Closed Thread
Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible to see your ob again a bit closer to the time of the flight just for final clarification of whether you are ok to fly. I think the Braxton Hicks can actually start earlier than 28 weeks from what I have read, from my experience I have only had them in the last 3 weeks (Im 35+4 today). I guess though depending on the results of your test for GD that may change things, if it's positive your ob might not be quite as happy for you to fly. In terms of walking from the hotel to the venue could you not get a taxi (or is that worse cos it would take longer with traffic)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Wow, I really hope to get that much information for our class.

sorry for changing the subject. I have been feeling anxious in the last two nights. After reading the pregnancy book, my anxiety set in. I just booked the ticket for a business trip after ob didn't seem to concern when I asked about it on my last visit. I will be 28w+ at the time of travel. Flying back at 29w. This is an international trip and the flight is 7hrs+2hrs. Airline will allow me to fly after 28w with certificate. I will just pass the limit. I am worried because the book says the Braxton hick can start as early as 28w. I have no experience on this so the fake contraction will only drive me crazy if that happens during my trip. I am insured by the company so hospital visit etc is covered. However, what's the point of going if I have to constantly worry. I wonder how big I would be and if I will be comfortable at all to walk 15 mins each way from the hotel to the meeting venue in the summer heat everyday. Then, googling around about the airline I will be flying. Bad idea! Read a sad story about a woman gave birth on the flight, emergency landing and the bub didn't make it. Now, I think it is a stupid idea for me to book the ticket and agree to go. The only way to get the $ back for the company is to have the OB saying I am not suit to fly. We don't know just yet (will be doing GD in 2w). So.....all the rumbling. You ladies have gone pass the 28w marker. What is your thought?
    Oh this is a tough one @bbhope. And sounds like something I would have agreed to and then had second thoughts about closer to the time. For me I was still feeling ok at that point but my preeclampsia symptoms started bang on 29 weeks and I started feeling crappy from there. Up to then though I was great, at 26 weeks I painted my bedroom by myself and mostly didn't feel pregnant!
    Re the walking to/from the venue as Nicky says a taxi could be the solution however if you're not having any joint problems then the walking should be fine. I wouldn't worry about braxton hicks in the context of the trip as they are painless just tightenings and as you won't be huge wouldn't be too uncomfortable.
    So to the crunch - if it was me I wouldn't go at 28-29 weeks just due to the length of the flight. It would have killed my back (I have a preexisting back problem) and the swelling would have been unbearable.
    I think if you're worried and it's going to stress you then see if you can get out of it as you don't want to be worked up about it in the lead up to the trip and really anxious and upset.BUT if you're feeling fit and healthy and mobile then maybe it's doable? Tough call good luck and let us know what you decide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @bbhope I'm the other side of the spectrum as my BH started at 24 weeks this last pregnancy and were and have always been very uncomfortable and borderline painful (I was the same with my DS too).
    I'm not saying you will be the same but I know mine were definitely worse when I had over done it and I was physically tired. I did have to call to MW once or twice when I had them constantly for a good hour about 5 mins apart. After resting and drinking lots of water they did subside but started to freak me out when they were consistent for that time. The Dr did put it down to the fact that he thought I had an 'irritable uterus' and that was most likely why they were so uncomfortable. For most people they are painless and often go unnoticed. Not for me unfortunately but I think I was just unlucky. Hope you can work out a plan that your happy with. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

How's all the shopping and nurseries coming along ladies?? Any belly updates to report? How are the new mummies coping....feeding going along ok? 😘😘

Hmmmm @bbhope. You know, you probably would be fine but I don't know, I wouldn't do it personally. This is your first pregnancy isn't it? You won't know how you are going to be feeling by that stage. I went on a 2.5 hour car trip when I was around that stage during my first pregnancy and it was awful and so super uncomfortable! I kept getting my dh to stop so I could get out and stretch, it was just way too long to be sitting there all cramped up. If you're lucky enough to be flying business-class where you can stretch out a bit then it'd be a different story to being a preggy economy-sardine. I tend to grow huge babies though so maybe my opinion is jaded? At 32 weeks my bub is estimated to be over 6 pound already and lots of mummies have full-term bubba's at that weight. By that stage I was getting regular blood-noses with my dd and this time around heartburn is killing me....seriously feels like I'm having a heart attack and lava coming up my throat. I don't remember any braxton hicks during my first pregnancy but I get really intense ones this time that make me stop and breathe through them....they're quite painful actually! Usually from just walking a short distance or over doing it. TMI but .....burping and farting become a lot more regular with a bowling ball-sized bub in your belly too.....how well do you know your flying partner?? 😳

