Closed Thread
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ob didn't call me. Perhaps he was busy. But I got a copy of the result. As expected, 2hr GTT test shows elevated level (9.4, and normal is less than 8). I don't know if it is significant?

Another thing....the urine test suggests that I have UTI?! Elevated white cells. Huh?! I don't feel anything unusual other than frequent loo which is common for pregnancy. I feel strange that I don't seem to be able to empty the bladder completely these days. I still feel the urge of going again right after loo trip.

Speaking of braxton hicks, @Nicky1977, I am not sure if i experienced it. Some time i just felt tight and uncomfortable with my belly. I just thought my belly is expanding and stretching.

Sorry for all about me post.........

Thanks for the sterilizer info. Do you know one has to buy matching brand bottles to go into the these?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Nicky1977 - that's awesome you had a midwife visit, I've never heard of that before birth before. I wouldn't have a clue if I was having Braxton Hicks either, but I have been experiencing a numbing pain in my thigh, so weird. Having a list of what to pack for the hospital is a good idea

@bbhope - I am borderline GD. My OB said 8.5 is the limit and my result was 8. So far I've been testing my blood 3 times daily and watching my diet and my OB is happy so far. I've had 2 UTI's this pregnancy & had to take antibiotics both times. I think I have it again actually so I've been drinking plenty of cranberry juice in the meantime until I see OB again in a week. I'm not sure about your steriliser, but mine is a Philips Avent microwave steriliser and it fits Close to Nature bottles.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase: well, my last random glucose test came back high so i'm not too surprised about the result. It is also run in the family. ah...are you using one of those digital, portable blood glucose test thingy? it sounded like more needles for me? How do you know if you have UTI? I don't have any symptom. That's why i am a bit surprised about the elevated white cell count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I had no idea I was having Braxton Hicks at first until somebody mentioned them at the parenting class a few weeks ago and then I thought about it and realised I must have been having them. It feels like tightenings around the baby, that's the best way I can think of describing it. Generally they aren't painful, mine definitely aren't I know some women can find them painful though, there are no pattern to them either. In terms of the uti some of them show more symptoms, if you had increased urination as the only one that can be a symptom but can also be caused by the pregnancy, I suppose if it was an increase in what you had been having recently that could have been a sign. Generally the most common one is stinging when passing urine or after. In terms of my steriliser as I got it as a package set I have Avent bottles, presume they fit but haven't tried yet but they look like they should be ok.
    @AceOfBase I am in the Midwifery Group Practice model of care, so am assigned to a particular group of midwives to look after me. Have first and second midwife, also a third just in case either of those would have been unavailable for the labour. Mostly visits in hospital but sometimes they do 'on the road' days with home visits and they like to see you once at home before baby is born. My midwife will be there on Tuesday evening when I go in and she will put in the balloon catheter that helps ripen my cervix, she will be back on Wednesday when things really get going, that plan is that she is the one who will deliver the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - yeah, I had a GTT last year before I was pregnant & it came back as me being pre-diabetic, which also wasn't a surprise due to family history with my mum. She gave me one of her electronic/digital needles but I've been using the manual Accucheck Performa. With UTI's I don't really know the symptoms except that I feel a bit itchy down there (sorry, TMI ☺️) so I'm just assuming. Apart from frequent urination, I think having a burning sensation whilst peeing is another symptom.

@Nicky1977 - your midwife support is amazing, I just see my OB, now down to 3-weekly visits. Not long now until Tuesday/Wednesday

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@bbhope - what brand steriliser do you have? I have a Nuk steriliser and use pigeon brand bottles. My bottles wouldn't fit into say an Avent steriliser though. So just depends on the steriliser as to whether a different brand bottle would be compatible/fit.

My GTT level was 9.5 so yep would say you officially have GD 😔 Hope you'll be able to manage it via diet control & won't need insulin.
    And re needles - I actually found the finger prick needle more painful than the actual insulin needle!
    @Nicky1977 - good idea to get the hang of using the capsule! I had planned to practice & be a pro with using our car seats - but the very next day after we had the seats fitted in, my babies decided to arrive! So I still sometimes have to fiddle around with it, but it's not too bad ☺️
    @AceOfBase - lucky you with all those preloved items! And yes, after IVF, every cent counts! Sounds like you have everything you need - now just for bub to arrive to complete things! ☺️

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (28-07-2015),bbhope  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB: oh...official GD. It seems like i get all the difficulties on the fertility side as compared to my sister. To be honest, I was hoping OB would let me do more monitoring early on. It can't be healthy for the bub. Glucose BT at 8w, super high. I was on steroid. I retested at 12 or 20w, random high, fasting OK. I really hope that it is just GD. I read that 1 in 2 will have type 2 later in life with GD?!? I was not even obese. Ya, i am worrying about the finger needles! I thought i was done with it forever............

I haven't bought the sterilizer but thinking to get avent 3 in 1 steam. My friend was planning to give me avent microwave one as a gift but I like steam function better. I didn't want her to spend that much so asked her to buy me avent bottle starter set instead. I heard that bub can be fussy with bottle? This can be difficult then. I was hoping the sterilizer will fit all types. Then, we don't have to worry about what kind of bottle bub likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol @KayzB at your babies not giving you time to practice with the car seats. Glad though that they at least waited for you to get the seats fitted.

Does any of you get annoyed if anyone you don't know touches your belly. I was out and about with my Mum today and my top had unintentionally slipped up this woman walked passed said "oh isn't ur belly cold like that?" and actually tickled it. I don't mind so much people I know touching it but complete strangers are a no no. My pregnant belly is not public property. Maybe I'm just being decidedly grumpy at this late stage

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@Nicky1977: wow. That's extreme. I would be angry as well. Our dept admin ladies have been doing that to mine which is starting to annoy me. And today at lunch, they actually asked if I could come to them when the baby kicks in the future so they can have a touch. What?! I didn't know what to say. I feel kinda strange.

So r u nervous about this week?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope maybe tell them that baby is most active in the evening when you are relaxing at home and in bed and doesn't tend to be so active when your busy or moving about, that is quite true in most cases anyway. Ha ha if you had to walk to them in any case it would probably lull baby off to sleep so they wouldn't be able to feel any kicking. I'm not at all nervous yet surprisingly, maybe that will happen when I'm on my way to the hospital tomorrow evening. I have my TENS machine, stress balls, have been reading Birth Skills about various techniques during birth so hoping that will help me through.