Closed Thread
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your son @apolly, lovely news

Thanks @TeamCarts I am definitely now feeling better about the idea of induction it was just a bit of a shock at first. I'm trying to avoid epidural if possible (although I know women say that and change their mind in the situation), lol if for no other reason but especially with being a nurse I'm not keen on having an indwelling catheter (I know nobody is but when I've had to put them in before I don't like the idea of someone else putting one in me). I'm also thinking that I will be able to watch the monitor screen all day, I don't think that's weird at all its very reassuring to be able to see what they're up to and if they're sleeping ok.
    @KayzB my GD is under control at the moment, so much so that at the moment I have no more appointments with the diabetic educator. I saw her on Monday and my levels have all been in normal range, so she said continue to monitor twice a day and to contact her if any problems. She has given me a form to have another test 6 weeks after baby is born. Yeah I can't believe that I could be meeting the little guy by the end of the week. Ha ha he won't like being scanned again everytime he is prodded and poked he just constantly wriggles. Sorry that your feeling so tired, is it not possible to feed both twins at the same time? Or are they wanting to be fed at slightly different times? I suppose it would be hard to feed them at the same time as well. I have often wondered about that having two to feed. Yeah I can imagine ur looking at them thinking wow I can't believe they're finally here, must be such a lovely feeling.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (16-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-07-2015),TeamCarts  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kayzb.... I have just two more weeks of work (well, 9 days now), so will be finishing up when I'm 35w1d. Actually I'm having the two Wednesdays off for medical appointments, so technically it's just 7 days left of work - pretty scary. I'm finishing up all my outside hobbies in these next two weeks too, so hopefully she doesn't come during this time, as I have two AGMs to attend this week and one presentation next week, then I'll be clear :-)

But we have the car seat fitted now, I've washed all the second hand clothes (my Mum has insisted she wants to hand-wash the clothes, so I'm letting her do this on the new clothes), we've narrowed prams choices down to eight. I've written a kit list for the hospital so really should try to pack my bag in the next week.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@KayzB glad to hear everything is going so well!!
    @MGC Bertie the days will fly by at work! Try to wrap everything up. I left a few open to dos and an kicking myself. Still haven't gotten around to them.

We got our car seat ordered this weekend (safe n sound Meriden); just waiting for it to be back in stock and have it fitted. Today was my third day off work and I think I'm finally winding down... It's all a bit surreal. 21 days until the due date. Sooo not ready.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (16-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow...what did i miss?! Something wrong with my BH app. It didn't notify me any new post from this thread.

@apolly: congrats on the bub.

@TeamCarts: wow..time flies. Bub is 4w now.

@KayzB: glad to hear things are going well now.

@Nicky1977: Good luck for the induction. Hope it won't be a long one. I'll be stalking to hear the announcement.

@MGC Bertie: It sounded like you are getting ready. Good that you will be off work soon. I think I'll have to hang around until 38w if i could keep the bub in for that long. I can't believe my other colleague was actually at work until the due date. Her baby was late so she kept coming in to work.

@lileitak: It sounded like you are getting ready too.

To other ladies, wave. Hope things are going well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ilex  (17-07-2015),KayzB  (16-07-2015),Nicky1977  (16-07-2015),TeamCarts  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I now have an induction date of Tuesday next week. Well go into hospital Tuesday evening, have a balloon catheter overnight to dilate my cervix, then they break my waters in the morning. Picked up a hire TENS machine from the hospital today. Thing is though I'm actually going to someone's leaving do on Sunday evening, so I'm hoping baby doesn't decide to come then lol as I will be 38+4 so anything possible (I have to remind myself that even though I'm booked in for induction he may not wait that long).

Hope everyone is well, and the babies that have arrived so far are well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update, had a chat to Ob today - as a result of declining kidney function she'd like baby delivered sooner rather than later, so - if bub is back down in a good position on Monday she will induce me then, otherwise I'm booked in for a c section 8am Tuesday. Thats not many days away!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Essence07 and @Nicky1977: very soon now. Next week!

I have a question. Did u ladies but steriliser? Steam or microwave?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Essence08 & @Nicky1977 how exciting! Bought/done everything you both need?
    @bbhope Yep I have an electric steam steriliser. Very easy and we definitely put it to good use!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie – congratulations on the birth of your little girl, I hope you are both doing well xxx. Is she home now?

@Nicky1977 – great news about your GD levels, keep up the good work! You get to meet your little Matthew soon, so exciting!!!

@MGC Bertie – Thank you so much for the roll call, you’re the best!!! (PS, I’m from Sydney). Your baby shower #1 sounded lovely, I want of that chocolate caramel slice please! Hope you have a great time at baby shower #2 (or has that already happened?). Not long now until you finish work. I hope your little lady stays inside patiently whilst you finish your work commitments. I’m a bit worried I’ve cut it a little fine with my leave. I’ve only given myself 2 weeks between finishing work and going in for my c-section. I hope my little man can stay put too. Have fun packing your hospital bag, I haven’t even thought about mine yet.

@lileitak – yay for ordering your car seat. We had the Meridien for DS1 and it was awesome. Wish I didn’t give it away now. Enjoy your time off before bub arrives, must feel good to wind down before the big day.

@Essence08 – almost time for you too, hun, exciting

@apolly – big congrats on your little bub, Ethan, wonderful news. Hope he’s doing well

@TeamCarts – your baby girl sounds perfect to me, 5-7 hours sleep at night. I still can’t get my 10 year old DS to sleep like that LOL. Hope she is feeling better from her cough/cold, poor little thing

@KayzB – so happy your little bubs are home. No doubt you are exhausted but sounds like you have a routine happening. Love you sharing how you are in awe of them both. I totally agree, a love like no other.

@akakura – hope all is well with you and Xanthe

@bbhope – hey hun, how did your GTT go? Sorry if you’ve already mentioned this & I’ve missed it.

@Ladydee – how are you going? Loved your 33 week bump. August 3rd is just around the corner, yayyy. Have you filled your nappy bag yet?

Hello to all the other ladies I may have missed.

AFM – I have been super busy washing all the second hand items I have been kindly given, since I only just got rid of EVERYTHING late last year (except for a cot and baby monitor). I’ve been so lucky, I have so many clothes, baby rockers, prams, car seats, bassinet, baby bath and change table. I also have some new things too. It is awesome to received such beautiful pre-loved items, it has saved us so much money as our budget is a bit tight after we spent it all on IVF! But so worth it. Happy weekend ladies xxx

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

ilex  (17-07-2015),KayzB  (20-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-07-2015),Nicky1977  (18-07-2015),TeamCarts  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I have an avent steam steriliser, came in a bottle solutions set at Babies R Us a little while ago on a much reduced offer.
    @KayzB thanks, yeah just about done everything I need although I keep thinking have I missed something, that's natural I guess. I was spending a bit of time yesterday with the capsule so I know how it works for when I have to put baby in it, so a bit more confident with that now.
    @Essence08 good luck for Monday or Tuesday whichever it turns out to be. Not long now and we both get to meet our little ones.
    @AceOfBase I only packed my hospital bag on Tuesday to be honest, I kept meaning to do it and put it off with other things, then I thought oh dear better get it done in case baby comes early. Although there are still a few last minute things to put in like toiletries I will be using until then etc. I wrote a list of what I wanted to put in there first then found it quicker when it actually came to packing it.

Had my midwife come for a home visit this morning. All went well. When she tried to feel baby initially she had to stop cos I was having the Braxton Hicks so my tummy had tightened, I hadn't even felt it so it makes me wonder how often I am having them without realising.