Closed Thread
Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@MGCBertie: I don't envy you. Sorry u have to go through these. I am only 25w and have started experiencing some of the pain you described. I can't imagine what it would be like when I get further along. Muscle pain around the abdomen due to belly is stretching. Hands have been swollen and worst at night when I sleep. All finger joints are hurting too. I am now sleeping semi-recline because bub complains when I sleep left or right. Even so, my arms and hands become numb and swollen. No idea why. I have
    Leg cramp at night. Yes, I certainly feel sorry that u have to go through extra pain like kidney stone. Hugs. I will have GTT next week. I don't think I will pass so just enjoy eating while I can. Ok....still control my sugar intake at this point.
    @nicky77: how comes the fluid level becomes low all the sudden? Is it due to bub growing big? My FS hasn't mentioned anything about growth scan. When do I need that? Bub has been very cheeky. I remember u mentioned about poking and kicking. He is doing something similar to me now. He will kick or punch wherever I put my hand or resting my arm on the belly. A bit like giving me high 5. Lol. Maybe he is just angry I am taking his space. He has been all over the place in the last few days. I guess I am only starting to experience what most ladies experience at early stage of pregnancy (16w or so). Hope everything going well with you. You r almost 38w so is considered a full term.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015),Nicky1977  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... my ob seems to like to tell me just a couple of things at a time, so perhaps yours is like that too. From what I understand, apart from my next ob visits with heartbeat scans at 34 and 35 weeks, is that the next two things for me is at 36 weeks - a swab for strep and another proper scan (I guess that growth scan that was mentioned). Then I understand it's just weekly heartbeat scans to check how the placenta is going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie congrats on the arrival of ur bub! I'm sorry ur preeclampsia got out of control and I hope u and bub are recovering well.
    @KayzB how are the twins going? Are they home yet? Hope all is going well.
    @TeamCarts how is ur girl going?
    @MGC Bertie big hugs for all the sh*tty pregnancy issues u have. The good thing is they will all disappear after birth!!

omg some of ur baby shower guests need to get some perspective!! It's ur shower and ur growing the baby so if anyone deserves all the left overs it's u

And bad luck to receive second hand gear!?! That is ridiculous! So does that mean I can't use any of DS's stuff for DD? Obviously someone needs to tell everyone buying and selling stuff on Gumtree 😉

I haven't/didn't use a breathing sensor for DS and not using one now for DD. a friend had one, not sure which brand but I don't think they a are 100% accurate. She says she'd pick up her DD and the alarm should have gone off but it didn't. Are they expensive? The risk of SIDS is highest from 1-4 months and if bub is sleeping in your room u will b able to check on bub constantly... But if it will give u some peace of mind it might b worth it.

We got a video monitor when DS was about 6 months old and moved into his cot. Once they start moving around lots it is quite hilarious sometimes to see what they do when ur not in the room with them. And it was good to know if we really needed to go in the room or DS was just mucking around (he was a difficult baby to settle). Never heard about radiation issues with video monitors and I think it is bullsh*t like people who don't want a smart meter electricity meter installed. The signal does not need to be very strong to send the video to the monitor in the next room so I doubt it would b like having a phone tower in the room, which is handling multiple phones over longer distances. Just coz the technology is the same or similar doesn't mean it will have impact when u consider scale.
    @Nicky1977 not long to go now for u!! Hope the scan in Monday goes well. Do u want to be induced?

Afm: DD is 2 weeks old! All going well although she has destroyed one of my nipples so pumping has been happening on the right side and feeding on the left is ok. DH has been able to bottle feed the expressed milk and I have about 1litre in the freezer already! My DS has started drinking the expressed milk too and he loves it!! He loves his little sister too, almost too much and wants to touch her (pat her head lol) and hold her hand and tell her it's ok when she cries. Adorable

For those of u who have put on more weight then u like, I put on 17kgs but have already lost 10 without even trying

Hope everyone is well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura I didn't initially want to be induced as I know that can be more painful. However I am now so used to the idea baby coming late next week I'm starting to feel that I would be almost disappointed if it didn't happen. Also as he's a bit bigger than average for his age it may be good if he comes out a couple of weeks early. Sorry to hear your having problems with painful nipples, apparently rubbing a bit of ur breastmilk where it is painful or cracked is meant to help. Aw at ur DS loving ur DD.
    @bbhope low amniotic fluids are usually caused by smaller babies apparently rather than bigger babies. It can happen in GD as well, hence they are keenly monitoring me, it can indicate placental insufficiency. I think I also heard that certain medications may contribute. A growth scan isn't standard, I just had one because I had a scan for the diet and exercise in pregnancy study I am part of for my hospital a few days ago and the problem was picked up then which is when they sent me for the growth scan, but otherwise there were no signs (especially as my GD is well controlled). Another friend had it, was found for her because her baby was breech and when they tried to turn her found it was too hard as a result of low fluid levels. I guess it will depend if you do have GD, if you do it may be worth asking your ob for a growth scan later on for peace of mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @akakura sounds like things are going well for you. How sweet about your DS! Sorry about the injured nipples. I had the same as the damage was basically done in the deliver room from poor attachment. It's heaps better now as DD is 4 weeks old, she is feeding better as she is not so little and we have also had her tongue and lip tie removed by laser! Has made a world of difference. Had the same with DS there was no question to have it done again. I have also been religious with the lansinoh after every feed.

