Closed Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence08 View Post
    Hi ladies, had a text from my ob today regarding blood tests I did on Friday.

My iron levels have continued to drop so she wants me to add a supplement in, anyone taking anything for Iron that they can recommend?

Vitamin D has dropped as well so taking two tablets daily not just one.

I'm sure she'll discuss any other problems at my next appointment.
    Hi essence - I was suggested to take ferro-grad C which is a combination iron/vitamin c tablet. The vitamin c helps you absorb the iron apparently. I haven't had constipation issues with it so far!

An update on me - preeclampsia has worsened so looks like baby will be delivered by c-section on Friday this week when I'll be 35+5. Was hoping to get to 38 weeks but at this stage will be better for both of us for her to come out sooner. Was not expecting a June baby! Bit freaked out but it'll all just happen I guess.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Essence08  (24-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww.....I wrote this lovely long reply that's disappeared into the never never.

Anyway, short version instead - thanks for the iron supplement suggestions, have sent hubby off with the list and will see what he brings home after work. Knowing him he will have gotten one of each just to be safe!
    @gingermille - sorry to hear the preeclampsia has progressed and that you're likely to have a c-sect earlier than hoped. Unfortunately its one of those conditions that can have long term issues for YOU so for the sake of your health and bubs its the best course of action. You haven't really got a lot of time to worry about it, before you know it you'll have your little bub in your arms and be starting your journey as a mummy. Aww...exciting stuff.. Will be thinking of you on Friday and look forward to an update when you're able xx

Hope everyone else is tracking along nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Essence08 I've used ferro grad c

5. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Essence08  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um I hit reply a little early there ☺️ yeah I think ferro grad c has vit c in it to help absorption. I've also used Spatone which, tastes like ur drinking rusty water but good cause I didn't get constipated from it.
    @gingermillie sorry to hear that u need a c-sec earlier than u wanted but it is best for both u and bub. I was hoping I would have my bub before u, for both our sakes 😌

My little input for the car seat / pram quests: for DS we rented a safe n sound capsule from the local council, was only about $80-100 to do so. Used it for about 6 months then got the Meridan. I liked the capsule coz u could load bub into it before putting it in the car. Good for when they are sleeping or when u need to run around and get organised and keep bub in the one spot (as long as he was happy). Didn't want to fork out a couple of 100 bucks for just 6 months use tho and couldn't be bothered doing the detailed research required to find the best seat. So i waited until we were ready to move on from the capsule. The Merdian is good but it is very buckety even in fwd facing mode and DS (2.5yo) struggles to climb in and out of it by himself still. My parents bought a cheaper Baby Love seat that got the highest safety rating (don't know model) but it is more chair like and less buckety so I might buy one of those for DS now and use the Meridan for bub after 6months. One of my Mothers group friends is lending me her capsule this time so that is pretty sweet.

DS didn't really like going in the car much early on so we avoided it and did a lot of pram walking to shops, friends etc. being optimistic that I would have another bub we bought the Baby Jogger City Select that converts to a double pram. It has been a great single pram, lots of space underneath to store shopping and other crap and I'm hoping it will go the distance as a double pram... DS was very excited when we put the 2nd seat/bassinet on it
    @KayzB how are the twinnies? Home time soon?
    @TeamCarts how's ur little girl going?

Ok so why am I not writing a birth announcement?!?! 39w and a few days, had ob appt and I am 4-5cm dilated and fully effaced!! I should be in labour.... Had another s&s but can't really stretch me much more, having my waters broken is the next step if I want it...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-06-2015),TeamCarts  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OMG @akakura, I keep checking to see if you have news! Sorry things haven't started yet you must be so frustrated!! Hopefully not too much longer... Our Baby girl is going well, feeding lots and settling in. Juggling 2 under 2 has been hard but hubby has 2 more weeks off so we are slowly getting into our rhythm. Thanks for asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gingermilie: Sorry to hear about the preeclampsia is getting worse. I will be thinking of u on Friday!
    @akakura: ya, still waiting on your birth announcement. Not long now.

I don't know how many of you are recent migrants. If both you and DH aren't Australian citizen but PR, you need to have a visa label on your passport to get the bub Aussie passport before he/she is born. Otherwise, a lot of hassle. Apparently, passport issue office doesn't talk to the immi office and they don't acknowledge the visa grant letter either. Kinda ridiculous. And of course, the label is $150. If the PR visa isn't expensive enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a baby today!!

I decided to have my waters broken to get things moving along. My waters were broken at 8am this morning, I was monitored for 45mins, cheeky bub moved from LOA to ROP during this time and then DH and I went for a walk. Labour started at 10:30 with mild contractions for an hr then they intensified!! I used a tens machine and the gas and bub was born sunny side up (posterior) at 2:15!!! She is 4.2kg, 54cm long. My ob was amazing and along with DH and the midwife they got me thru this intense delivery. What a ride!! Her name is Xanthe (x sounds like z).

She is doing great, already had a few feeds and is asleep in my lap now

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),gingermillie  (25-06-2015),ilex  (25-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (25-06-2015),ScubaGal  (26-06-2015),TeamCarts  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dare anyone on this thread to say they didn't get an instant huge smile with @akakura 's first line of her post! 😉 ha ha

Yaaaayyyy!!!! Congratulations and well done getting her out! Enjoy every moment with her and all of her "firsts" Xxxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura... big congratulations xx Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy this very special time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Thread Crashing........

Just quickly popping by to wish @akakura Congratulation's on the birth of Xanthe (great name too Luv!!)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

akakura  (25-06-2015)