+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Now that the rush of funeral arrangements is over everything is just...hanging, stopped. DP was FIFO, and it somehow feels like I'm still just waiting for him to come home. I'm still trying to follow a semi normal routine for my DS, and I keep being smacked in the face with how surreal it all is. We lie in bed at night, like normal, but I look up from my iPad and no matter how normal the situation feels I'm still joining a site for young widows...bam, smack in the face. Getting DS ready in the morning and I put clothes on him DP has never seen him wear...bam, smack in the face. Feeding the animals at the end of the day,can't afford to keep the horses and cows, which ones do we sell...bam. So many times I'd normally take a photo so DP could be involved while he's away. When I get in the car with DS and start crying as I drive, and there's DS looking at me and I feel bad for worrying him so I start trying to sing songs but I'm still crying and I wonder how long I can do that before I screw him up somehow. And I know that in my head I'm still circling around the idea of him being really, truly, gone and what I'm doing now is just poking at the gaping hole in our lives to try to come to grips with how huge it really is. I have people all around me, but I've never felt so alone, and I get angry but try to hide it because they're there for us, to help us. All I keep thinking is I just don't want to.

Some good things have happened too. Two friends have had babies. Relatives I haven't seen since I was a kid came up for the funeral. Almost complete strangers have given us money to help us out. The mining crew gave DS a model bogger, which has become one of his favourite toys, and they wrote a letter for him to tell him what his dad was to them. I haven't been able to open that yet. I got to meet and thank some of the people who worked on DP and kept him going so he could get to Alice and we could say goodbye. DS has been surrounded by people who love him, helping to keep him secure and happy. A huge number of people have offered to help finish building the house, even an offer to get the roof on and put the cost on his business books until I'm in a position to pay. So many positives, I need to spend more time looking at them or I'll get bogged down in the bad and stop moving.

The best is that I sat with the girls and dp's ex, and we're all committed to staying very involved in each others lives. The dsd1 has already moved into her own place, but dsd2 wants to keep coming over on her regular routine. So relieved, DS adores his big sissies and they adore him. It will be good for all of us.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-11-2014),Chillies  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I am so so sorry for your loss! I cried all through your post.

It's great you have identified the positives, but don't fear or cover up the hurt you are feeling, use the positives to pull you our of the negative thoughts, but don't stop yourself from feeling the pain.

Our Family is now complete.
    Welcome DS The 'Easy One' 28.09.2014.
    Feisty and Independent DD 02.03.2012
    DH 36
    L'il ol Me 31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry for your loss. Your are an amazing Mum, Partner and Step Mum. You are so gracious in your approach to such a difficult life changing time. My heart goes out to you and my positive energy too. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huge hugs. I have been thinking of you xx Just put one foot in front on the other xx

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling. Your motivation to find the positives is amazing and meeting with the DSDs to move forward a credit.
    Wishing you well for your future xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so very sorry your going through this. It just doesn't seem fair. It sounds like your a great family- one your DP can be really proud of. I don't know what else to say.....big hugs forever and a day. xoxoxo

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    it may not seem like it at times. but you are doing very well. keep holding on to the positives. and keep moving forward. allow your children to see your tears, that is just part of the journey, let them see that you need to cry and to be sad, but you can also manage to get through the day. much love , marie

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

I have been thinking about you as well.

I dont really have the words ... just

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thinking of you OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Very happy to hear about his girls and the ex wanting to be amicable and keep good relationship going. Must take some of the stress off.