Closed Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations @akakura love the name!
    Well no baby for me today - things have stabilized so we are looking at one day next week now. I'll be 36 weeks then so better for her to stay in an extra few days. I'll just be glad to have her out to be honest, this has been a very stressful week and I've been at the hospital every day. I can't relax because I'm worried and constantly at the hospital!
    So lovely to hear baby arrival announcements and I hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thinking of you today @gingermillie and @Rocky27. Can't wait to hear your news x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well no baby for me today - things have stabilized so we are looking at one day next week now. I'll be 36 weeks then so better for her to stay in an extra few days. I'll just be glad to have her out to be honest, this has been a very stressful week and I've been at the hospital every day. I can't relax because I'm worried and constantly at the hospital!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

akakura  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura congratulations so happy we have another little bub. Gorgeous name, hope you're all doing well.
    @gingermillie sorry to hear how stressful your week has been. I hope you get a bit of a break and some down time before your little girl comes along. I can imagine you're getting over it now and just want to have her in your arms. Look after yourself xx
    @AceOfBase thanks for the suggestions re:iron. I had a letter from my Ob today outlining what to do for iron and vitamin d, blah blah, and it also suggests 30 minutes of sunshine per day - its Melbourne, its winter, its cold, its not going to happen

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

akakura  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too cute not to share:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1435387062.814918.jpg

My 2 ivf miracles reunited once again. They are stim cycle 'twins'. One fresh and one frozen for 2.5years. Amazes me every time I think about it.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (27-06-2015),Essence08  (27-06-2015),gingermillie  (27-06-2015),ilex  (27-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-06-2015),Nicky1977  (27-06-2015),Spiritz  (27-06-2015),TeamCarts  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Glad to hear things have stabilised but what a stressful time for you. Such a fine balancing act. I'm sure your Drs are doing their best for u and bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @akakura lovely news.

Glad to hear things have stabilised for you @gingermillie but how stressful it all sounds. Maybe you can relax a bit more when baby finally arrives.

I got a bit stressed and phoned the hospital yesterday as I hadn't put on any weight for two and a half weeks, the literature doesn't say anything about that that I can find. They weren't worried said as long as everything else was ok such as baby movements and fundal measurement no cause for concern. I will see what my fundal measurement is with my midwife on Friday, in the meantime baby is doing his normal movements, always kicks if I rest my arm on my belly like I'm taking his space lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely pic, @akakura!
    @gingermillie: It must be nerve wrecking. Hope everything is under controlled.
    @Nicky1977: I am actually starting to worry as well. Not that I want a super big belly or more weight gain but I really didnt feel like my belly grows at all since 20w. 24w now. At 20w, bub was measured 5 days ahead. At 22w, bub was on time. I stopped clexane at 20w so kinda worried the growth slow down because of the blood isnt thin for baby to get enough nutritions. Oh....ya, bub was also doing something funny in the last couple of nights. I wonder if he was lying side way. When i turned to the left with a bit leaning on the stomach, he would kick and complain. He did the same on the right. Grr....no idea what he wanted me to do. Every now and then I would just ignored it but then thinking i might squash him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call for IVF Babies due July / Aug / Sept 2015:

Babies Arrived

Tilkah (?) - twin girl Anelia and boy Jaegar born 28 May (at 35w 1d)
    KayzB (Melb) - twin
    girl and boy born 3 June (at 34w 6d)
    TeamCarts (Perth) - DS born Sep 2013. Baby girl born 11 June (at 36w 3d)
    Akakura (Melbourne) - baby girl Xanthe born 25 June (at 39w 3d)
    Rocky27 (Qld) - baby girl Hannah born c-section 26 June (at 36w 4d)
    GingerMillie (Adelaide) - baby girl born c-section 2 July (at 36w 4d)
    Apolly (Newcastle) - DS born 2012. Baby #2 baby boy Ethan born c-section 3 July (at 39w 0d)
    Jen182 (Sydney) - baby boy Camden born 14 July (at 39w 6d)
    Essence08 (Melb) - baby boy Hunter born c-section 21/7/15 (at 39w1d)

Due Dates

HawkNest (Brisbane) - EDD 18 July
    MrsSG (Melb) - baby girl EDD 27 July
    Nicky1977 (Adelaide) - baby boy induction 21/7/15 (at 38w?) EDD 30 July
    Lileitak (Melb) - baby boy EDD 3 August
    Funchu (Sydney) - EDD 11 August
    SallyGirl (?) - EDD 16 August
    Ladydee (Gold Coast) - DD born 2012. Baby #2 baby boy EDD 17 August
    Cheekyhumour (?) - EDD 17 August
    Bubs4Kylee (Sydney) - EDD 18 August
    Mushy (Pilbara WA) - EDD 24 August
    Looloo711 (Newcastle) - EDD 26 August

MGC Bertie (Sydney) - baby girl EDD 27 August
    Twinkley (Brisbane) - EDD 29 August
    Teeja (?) - EDD 29 August
    LuckyMe1 (?) - EDD 29 August
    Beananksta (?) - EDD 31 August
    AceofBase (Sydney) - baby boy EDD c-section 2 Sept
    Ladyamalthea (?) - EDD 12 Sept
    Bbhope (Perth) - EDD ? Oct

Need to Confirm Due Dates

JasmineCook85 (Far North Qld)
    RoosterD
    Meikz
    BrightSunshine
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 28-07-2015 at 22:20.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

ilex  (28-06-2015),Nicky1977  (28-06-2015),TeamCarts  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I attended our ante-natal class today, and to be frank, it was a big waste of time (except DH was impressed by the morning and afternoon tea!!) We ended up with a fill-in presenter, who said a number of times that she isn't the one who normally presents these classes. It started late, as she couldn't find the powerpoint. So then she just started talking - no agenda, everything seemed so random, not planned. Half an hour later, morning tea arrived, so she stopped for that, we'd hardly heard anything. During morning tea, I made my DH go and offer to try to find her powerpoint. In the end he found some related word document and she jumped on that, saying she'd use that, but didn't know how to change the pages..... so my DH sat down the front and became her IT assistant and I sat next to DH's empty chair up the back!!

Between then and lunch was OK, she just followed the word document, stopped every 10 minutes or so to retell some irrelevant story (eating KFC, developments in the local area, the new Westfields being planned, something about Obama and the Klu Klux Klan etc etc). The Asian couple next to me got out their iPhones at this point and spent the rest of the day playing on them. After lunch she ditched the word document, and went back to random topics. An hour after lunch she started complaining that afternoon tea hadn't arrived (I was no-where near ready to eat again!). My DH whispered to me that obviously she had run out of things to say. At 2.45pm, she got up to find the said afternoon tea, leaving us all in the room quite dumbfounded. A few minutes later she returned with the cart, and made it clear for everyone to partake. One couple got up and left at that point. We ate afternoon tea, all sat down to recommence, but she just chatted with the couples in the first row. Two more couples got up to leave, then a few minutes another couple. At this point a couple in the first row quizzed her about the class finishing at 4pm, she agreed that that was true and that's when she was being paid to, so DH and I continued sitting there. No, nothing else happened, and eventually at 3.50pm I said to DH, that's it and we left. Serious. I'm so glad that my PHI paid for the class, otherwise I'd be sending in a letter and demanding my money back.

For those who attended an ante-natal class, and it was worthwhile, what were the main points that you discussed or did?