AFM - great news to report, my scan last week showed that my placenta Previa is now a grade 6 which puts me out of the danger zone. I asked my Ob if that meant that they could cut into my previous c-section scar without me bleeding everywhere and he said it would be fine! Big. Fat. Phew!!! I'm growing another huge baby. My dd was 9 pound, 10 ounces (4.37kgs I think?) and this not-so-lil-guy is going to be up there too. Thank goodness with my planned cesarian this time they'll get him out 2 weeks early where as my dd was a full term emergency c-section. So I will be getting first cuddles with a delivery date of August 3rd! Yay!! I decided to splash out on a new nappy-bag too and it arrived in the post last week so I might have some fun starting to fill it up today
    Gosh, I still have to pinch myself sometimes that I'm finally so close to completing my family ☺️
    33week Belly/bub/nappy bag update......
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1435542894.408144.jpg
    Last edited by Ladydee; 29-06-2015 at 12:03.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope so long as the airline allows it, then should be fine. Your OB will probably tell you to wear special socks since the risk of DVT is higher.

I wasn't sure if I should share this, and I please don't kill me for doing so but I feel as tho you should have all info. One of my best friends flew home to see family in the US when she was in the mid 20s. She flew back to Sydney at 27 weeks, and went into labour at 28 weeks on the dot... He son was born prem and spent many weeks in the NICU. He is now a healthy 3 year old, but she mentioned that the doctors think the flight may have triggered her labour. They'll never know, but it was a very hard time for them. Keep in mind she flew NYC to Sydney which is closer to 25 hours; 7 is probably fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.
    @lileitak. Yes, rapid change in air pressure can in principle trigger labour, that's the whole reason now I am thinking it is a bad idea to do it at third trimester. I kept on taking progesterone pessaries when i flew to NYC early this year during my first trimester. That's to prevent contraction. I was also on clexane so no worries on DVT. I am off all these drugs now other than using the aspirin.

The story about a woman went into labour on the flight. I dont' know how late she was on her pregnancy but it must be not late enough to turn away for flying. That's only 2--3 hrs into her flight apparently to make that emergency landing.

This is my first and I don't know what to expect. I am doing fine some day but not some others. Nah....my work place is too cheap to fly me business even premium economy is a no.

Yes, I am sure that if GD test comes back positive, OB won't be happy for me to travel. That's still two weeks away. But at the moment, I think i'll bail. It is so hard to get this baby and i don't want to risk it. I'll tell boss once i sort out the cancelling policy with the travel insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, at 28 weeks I'd have been ok to fly health wise. In fact I was booked for a holiday at 26/27 weeks that was cancelled due to a cyclone but I would have happily travelled at that stage of pregnancy.
    However, for your own peace of mind if its already causing you this much anxiety I'd be inclined to cancel. Your anxiety is likely to increase the closer you get to going and you and the baby don;t need that level of stress.
    Chances are you will be fine, chances are there will be no health problems, chances are aside from a bit of extra discomfort on the plane it wont be an issue. BUT - on the off chance there are any issues, even later into your pregnancy you are always going to wonder if it was the flight and the work trip and if you should have gone and regret staying not staying home. If you don't feel 100% comfortable about taking that trip, then don't. Work will understand, I'm sure your Ob will happily write a letter saying they don't want you to fly which will take care of the travel insurance. Do what you feel is right for you, you 're the one that has to live with your decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee: good to hear that the placenta previa is now grade 6. Aug 3? Wow...fairly soon. Nice nappy bag too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    @bbhope have you made a decision regarding travel for work?

Quick update - ultrasound and Ob appointment yesterday. Bub still tracking at 90th % and looking at being a bit over 4kg. Current weight estimate is around 3.7 but he wasn't in a good position for taking measurements. Was in a good position for birth though, head down, spine running straight up and down, but not yet engaged. Still have the same 3 options - planned c-section, induced or do nothing. At this stage I think we'll just stick it out til baby is ready to come. Have another appointment Wednesday so will see if I change my mind before then. What would you all do?

Got my backside into gear and sorted out a maternity bag for hospital. Hubby came home from work Thursday to say the partner of one of his work mates had a baby boy that morning - she was 35+4, I'm 37 on Monday! Interestingly we ran into him at the hospital on Friday while waiting for our US appointment. @lileitak for what its worth he was really impressed with the staff, the facilities and especially the food, loved the rooms, so we will be in good hands when the time comes.

Since its such a wet miserable Melbourne weekend I'm feeling inspired to do some cooking and freezing of meals before bub comes along. Have a lasagne in the oven but looking for other suggestions - what are your favourite meals to cook and freeze?

Have a great weekend everyone xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (04-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Essence08 good to hear!!!

We had a wellness scan on Friday which was really nice, but the picture they gave us is sooo creepy. I really hope bub comes out cuter, lol.

We measured a bit under at 35w5d. I think bub was in the late 34w and was around 2.5 kilos. I was sure he was bigger (attempt to justify the weight gain) but appears not. He must take after his dad because I was a chunker. Smaller should be easier to push out so that's a bonus.

Hope everyone is well! X

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-07-2015)