Closed Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with you ladies. I made a conscious decision not to read too much about and plan for the actual birth. It's far too unpredictable and I don't want to panic. My plan is to go in as blissfully unaware as possible.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2015),Nicky1977  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So blissfully unaware of anything much to do with actually giving birth to this baby. Surely creating it was the hardest part? The birth bit will be easy
    We have our childbirth education class this Sunday so I'm sure my happy delusions will be shattered then.
    I also figure after my next growth scan at Wk 36 when we have a better idea how big this bub will be we can start worrying then. Current possible options are induced at 38 weeks, planned c section or go full term and hope for the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Essence08 us too. I'm not expecting to learn much, but will be good to get a hospital tour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've been MIA ladies. My bubs are still in the special care nursery. Visit them every day but miss them lots regardless. Hopefully will be home soon.

I'm all for the 'ignorance is bliss' approach to birth! We had no idea that we'd be meeting our babies that night. I was just in hosp for observation - then later that evening was told with an hours notice that my babies needed to come out - emergency C booked for an hours time.

So everything happened so fast and we hardly had any time to process or wrap our heads around the fact that I'd be having the babies in an hour. They started prepping me and the room was so crowded with double the amount of doctors, nurses etc (bcoz of twins). Everything was buzzing around us & DH were still in shock that it was all happening.

But in hindsight, having less time to think about things too much & stress & wait ended up being a great thing. If we had found out much earlier in the day about the babies needing to come out, I prob would've panicked the whole day. And turned into a blubbering panicky mess ☺️

This thread is going to get even busier soon with more ladies nearing their due date! How exciting! Can't wait to hear about the next arrival! 😊💖

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ilex  (17-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2015),TeamCarts  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My childbirth and parenting education class is on Saturday (I'm doing an all day class rather than being split into 4 lots of 2 hourly weeknight evening sessions).

@KayzB yep you were definitely saved from the stress of the whole event, it sounds like the babies were out before you even had time to think about it. Hope you can have your babies come home soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the opposite of u girls. I had to know everything about giving birth! Guess it is the scientist in me I did a Calmbirth workshop before I had DS and it was great. It teaches u that while u can't control what happens u can control how u react. And to trust that ur body will do its best. There is the Fear Tension Pain Theory that pretty much sums it up:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1434514598.732323.jpg

I don't think u really need to think too much about birth before u get to the 3rd tri because it is a daunting thing so no point letting it stress u out too early. I think that's why u don't do classes until 3 tri too.

So with my DS birth through calm breathing and a kind of meditation I was fully dilated by the time I got to hospital (completely surprised the midwife as she was going to send me home coz she didn't think after 5hrs since starting labour I would be far enough along to stay!) But DS was posterior and despite pushing for 2.5hrs he did not budge so I ended up with spinal block and forceps delivery. Not ideal but I was able to not freak out and accepted it. I recovered well and I was glad I got as far as I did calmly and not in a lot of pain, which I think the Calmbirth definitely helped with.

Back to now: Just had an ob appt (38w3d) and had a 'stretch and sweep' done. A little ouch but I am already 3cm dilated!! Bub is in the ideal position for birth (yay not posterior). So now I am waiting... Feel a bit crampy and uncomfortable with TMI: a bit of pink tinged cm when I went to toilet last...please come soon bub! 👶🏼💓

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (17-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    I'm the opposite of u girls. I had to know everything about giving birth! Guess it is the scientist in me I did a Calmbirth workshop before I had DS and it was great. It teaches u that while u can't control what happens u can control how u react. And to trust that ur body will do its best. There is the Fear Tension Pain Theory that pretty much sums it up:

Attachment 70855

I don't think u really need to think too much about birth before u get to the 3rd tri because it is a daunting thing so no point letting it stress u out too early. I think that's why u don't do classes until 3 tri too.

So with my DS birth through calm breathing and a kind of meditation I was fully dilated by the time I got to hospital (completely surprised the midwife as she was going to send me home coz she didn't think after 5hrs since starting labour I would be far enough along to stay!) But DS was posterior and despite pushing for 2.5hrs he did not budge so I ended up with spinal block and forceps delivery. Not ideal but I was able to not freak out and accepted it. I recovered well and I was glad I got as far as I did calmly and not in a lot of pain, which I think the Calmbirth definitely helped with.

Back to now: Just had an ob appt (38w3d) and had a 'stretch and sweep' done. A little ouch but I am already 3cm dilated!! Bub is in the ideal position for birth (yay not posterior). So now I am waiting... Feel a bit crampy and uncomfortable with TMI: a bit of pink tinged cm when I went to toilet last...please come soon bub! 👶🏼💓
    Good luck akakura! Our babies in this group are definitely on their way
    And Nicky enjoy your antenatal class! I did a full day one too which was good to do it in one go.

I'm 34+3 now and worsening preeclampsia looks like I will have our baby girl by c-section in the next couple of weeks. Freaking out a bit as I don't quite feel mentally ready but what will be will be! I had a checkup yesterday and have to go again Saturday as it's not looking great so I'll be crazy trying to get things done the next 2 days just in case exciting and scary in equal measure.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

akakura  (19-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura good luck Another little bub on the way for this way. Hope all goes well xx What was the reason for the stretch and sweep? babies size?
    @gingermillie sorry to hear the preeclampsia is causing you problems. On a positive you won't have time to worry about the birth and you get to meet your little girl sooner. I'm sure you'll get yourself organised in time xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

akakura  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck @akakura. Bring on the baby!

Sorry to hear you have to go through this, gingermillie. I know someone who went through this and it is really scary. I am hoping I don't have it. My hands have been pretty swollen (wedding ring off now) and finger joints have been painful as a result of it. Xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

akakura  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura - Good luck!!! I'm sure we'll soon be reading your announcement. xxx

That chart is great. My "mantra" is that women have been birthing babies for hundreds of thousands of years, and it's what our bodies were meant to do. Full stop. But the chart is great - I may download that pic as a reminder to myself.

@gingermillie I'm sorry to hear about the preeclampsia. But agree with Essence, it will be wonderful to meet your bub soon. Honestly, I don't think we're ever ready for it - but you will be amazing. xx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

akakura  (19-06-2015)