Closed Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry ladies for thread crashing. I just have a quick question. Is pregnancy pillow any good? I have been trying to sleep on my back for the last 8 weeks I think but I kept rolling to my back. I know I'm supposed to sleep on my left side when my tummy gets bigger. Needed opinion on the pregnancy pillow before I buy it. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Sorry ladies for thread crashing. I just have a quick question. Is pregnancy pillow any good? I have been trying to sleep on my back for the last 8 weeks I think but I kept rolling to my back. I know I'm supposed to sleep on my left side when my tummy gets bigger. Needed opinion on the pregnancy pillow before I buy it. Thank you!
    I've had my pregnancy pillow since 22 weeks (now 30) and it's the best thing I've bought for myself! The one I got is the baby studio one from target and it can be used later for feeding or zipped up as a seat for Bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    I'm so happy to see that you're even needing to ask this question Minib 😊 I've been sleeping for a while now with a body-pillow on one side and my peanut breastfeeding pillow on the other. Laying on my side, I squish both pillows right up close to me (front and back) so that even if I try to roll onto my back in my sleep, the pillow stops me from completely lying on my back. I was a belly sleeper so hugging my body pillow with my belly laying a bit on top of the pillow and it in between my knees and feet is the only way I can get some sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I use a body pillow, it is just a really long straight pillow, quite soft and flexible and i put it between my legs (knees) and then under my belly while side sleeping.
    @gingermillie hope ur doing ok and the check up tomorrow goes well and ur pre-e is not getting worse. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Essence08 View Post
    @akakura good luck Another little bub on the way for this way. Hope all goes well xx What was the reason for the stretch and sweep? babies size?
    Had the s&s for a few reason mainly because I am 'over it' and my ob offered it since bub has been engaged (dropped) for 2 weeks now, is in the optimal birth position, has been measuring 2 weeks ahead for awhile now (DS was 4.2kg) and an internal examination found me already 3cm dilated... I am so impatient!!

Felt really weird for the rest of the day after the s&s but things have settled down again except that i have, TMI: started losing my mucus plug...

Having a 'me' day today, painting toenails is hard when ur 9 months pregnant!!

Thanks for all the well wishes girls 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib... All the information says that you should start side-sleeping from 20 weeks, and definitely by 24 weeks be doing it all the time.

I'm 30 weeks now and to be honest I looked into all those different types and shapes of pregnancy pillows, and in the end didn't buy any. Instead, I folded a pillow in half length wise, secured it with elastic bands and put it in a pillow case. From the end it looks like a rainbow - the flat side goes down on the bed, so it doesn't roll. I normally sleep on my back, so I sleep on my left now pregnant and this pillow goes along my back to stop me rolling onto my back. Incidently DH nicknamed her Betty as she sleeps inbetween the two of us!

I then just use a normal pillow between my legs and feet, as I didn't like the sensation of the pillow near or under my tummy. The pillow between the legs stops me rolling onto my tummy. Sometimes, I have the bottom leg straight, the pillow next to the bottom leg and the top leg bent on top of the pillow. These have worked for me, and didn't cost any extra money buying special pillows.

Baby Car Seats - how do you choose one? My DH and I have researched and researched and have narrowed it down to 23!!! 23!!! How am I supposed to choose from that? They really all do the same thing, have the same safety standards etc etc.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 19-06-2015 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I have a belly bean pillow - its basically two small round cushions in the one pillow case. I have one half under my belly the other half at my lower back and it tends to stop me rolling onto my back. Other nights I sticky one half under my belly other half between my knees, and yet other nights one half under my belly and I just cuddle the other half.
    You could certainly achieve the same general idea as MGC Bertie described. I like the Belly Bean because its small and doesn't take up all the room in the bed.
    @akakura thanks for sharing that info. And being 'over it' is as good a reason as any :P I was just curious as bub was measuring in 90th % at last growth scan a month ago so looking into options. Hope you'r little one makes an appearance soon so we can celebrate another baby on here.

AFM - had 34 wk appointment today. All plodding along nicely. hAd another round of blood tests so will be interesting to see what iron levels are at this time. Childbirth class on Sunday but otherwise a quiet weekend.

Hope everyone is travelling well and has a great weekend. xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's bad about sleeping a bit on your belly? Not completely turn over and sleep on it. When I turn to the side, I tend to turn more than 90 deg to make me feel comfy. Bad posture. I have one leg crosses the other side instead of them bend together (I feel uncomfortable In this position). So sleeping a bit on the side belly......

I am still fairly early but have been starting to buy stuff during EOFY sale. Kinda regret didn't get the pram last month as it isn't on sale anymore. Besides, we r due to move house later this yr so try not to wait everything all at once later. For car seat, this is a tough choice. I asked on the product recommendation thread but everyone seems to suggest the same one. But when I look at the CREP rating, it is ok. I only did that after my friend pointed out the CREP. When I asked more, which didn't mean to be patronising, someone seemed to be offended and very defensive about their choice. Oh well. Maybe I will just stick to the IVF forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: btw, CREP is so outdated. I don't know how much I want to trust it. So far, I heard about safe n sound and Infa secure.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope: I personally prefer safe n sound seats. I had the meridian for DS now 6yrs and have the compaq for DD aged 2.5yrs. We have a capsule for bub (safety 1st) and then once bub outgrown capsule will use/buy what we need. I prefer the straps in the safe n sound seats to infa secure seats.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... don't get me started on prams. When my Mum and I went into Baby Kingdom a few weeks back we counted 150 prams on the floor. Yes, 150, in just one baby store!!!! Anyhow, need to get the car seat as a higher priority. I have crossed referenced three major testing agencies - CREP, Choice and Australian Mothers and Baby Magazine 2014, and all of them come up with different favourites - hence why there's 23 on my short-list.

PinkPopsicle - the only brands on my short-list are Britax Safe N Sound, Safe n Sound (are these two the same, as one has capital N, other lower case n), Maxi Cosi, Baby Love, Safety 1st and Infa Secure. I think the plan now is to take our spreadsheet to the stores that stock these particular ones, have a look, cross out the ones with silly colours etc and hopefully one jumps out. I'm sure my DH is going to enjoy our shopping trip tomorrow!!