Brisvegas. I had a bit of a melt down at Wazza's this morning. I started to think, "Should I be doing this? What am I doing this for? We already are truly blessed with a gorgeous little boy. Why can't I feel complete with my already beautiful family?"

Bless Warren he then gave me a fact sheet on secondary infertility and noted the drive for a second was completely normal.

Hope you are feeling better today. Xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (11-11-2014),Tittle  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all from CT. Can't believe we've been here for over a week (which makes me feel sad because I don't want this amazing holiday to end!)

Hope4All: Hope your first appointment went well yesterday. You, me and Williteverhappen were all at CFC yesterday...so near but so far!

Laned: Your feelings about going for a second are completely normal. I felt very guilty that I was struggling with secondary infertility and couldn't just be happy with our beautiful son (who took a number of years to have) but the desire for another, kind of overwhelmed me.

Luca: Your two metre giraffe story still makes me smile. Which reminds me, I must do some shopping...

AFM: I went along to CFC yesterday for our three day transfer expecting the worst (as I hadn't heard anything since Saturday). Was actually under the blanket on the transfer table when Dr W comes in to say we've got four good-looking embies and he recommends transferring on day 5! Nearly fell off the bed in shock. So good news, fingers crossed they continue to do their thing.

Right, I'd better go (enough about me). We're off on the red bus tour today and my son is hopping around the apartment in excitement.

Best wishes to all at whatever stage you're at. Thinking of MrsErinR today, hope that bed rest isn't driving you crazy!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-11-2014),Sunflower11  (13-11-2014),williteverhappen  (11-11-2014)