Bub is pretty good, she has been quite colic-y but not too bad. She has already done some sleep throughs but mainly sleeps from 10:30pm-4am which I can't complain about. We stopped waking her at night after 2 weeks and stopped all expressed top ups as her weight gain was good all in all we are traveling pretty well. DS has really only just started to show some affection to her but still gets quite jealous.

In regards to a video monitor that is another thing I could not be without. I still check it when DS has his sleep in the daytime and we have it on noise sensor at night. May be I'm a weirdo but I could watch that little screen all day! I also haven't heard anything bad about them, I don't think they could sell them if they were that bad surely?!

Anyway hope everyone is going well, don't worry about induction @Nicky1977, I have had 2 and they are pretty routine. My only advice is if you want an epi then don't leave it too late to ask for one!

Looking forward to hearing some more updates from all of you x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015),Nicky1977  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. So sorry I've been so so bad at keeping up to date on this thread. I had baby Ethan on 3 July, he was 3.7kg (8pd, 4oz). Had an elective c-sect and that all went well. It's been a busy week, he started off having problems cos he had so much mucus, then he was very spewy, now issues with wind & is a bit colic-y. But hopefully each day will get a bit better.
    Congrats to all the lovely ladies that have had their bubs. @KayzB how are the little twinnies doing?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to apolly For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on your beautiful boy @apolly! Hope all is going well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 bits - we have the Oricom video monitor (not with sensor pads though). I think for me personally the sensor pads would freak me out more, especially with any false alarms etc. But you just have to do/buy what's best for your own piece of mind 😊
    The Oricom is great as it lets you connect multiple cameras - so we have 1 camera each for the twins (they're in separate bassinets), and allows us to view them (i.e alternate between the 2 cameras) from the one/same monitor.
    @apolly Yay! Congrats hunny! How wonderful! Poor lil Ethan, sorry to hear he's had a few issues, but here's hoping it will all resolve itself soon. Hope your Caesar recovery isn't too tough. Have you settled in well at home? xx
    @akakura ouch your poor nipples! Sounds like you have a great supply there though! How adorable your DS already playing big bro & caring for his lil sis
    How's Xanthe's sleeping patterns going?
    @Nicky1977 so you could be meeting your lil man at the end of the week? How exciting! Hope monitoring & scan goes well tomorrow. How's your GD?
    @gingermillie how's your lil girl doing? Is she out of special care yet hun? And your recovery? xx
    @TeamCarts I can't find the post now, but did I read correctly that your precious girl is sleeping about 5 hours through the night?? How awesome if so! My bubba's are waking up 3-4 hourly for feeds. How is she doing otherwise? Is DS smitten by his baby sis? And you hun? - hope you are doing well & not too sleep deprived 😊 xx
    @MGC Bertie when it rains, it pours! Sorry to hear of all your ailments. I hope things ease up for you soon. At how many weeks will you finish up work?
    @bbhope, @Ladydee, @Essence08, @lileitak hope you are all plodding along well ladies! Can't wait for more birth announcements ☺️

AFM: This twin parenting is a tough gig! Some days it's literally just a continuous cycle of feeding one bub after the next, all day & night. No time for anything else. Including no sleep for me 😩 Am feeling & looking very zombie-like!
    They've had a few issues too, so have had a number of trips back & forth to hosp etc.
    But, I am still in such awe of them. Every day I stare at them and can't believe that these little humans that I so longed for, are finally here. It truly is a love like no other ❤️

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ilex  (12-07-2015),Ladydee  (12-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-07-2015),TeamCarts  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB so happy for you that your bubbas have been home even though you've had to go back here and there. Sorry to hear your so exhausted, I couldn't imagine feeding 2 as I already feel like a moo cow during the day and that's just with 1! Hang in there babe, your doing a great job xoxo

Yep, baby girl is sleeping between 5-7 hours at night which is awesome but I'm not counting on it lasting! On the bad nights where she doesn't sleep as well, getting up to DS when he wakes in the morning is hard cos he has so much energy! She is doing well but unfortunately has a viral cough and cold she caught from DS so have had the at home Dr out this AM to make sure her lungs were clear. Just have to let it run its course now, so sad for her though DS is slowly getting used to her, the love isn't quite there yet!

In regards to our breathing monitor we have never had a false alarm. I think all manufacturers are different though. Some only alarm if movement or breathing completely stops. The one we have alarms if babies breathing dips brow a certain breaths per minute. Touch wood I haven't jinxed us for any false alarms now!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (16-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Double post sorry x
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 12-07-2015 at 13:00.