Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Hahah. There aren't many small baby stores in WA so it is a blessing and a curse. On the contrary, pram buying is easier for us because certain store only carries limited number of brands so we weren't overwhelm with everything. Besides, due to our limited budget, we crossed out everything above $X price tag. Then, think of what we would like in practical. Small, compact and easy to fold to take on train (not considering second child). Thus, we narrow down just a few. Review is ok but everyone can always say eg. Bugaboo is the best and some say not. I emailed britax about one concern on the review and they admitted the faulty wheel but have since fixed on 2015 model. That means we can't buy used. I have been seeing sale in NSW stores like baby Kingdom and baby village but just a bummer that no sale here in WA. Price match will take into account freight cost.

I think ppl suggest Infa secure probably because of the higher height market. Let me know that u find out. Looking at 0--4 yrs convertible. I want Bub to be rear facing as long as possible. At the moment not setting a budget for car seat. You can't put a price tag on the safety/life of a baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post

I think ppl suggest Infa secure probably because of the higher height market. Let me know that u find out. Looking at 0--4 yrs convertible. I want Bub to be rear facing as long as possible. At the moment not setting a budget for car seat. You can't put a price tag on the safety/life of a baby.
    I agree on this about no budget for car seat. I didn't go with the new platinum or meridian due to the sheer size of them and our car. I went with the compaq as the next most appropriate 0-4yrs for our circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

PinkPopsicle - the only brands on my short-list are Britax Safe N Sound, Safe n Sound (are these two the same, as one has capital N, other lower case n), Maxi Cosi, Baby Love, Safety 1st and Infa Secure. I think the plan now is to take our spreadsheet to the stores that stock these particular ones, have a look, cross out the ones with silly colours etc and hopefully one jumps out. I'm sure my DH is going to enjoy our shopping trip tomorrow!!
    I think they are the same :-) a good friend of mine helped me out choosing seats years ago for DS and I've just stuck with that brand. I did buy an infa secure for DHs car a couple of years ago but it wasn't very good. He said it was **** and I ended up buying a safe n sound

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prams: I love baby jogger prams/strollers and have 2 single prams. I'd buy a double but DD is tall and won't really fit long enough to justify the expense of another pram so I bought a good baby carrier for bub and will pram DD .
    Im due mid September and getting excited. Nesting has really started. DH has said a few times recently this is the last bub (#3) and I agree...but I wonder what we'll end up deciding to do with our last embryo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was given a pregnancy pillow by a friend, and then made the mistake of packing it away when we packed up the house. No idea where it is in our storage unit. Sooo I just used an extra pillow behind my back to keep me from rolling on my back and swap it. I wake up pretty often with dead arm from side sleeping. (hate it!)

I'm open to a good car seat recommendation too. Ideally an infant to 4 or 6 years. We opted not to get a capsule for the car / pram as I heard its very easy to leave them in too long. Coupled with the fact that they last 6 months tops, we opted for the bassinet top for the pram. I've been leaning toward the infa, but could be the fun colours. I'll do some serious shopping when my mum arrives in a couple weeks.
    @akakura - can't believe you're still waiting!! I'd be going nuts.

Im pretty sure I won't go to term. I can feel bub moving down my pelvis so we'll see what the OBs says at my next visit. She also offer a scan (woo!) so I'm stoked to see him again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for replying to my pregnancy pillow question. I actually have a body pillow so will try using that on my back and just use a normal pillow for the front. I'm only 14.5 weeks so I have plenty of time to practise but normally can only sleep on my back.

Ps @MGC Bertie - I love the nickname Betty.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh pps good luck all with the pregnancies. I read this thread from time to time as it gives me information of what to expect and often answered my question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

ilex  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...so everyone is suggesting infa secure neon (~$200) for small car. Someone also mentioned that the most expensive one doesn't mean the best. Hmm....don't know. What do you guys think about neon? It has the highest height marker for rear facing. The meridian sounds pretty good because it can be rear facing until 2.5 yrs. I don't have the subscription with CHOICE so not much info.

Yes, was shopping for capsule last weekend because it was half price but in the end, we are both convinced by the shop lady that we are better off buying a car seat for 0--4 yrs, which we can keep the bub rear facing up to 1 yr. Capsule is 6 months top. And the capsule isn't as flat as the recline on the pram that we are interested in. I'm rather short so probably can't handle the weight of the capsule in a longer term. We won't be driving much in the first 6 months anyway.
    Last edited by bbhope; 19-06-2015 at 22:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a sns compaq for a small car? I went with this one as then the front passenger doesn't sit with their knees around their ears

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has pretty good review. Worth considering. Haha..i am so overwhelm with car seat.