Closed Thread
Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all! I had a baby! We welcomed our little girl to the world via an emergency c- section at 11pm Thursday night. My preeclampsia went crazy and I ended up in ICU before and after delivery. I'm out of ICU, struggling a bit but I'm ok. Bubs is in the neonatal unit she has a feeding tube in and getting stronger each day. She was born at 36+4 and weighed 2655 grams (5lb8oz) so she's a little thing and oh so adorable, a total sweetheart. Looking forward to having her out of NNU eventually so we can hang out with her and feel like 'real' parents, it's all a bit surreal at the moment. Very relieved she is here and we're both safe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

akakura  (10-07-2015),cheekyhumour  (07-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gingermillie congratulations! Glad you and bubs are on the mend. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@gingermillie congrats hun!! Sorry to hear the situation surrounding it, but with a beautiful end result, it's all so worth it ☺️
    It's tough having your bub in the special care nursery. But she's a good weight though nursery-wise (generally in SCN they like them to be over 2.5kgs), so hopefully she'll progress to full suck feeds soon, no added complications, and will be back with mama soon ☺️
    Hope your recovery isn't too painful xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations @gingermillie. So glad to hear you are both safe. Look after yourselves x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie big congratulations on the birth of your precious little girl. I'm glad you're both doing well now.

AFM... Baby Shower #1 yesterday was really lovely. I'm so glad that I split it into two, as I really enjoyed getting time to talk to DH's relatives. And, I'm also really glad that DH was there - it was so nice seeing him being involved, playing the games, opening the presents with me, cutting the cake together etc. I'm almost keen to have him come also to the next one, with friends and work mates, though I did say he didn't have to come to that one. So I guess we'll just see.

But I must tell you some of the comments - One or two of his relatives actually commented that DH wasn't supposed to be there, but I just ignored those comments. I also ignored the comments:
    - "you're supposed to serve us the hot food first, before doing the cake" (it's my baby shower, we're having the cake first)
    - "I'm hungry, can I eat some of the food already?" yes, this was from an adult (no, we're playing games first)
    - "don't you know it's bad luck for the baby to accept second hand items?" (well, no, I've never heard that, where do people get these ideas from?)
    - "I want to take your left-over chocolate caramel slice home" by three people (note, two didn't even phrase as a question but as a demand - I relented and gave each two pieces, and then one of them even complained that she wanted more, but I just was firm and said, no, there's not much more and I'm freezing it! I'd actually come across this "take home all the left-overs" problem at previous parties, so I was kind of ready with my plan). Lol.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 06-07-2015 at 12:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick post using mobile and out of town. Will do proper round up when I get home later this week. Stay few days longer after visiting work site.

Congrats @gingermillie! Glad to hear mother and bub are safe. xx
    @MGC Bertie: I don't know where DH relatives heard about the second hand item being bad luck. It is some sort of stupid culture superstitious thing for some countries. I also didn't know about it until I shown off all the stuff I got from the second hand market few weeks back to my mom. That's our first shopping trip that we actually bought something. I was so excited but only gotten this annoying comment. I posted few weeks back about the drama with my parents. Yes, I will avoid calling as much as possible for the rest of the pregnancy. the superstitious stuff is stupid and very negative. It only makes my anxiety worse. I don't need that. The worst part is that they don't respect my decision for not believing and wanting to hear any of it. Feel like they r cursing me when I told them I don't believe in any of these rubbish. Family drama....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... yes, I so agree. I guess I've had all sorts of comments all the way along, from all sorts of people, but all it's taught me is to be extremely careful when talking to people, because they all really don't know what I've been through (and still going through).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie congratulations on your little baby girl. Hope you are both getting stronger every day and you can have her out of NNU soon. Keep us updated.
    @McG Bertie glad you enjoyed the Baby Shower and had hubby there as well, its so nice when they can be a part of celebrations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have / use / plan to use / plan to buy one of those breathing sensors that go under the mattress in the bassinet? Do they work? What do you think? There seems to be two main ones - the Oricom Baby Sense 2 and the Angelcare Digital Sound + Movement. There is also a different type called "Respisense Baby Movement" monitor that clips onto the baby, so is portable and can be used anywhere (e.g. if sleeping in the pram etc).
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 08-07-2015 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back to the civilization with full internet access. :-) just caught up.
    @Essence08: i have decided to cancel the trip. Some day i just felt bad so who knows if the travel week would be the one. Boss is not happy because i promised to go and now he has to do my presentation. I just came back from a road trip along side with a work site visit. Dh went with me and he had been the one driving. It wasnt funny when boss commented that i wasnt sick enough to give up this road trip. To be honest, i would be more than happy to go before third trimester. I know that i wont have any work trip for a long time, just timing issue!

So how did your appt wwnt today?

As for freezing meal, i dont know really. I like to freeze soup, though.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app