+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nutrient dense options. I hate going to places where the kids menu is all fried stuff or everything comes with chips. Just smaller versions of what's on the normal menu, perhaps some without strong flavours etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teenz For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree I don't mind my kids eating hot chips and take away once in a while but the point of taking them to a cafe or restaurant is to get something nutritious.
    My kids can be fussy but I know they'll eat a few things on a kids menu, scrambled eggs with toast, spaghetti (I always great carrot and zucchini in it) fillet of chicken with peas and corn. most kids in our family and extended family would eat some sort of protein with a side of peas and corn or a corn cob and mash. Lean Kofta or chevapies (skinless sausage) and it's easy to chew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The feedback in this thread is so consistent - I'm going to start writing to cafes and restaurants that I go to and suggesting that they offer either healthy (but interesting!) options on their kids menu or the option to order a half serve of adult meals for kids.

Suggest everyone here does the same!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I stopped ordering my son stuff off kids menus cause they were mainly deep fried foods. Now he just some food from our plates cause he'd never finish his food and we could never finish our plates either. Plus cheaper

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We order adult food and give some to the kids. However we tend to order something we think the kids will eat such as fish and chips, burger. They don't eat salads except for tomato and cucumber and hardly any veggies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ordered a slider (mini burger) for DS a few nights ago. He loved that it was all his, rather than getting part of our burgers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like lots of the suggestions here especially mini portions of adult meals. I'd also like if the usual options eg nuggets, burgers etc came with veggies/salad as well as chips. I don't mind DD eating that food, but I would like it I'd get entire meal wasn't deep fried brown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    The feedback in this thread is so consistent - I'm going to start writing to cafes and restaurants that I go to and suggesting that they offer either healthy (but interesting!) options on their kids menu or the option to order a half serve of adult meals for kids.

Suggest everyone here does the same!
    Just came back to add, I emailed the restaurant that we ate at on Saturday night and suggested they offer a half-sized serve of all adult meals rather than a kids menu full of deep fried food. They wrote back and said they'll discuss it with their Head Chef and get back to me. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love some egg and dairy free options. My DD has food allergies and can almost never eat anything except hot chips or toast! I would love her to be able to order something more healthy/interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hollypolly View Post
    I would love some egg and dairy free options. My DD has food allergies and can almost never eat anything except hot chips or toast! I would love her to be able to order something more healthy/interesting.
    Same for us. Because most kids menu stuff is pre packaged frozen crap it all has hidden dairy in it., even the crappy chicken nuggets. And kids menus are very rarely ever labeled as DF, GF etc like adult menus are.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app