+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know if this would be popular but I take "peas and cheese" as a snack in a container sometimes when we go out. The cheese is mozzarella and cut into squares and the peas are added frozen. They're thawed out and the right temp by the time they're eaten. Our boy is two. He also likes to squash peas into the gaps in sliced black olives. And sometimes I add slices of apple to make a smiley face on his plate. Makes for fun finger food.
    IMG_4725.jpg

ETA isn't there a thread on here somewhere that shows what kids are eating?
    Last edited by debsch; 02-11-2014 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Definitely a kids size portion of the full adult menu with the same quality.

So many times dd1 or dd2 would prefer the adult menu.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thankyou

Thanks everyone, lots of helpful information here I hope we can put it to good use .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I would just like to see "kid" size versions available from the normal menu - I just don't get why kids need different meals? Oh and have turkey or smoked salmon or egg available for sandwiches as most kids sandwiches only offer Ham as a protein
    Totally agree with this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Non Messy finger foods would be my preference for my 3. I wouldn't choose a pasta covered in sauce for my little ones as they just make too much mess, which I think is why nuggets and chips are so popular, they eat and dip and make less mess than they would with very saucy foods that fall apart. So some healthier versions of non messy finger foods is what I would choose from a kids menu if available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would just like to see "kid" size versions available from the normal menu - I just don't get why kids need different meals? Oh and have turkey or smoked salmon or egg available for sandwiches as most kids sandwiches only offer Ham as a protein
    This. I've only ever been to one restaurant that had no kids menu but offered to to do a mini version of whatever he wanted on the regular menu. We thought it was great, so did DS, he had a mini steak with mash and veg. I never order kids meals normally as they are rubbish nuggets etc and there's rarely a vegetarian option. DS often shares with me plus some extra chips, veg or salad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Jamie Oliver Italian restaurants have an awesome kids menu with activities and colouring in.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/a...a/menu/48/kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mini versions of adult menu. My DD is 14 months but since 9months she's just had bits of whatever we are eating cause it's always much better than what kids menus offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often ask for a half/entree version of a meal at 50% of the price & most places are happy to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This! Why do kids need their own menu? My children eat what ever we are having at home and I prefer the same when we go out.