Closed Thread
Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh....envy for those who had baby shower. I so missed my friends back where i used to live. They would have thrown one for me. I only have a few friends locally here and i dont remember any of them has one either. We are all migrant.
    @MGC Bertie: after knowing how few of my friends being so insensible about ivf, i am very careful what i say to them now. Sometime i want to tell some about this being ivf so they dont make comments like "why are you so paranoid about what you eat? I dont believe eating sushi will do any harm." on the other hand, it is none of everyone business and i am extremely cautious about hurting dh feeling.

One of my local friends finally met us and knew about my pregnancy. She asked if we are planning to have second!? DH answered her well. OMG. Thats really rude. I didnt tell her until now because she always asks when we r having baby every single time we meet. I am not sureif it is a culture thing or what. She doesnt seem to realise that this is just plain rude.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-07-2015 at 23:36.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MGC Bertie we use the babysense 2 monitors for both kids (DS is still in his cot) I have found it so reassuring and invaluable. I wouldn't be without it! Cannot recommend it enough x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I know I don't belong on this thread but I've been getting emails whenever anyone posts since I'm a year ahead of you all, I posted my congrats when you all started your pregnancies. I just thought I'd drop by again while I had the chance to say congrats again to those who have welcomed their precious miracles and all the best to those who are about to meet their little ones.
    My little girl has just turned 1 and not to sound cliche but I remember those early days seemed to drag on where all I was doing was feeding and changing nappies and I thought she'd be a baby forever, next thing I blinked and now I have a toddler. You ladies are about to have the time of your lives and have a life that will have so much more meaning now that you are all mothers. Your life will also go significantly faster now as well

As for monitors, we have the angelsense one with 2 sensor pads. I would highly recommend it. My little one slept next to me in a bassinet for almost 6mths and I didn't feel I needed one there as babies tend to be noisy sleepers so I always knew she was breathing. I'll never forget our first night in hospital where DH was shinning light on his phone over here all night wondering why she was so noisy!!
    The first week she was in the cot, I wouldn't have survived without seeing the pendulum on the monitor tick back and forth. Once she became more mobile, we did have some false alarms as we had the two sensors too close together done one end of the cot. Now we've put one at each end and at least one of the, must sense her at some point as we haven't had a false alarm in months. It was a little scary in one way as I was becoming desensitised to the alarm as it went off quite a few times until we fixed the pads so I didn't actually panic or think the worst
    Sometimes I do wish I'd gotten a video monitor. As a first time mum, I wondered why anyone would need to watch their baby sleep but now I realise how many time I wish I'd known if that sound I heard was her waking without having to actually peek in her room. I do have a friend that told me that video monitors aren't safe though but surely that can't be true.

Best wishes again to all of you ladies. I'm planning a FET myself in a few months time
    Last edited by Annerley; 09-07-2015 at 12:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We opted for an audio only monitor. I would have driven myself crazy with a video or something with sensors. But do what feels right for you.

As an aside, we ordered ours from Amazon US and it was still cheaper with the exchange rate. AND we got a much later model that they don't have in Australia yet. They're worth check out. The only thing I had to buy extra was a few plug adapters which you can grab on ebay for cheap.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is video monitor not safe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my friend mentioned the radiation from them but since I'd never used a video monitor, I never really thought too much into it. Since we are on the topic, I just did a quick google search and apparently video monitors use DECT technology and there are concerns over the radiation levels that devices that use DECT technology emits. The angelsense monitor we have doesn't use DECT thankfully. It's a similar radiation that is emitted from mobile phones and cordless home phones and I sleep with one of each next to our bed
    From what I've now read, using a video monitor is apparently similar to if a phone tower was built in your child's room. Since they are so small and their brains and bodies are still developing, the radiation affects them much more than what it affects adults.
    i know my friend ended up not using the video part to her monitor as it gave her greater peace of mind to go without it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting. I think it is unavoidable to expose to any sort of radiation in our daily life. eg: we all have wifi at home. Even if we don't, every neighbour has it. DECT is UHF technology, which i think tv antenna is within this range as well. Sigh....we can only do so much.

is there any baby monitor that isn't using DECT?
    Last edited by bbhope; 09-07-2015 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep you are right, there's only so much you can do. It's one of those things I really try not to overthink until I read about it like I did today but i read a bit and not looking anymore. It's the same as wifi emissions as you said, so even sending your kids to school or going to the library has risks as well but nothing you can do there unless you live in a bubble.
    I'm not sure if there are any video monitors that are DECT free but the angel sense monitors with the sensor pads doesn't use DECT technology and I'm sure there would be others but mainly those with cords that you plug in.
    Last edited by Annerley; 09-07-2015 at 15:36.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies.... thanks for all the info and discussion on the baby monitors. Yes, we're only planning on getting the breathing sensor pads version. We have a very little house so if she wakes up and cries I'll hear her.

I keep saying that I seem to have had things go fairly smoothly in my pregnancy, especially when I compare myself to others, though today I've been a bit in the dumps, as medical issues in the last three weeks are piling up. It started with:
    - my feet and hands swelling
    - then massive ongoing backpain
    - then diagnosed with destational diabetes
    - then five days ago diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (absolutely excruciating at night, getting hardly any sleep, but better in daytime when I'm awake, go figure)
    - and then today, a nice kidney stone that needs operating on, and the urologist would have done it tomorrow (!!) but says it can wait til after the baby is born, so long as I can put up with the pain (and here I was happy that my GP had said the backpain was due to pregnancy and loosening muscles etc).
    Sorry for the "me" post. It sort of feels like I'm just trying to take each day as it comes. I keep saying that it will all be worth it in the end (which I guess is not too far off now). Don't know how I'll manage two final weeks of work, but maybe work and a class of kids looking at me all day, will take my mind off things :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your little girl @gingermillie hope you are both doing well
    @MGC Bertie I have the Oricom breathing monitor, along with the video monitor. Obviously haven't used it yet, however I just thought I would be getting better sleep to have to breathing monitor rather than constantly waking up thinking is baby breathing, so I think it will be worth it for piece of mind. You certainly seem to have a lot going on. Hope that you have been able to control your blood sugar levels. What a time to get a kidney stone hey. Hope your last two weeks at work go quickly then you can rest a bit.

Well I have found out that I may need to be induced at the end of next week. Had a scan for the trial I'm doing on Monday. They found low amniotic fluid levels round the baby, so I got referred for a growth scan which I had done today, still low fluids so they sent me to the assessment centre in the hospital, where one of the midwives who has been looking after me met me and I had some CTG monitoring for about an hour, which was all good. Apparently the fluid levels are only slightly low and they wouldn't normally bother but because I have gestational diabetes it may mean my placenta won't work as effectively. In cases like this they sometimes induce at 38 weeks (which would be next Thursday for me). Have to have a repeat ultrasound and CTG monitoring on Monday to see if the plan is for an induction later in the week. In the meantime baby definitely did not like all the scanning and prodding and poking, he was wriggling about so much felt like he was trying to escape lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015)