+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @miracle4me and @TeamCarts my scan is the 10th!! Starting to get very anxious.
    @hawknest my clinic (Monash) offers 3 BTs a week apart so I take it! Something to keep me ticking along. I hate not knowing what's going on. Seems like every clinic is different tho

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

hawknest  (03-11-2014),TeamCarts  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amiracle4me you are completely right, it's hard to write what you mean sometimes! If I say something crazy though I wouldn't be surprised! I'm not kidding that I have mush for brains these days. I thought I'd get organised and wash all the size 00 clothes since dd is probably a couple of weeks away from fitting into them and I did a whole load without putting any washing powder in the machine. I didn't realise til I did the second load and got the powder out. It was a bit embarrassing telling DH but I think he has come to expect things like this now, he just shakes his head at me!

@KayzB I didn't have any definite early symptoms. I remember being dead tired at 7wks (apparently this is when the baby's brain grows so I think I was feeling my body work overtime) and had insatiable hunger around then but still went to the 8wk scan in an anxious state! When we were in the waiting room, I remember telling DH that I wouldn't be surprised if there was no heartbeat, I just couldn't believe that I could be lucky! I'm sure you'll be fine too but completely normal to feel the way you do!

@akakura I'm feeling like I have a lot more time these days. We've gotten ourselves into a nice little routine where bub will nap for 3-4hrs in the middle of the day so it gives me time to myself to relax a bit, she sure loves her sleep!

@hawknest yes it seems like each clinic does things a little differently- some seem to be happy with one strong beta, whereas others like to watch the numbers rise!
    Last edited by Annerley; 02-11-2014 at 20:28.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hawknest  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you @Annerly. I like your thinking, and especially the support. Congrats to you on a healthy pregnancy.
    Im beginning to think about my BT now that it's getting close.... This is the part I don't like.
    @kazyB - I wasn't going to POAS this time as I feel I already the result... In saying that, I always give in and do it. I don't think I will this time though, I feel like its a negative anyway so no point wasting the stick. Did you POAS? Did you have any signs at all? How you feeling now? We just didn't have very good results at egg pick up and only one good, which they put back but just feel if the rest didn't make it, why will this one?! Bad attitude I know. I just block it out of my head as it makes it easier for the 2ww.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RoosterD For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @TeamCarts @apolly @KayzB .. You gals just spoke my mind. I feel the same which you folks have mentioned. The pregnant feeling is yet to sink in as still there are no big symptoms. Waiting for the next BT this week. It's going awfully slow. I wish time would just fly.

My 1st beta Hcg 14dpt 3dt was actually 593. I dont think its too high but I was freaking myself out if they were high enough to be twins. We specifically transferred one embryo since we wanted one baby. I think I just need a new reason to freak myself out everyday
    Last edited by brightsunshine; 03-11-2014 at 01:56.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brightsunshine For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RoosterD completely understand hun. A lot of people POAS as sometimes it's better the devil you know. For me though, seeing one single line would depress me even more, so I didn't POAS. I started spotting a couple days before my BT & started freaking out that AF was around the corner. So results were a nice surprise.
    I'm really hoping that in a couple days time, you'll receive a nice surprise too 😊 xx

@apolly best of luck for repeat bloods today hun! xx

@brightsunshine unless its split, sounds like you have one strong emby there hun 😊 When is your BT this week? xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

brightsunshine  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RoosterD thanks, I hope you have a healthy pregnancy too!

@brightsunshine I know you can't compare levels between two different ladies but I don't THINK you need to be worried, that level looks fairly normal. When I went to me 8wk scan, the FS said "now I'll just check if there's a second one in there", I said how there should only be one but knew there was the possibility of it splitting.

I just looked up my betas, if this helps. Obviously I only had a single baby:

9dp5dt 160 (progesterone 67) - 4weeks pregnant
    12dp5dt 950 (progesterone 93) - 4weeks + 3days pregnant
    17dp5dt 9749 (progesterone 109) - 5weeks + 1day pregnant

For those who got their bfp, I can suggest downloading the app called Pregnancy. It's a simple app but that's where I recorded my appointments and the results so I can look back at the number above without forgetting what they were.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

brightsunshine  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ladies I can imagine that after going through this journey, the anxiety would be full-on, even after a positive result. Hang in there – crossing my fingers for smooth and healthy pregnancies ahead.

Afm, I had my appointment with FS this morning to talk about where to from here. We’ve actually decided to do another lap in a couple of weeks to deal with my endometrioma. It’s quite painful, makes EPU difficult and FS suspects the chronic inflammation it causes may be affecting my egg quality. After the surgery, I’ll go on synarel for a couple of months to hopefully quieten the endo down before starting another ICSI cycle in the new year. I’m a bit bummed that I can’t try again straight away, but I am hopeful that this approach will get better results. It’s better than repeating the same thing over and over and not getting anywhere in any case.

I will bow out from the thread now, but I’ll keep stalking you all and gunning for lots of BFPs! Good luck to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @MrsChino, best of luck for the new year. Crossing everything for you that your BFP is right around the corner. Good luck with the lap and hope you have a lovely relaxing Christmas and new year. Will be waiting to hear your good news. x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino am in a similar position to you with endo issues not only causing infertility but making IVF difficult and lowering my success. I spoke to my FS about doing another lap surgery or worse, a full laprotomy and the pros and cons and we have decided against it. I was only willing to do it if it would dramitically increase my chances of IVF success and we came to the conclusion it would not and it may actually be more harmful to have another surgery in case it damaged my ovary (I have had 2 laps this year) So we are going straight into shutting down my system with zoladex - similar to syneral and trying IVF next year. Unsure if this will work but have no other choice at this stage. Good luck with your journey, we may be cycling again together early next year.
    Last edited by straycat; 04-11-2014 at 16:51.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino best of luck for your upcoming lap hun, hope it makes a world of difference, in more ways than one. Wishing you only wonderful things, take care of yourself xxx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (03-11-2014)