Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seeing as we're doing some product discussions in here I'll let you know what I've bought and why in case that helps anyone!
    I bought the infasecure kompressor caprice 0-4 seat as looks like we'll get a decent length of time in rear-facing and also it appeared to fit taller kids better (we are both tall do expecting a tall child!). It was $250 on sale. Haven't put it in the car yet (tomorrow?!) so no idea how easy will be to work with. We didn't get a capsule as I'm having a c-section so will be too heavy and I also have a really bad back so was never going to work for us.
    Pram-wise we got the baby jogger city mini (4-wheel option) after much deliberation. The winning factors were the amazingly easy fold (literally just pull the centre strap and it's done) and so lightweight at about 8kg. I did not want a pram that required to be dismantled so the fixed seat was a winner
    Pregnancy pillow - I shelled out for the mamaway maternity pillow and have not used it once! Have been fortunate enough to be very comfy in bed so haven't needed it. Will be a lovely feeding pillow though and can also clip it together and be a nice sitting up cushion for bubs. The pillow is really nice and has a lovely cover.
    Preeclampsia update: checkup today and nothing changed - BP still up, protein still in urine but not getting worse so they're happy to have me at home still. 34+6 today and another check up Tuesday. Would like to make 36-37 weeks if possible so fingers crossed things don't go south just yet!
    Hope everyone else is doing well and having a nice weekend so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@gingermillie we have the kompressor caprice too and it's great. Easy to use & doesn't take up a lot of space ☺️
    @bbhope like you we decided not to opt for a capsule; for us personally it wasn't necessary as we wouldn't have much use for it.
    @akakura how's things hun, any progress?
    Last edited by KayzB; 20-06-2015 at 17:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie: really hope the pre-clampsia isn't getting worse. xx

The problem for car seat or any baby stuff shopping in perth is that it isn't an one stop shopping. Each store seems to just sell few preferred brands. It was like that when we were looking for the pram. By the time, we got to the 3rd shop, we were pretty much not looking as hard. I'm just looking online atm and have to figure out which store sells what we are interested in. Grr......

Oh...i think kompress caprice is the upscale of neon with better padding. Do you guys know if safe n sound 0--4 convertible car seat has similar RF height marker as infa secure? I want to keep bub RF as long as possible and we have a small car......safe n sound meridian and platinium are out, too big.
    @MGC Bertie: how did you car seat shopping go?
    Last edited by bbhope; 20-06-2015 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am getting a capsule, but only cos in Adelaide we can hire them from Red Cross for $91, basically a third of what they cost to buy, and given that me and baby will be overseas for some of the first 6 months I wouldn't spend all that money. So I have a little bit more time to look around for car seat from 6 months to 4 years. The RAA safety guy who I spoke to a few weeks ago also said that the most expensive car seats aren't necessarily the best.

Pram wise after much deliberation I have a Valco Snap ultra, light weight, easy to fold, good steering, puncture proof tyres, can face baby both ways and fits into the boot of my small car.

I have a pregnancy pillow but can't really say if it's much use for me as I'm naturally a side sleeper. I tend to place it between my legs for comfort but can't say that I rest my belly on it, so don't know if I particularly needed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also had parenting education class today. Still not yet nervous about the whole birth, pain etc, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol. Hopefully it will help me stay calm during the birth (if its not a c-section of course).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura: how is it going?
    @gingermillie: Look like we have similar taste. LOL. We also want something easy to fold.

We went to look at the car seat today. Checked out the popular safe n sound meridian and compaq, infa secure neon, trident, kompress caprice and kompress II caprice. Maxi cosi is in a big mess about certification so is off the shelf at the moment. I was hoping to look at safe n sound balance as well but no store has it. Surprisingly, the infa secure range has big price differences mainly with different padding. Shell is quite similar (one is just wider or narrower than the other). Anyway, DH likes the simplicity of the kompress caprice with all the protections built in and the padding is much more comfortable than the neon. Just different technology and philosophy than safe n sound. I can't fault meridian with few benefits such as the head rest can be adjusted up and down from the front rather than re-thread from the back like infa secure. The extra padding and fabric can be a bit hot for perth climate. Anyway, both have pros and cons.

The other forum mentioned about the A4 seat with higher height marker later this year. Since there is no set date, we just decided to get kompressor caprice (also on sale at the moment like meridian). It turns out to be the last sale stock for the color we want. Initially, DH just wanted to wait until Sept to get it but i warned him that it can be like the pram, which is now a lot more than on sale last month in perth and who knows when it will back on sale again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, had a text from my ob today regarding blood tests I did on Friday.

My iron levels have continued to drop so she wants me to add a supplement in, anyone taking anything for Iron that they can recommend?

Vitamin D has dropped as well so taking two tablets daily not just one.

I'm sure she'll discuss any other problems at my next appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Essence08 I was taking Spatone liquid iron in both pregnancies as my iron levels did the same. You take 2 sachets in OJ on an empty stomach. I used to take mine first thing. I started to notice a difference in a week. It apparently is absorbed better and doesn't cause constipation like the tablets. The only annoying thing is you can't eat or drink (tea or coffee) for 30mins after taking it. If you don't like OJ then you can take it in water but it does have a slight metallic after taste. x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Essence08  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to read all the discussion on the car seats. After taking my short-list of 23 out on Saturday, DH and I spent two hours in Babies R Us, then another two hours in Baby Kingdom (mind you, a part of those times were also looking at prams). So glad both stores have toilets!!

In the end we bought the Britax Safe N Sound Sict Platinum. We have a big car (Toyota Kluger) so wasn't worried about the size. It has a CREP rating of 3* for both rearward and forward facing, whereas some of the ones we ended up dismissing had only 1* or 2*. It also rated 82% on choice, and received an award from the Australian Mother and Baby Magazine Awards 2014. Two of the things that sold it for us - good support around baby's head and harness straps move up by pulling a lever (whereas some of the other top contenders need the whole seat undone, straps re-threaded, and then the seat re-installed).

For those who haven't bought one yet, our other top contenders in the end were:
    - Britax Safe N Sound - Meridan
    - Maxi Cosi - Hera Isofix - DH liked this one, but it's the one that is having certification problems - Babies R Us were still selling it, but Baby Kingdom had pulled it off the shelf
    - Infa Secure - Kompressor 2
    Probably could have got any of those ones and been entirely happy, but in the end I said we weren't going home without one, and needed to make a decision!! IT's one of those things, like car or house insurance - will probably never need it, but it makes you feel better.

There were others that looked good on paper (or rather, internet googling), such as the Britax Safe N Sound Safe Guard (which had a good CREP star rating), but when we saw them in real life, they were really cheap and cheerful.

Now will start the pram search, so thanks to those who've already weighed into that:-))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

ilex  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Essence08: my OB said fero-tab.
    @MGC Bertie: glad to hear that you got the car seat sorted. Ya, after spending time in the shop, i just felt like we should get it right then rather than coming back another time. We have a small car so size is a problem.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Essence08  (24-06-2015)