Closed Thread
Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TeamCarts.... nothing can be done about BP, can it? It's just one of those things, I think. You're about 35w at the moment, aren't you? Stay calm, and let's hope your results improve over the next few days.

AFM... I have started worrying about being under prepared, so yesterday went and bought two big boxes of nappies (one newborn and one infant girl) as they were 20% off at Woolies. I know people may end up giving me nappies as presents, and that I'll have too many, but strangely I do feel better knowing it's a step in the right direction.

DH did one coat of baby's room tonight, and gosh that pale pink really isn't very pale!! And to think I was going to go for the darker pink!! Slightly worried it's way too pink, and pregnant me will want him to spend another $70 on paint and buy a paler shade!!! Or maybe I just look at it over the next couple of days and get used to it????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I know what u mean about the nausea u feel when bub moves around a lot! Maybe due to having more room in there, being the 2nd pregnancy!? my bub was breech until 25 wks then was transverse at the 28w check up and ob gently pushed her head down, which she has been since then, although was in posterior position and I thought it was because my placenta was anterior but at 36w she dropped and turned anterior. So I think u still have plenty of time and room for bub to get in the best position for birth.

Re heartburn: prop yourself up in bed so ur head and chest are elevated above stomach. Works for me but I have only had mild heartburn

And ah, holy crap!! That is a lot of meds to be on!! Cute bedrooms
    @MGC Bertie paint is always darker on the wall compared to a tiny swatch of paint! I have learnt this the hard way 😄 and once u furnish the room it can take away from the full-on-ness of the colour too so it doesn't seem as pink.
    @bbhope low bp is common in the 2nd trimester. Have u had it checked recently?
    @Tilkah congrats on the arrival of your twinnies!! I have not enjoyed pregnancy either! Can't imagine how much worse it would have been with twins.... But it's over now for u and u can enjoy the bubs on the outside
    @TeamCarts sorry to hear ur bp is high, hope it's just a blip and settles down again, although u are almost considered full term.... What are ur birth plans? Cs or natural, and if bub needs to come early what does that mean?

Here is a bump pic (37w) coz bub room not ready and won't be til after she's born (new kitchen took priority 😁):
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433767113.606993.jpg

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015),TeamCarts  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks girls, will fill you in on what happens over the next few days. Seeing as I will technically be full term in 6 days I will be looking at induction by the end of the week if it's needed.
    I'm confident I can have a natural birth again, would like to avoid a CS if possible. I had my DS at 36+6 due to ruptured membranes. It didn't progress into labour so I was induced about 12 hrs after waters breaking. Had my bubba in my arms 3hrs after they started my drip! So hoping it would be the same way this time.
    Bub is measuring approx 2.9kg as of today so a decent size. Will all be dependent on how bub is once he/she arrives but should be able to avoid special care after delivery. Will have to wait and see.
    We don't have a nursery ready this time (we have the biggest cot on the market and didn't want to move it) . DS is still in where bub will eventually go so here is my bump shot also... ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433769011.604820.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeamCarts hope the high bp was just a blip and that it comes back down.
    @bbhope sounds like either a low blood sugar level or a low blood pressure. You could be dehydrated which can also make your blood pressure lower, so having a good drink of water is one of the best ways to help with a low blood pressure (also if you start feeling too dizzy make sure you get low down on your left side if you can or sit with your head between your knees), if a drink of water doesn't help then it's probably a low blood sugar in which case you need something sweet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015),TeamCarts  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Whoa @Ladydee, that is a lot. I ended up throwing away a lot of stuff when we blew a fuse and our fridge was dead for a few days. All I could see what dollars signs being tossed in the bin. I went off everything but elevate and vitamin d around 12 weeks, so it’s not been too bad since then. And I love the nursery

@akakura you look amazing! all bump.

@bbhope I think it was me who mentioned the Spectra. I hadn’t heard anything about replacement parts, but they seem to all be in stock on their site. Like you said, I wonder if it’s sour grapes now that they are no longer re-selling.I’ve really only read positive reviews, but only time will tell. Fingers crossed I don’t run into any issues.

@TeamCarts I hope the BP comes down… but keep us posted.

@bbhope that sounds scary. I would mention it to your OB if you haven’t already. Very likely dehydration / exhaustion / low blood sugar, but better to let them know in case it’s something more ominous. (Which I hope it isn’t!) I can’t seem to drink enough water, which ensures I spend half my day (and night!) in the loo. I hear it gets worse when breastfeed.

I am so jealous of everyone with their nurseries. We have a nursery per se, but it’s just an extra room at our in-laws with all the furniture I bought. No decorations at all. But I keep telling myself when we find a new house, we get to do the room and can make it more transitional into a little boys room. Tho, at this rate he may be in his teens before we find a house.

Hi hi to everyone else. xx
    Last edited by ilex; 09-06-2015 at 07:58.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

akakura  (09-06-2015),Ladydee  (10-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015),TeamCarts  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, haven't logged on for a while but follow the thread via email updates! so excited to hear the news of @KayzB and @Tilkah congratulations to you both on the safe arrival of your twins! hope both sets are doing well (and of course mums!)

I am 35 weeks today and counting down! hope everyone else is well! we are all getting to the end of our pregnancies and looking forward to hearing more good news in the coming weeks/months xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen182 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A quick question to those who are planning to get the govt paid parental leave. It requires you to provide employer ABN and contact details so the payment can be arranged early. I read somewhere that you can get the payment without going through your employer paycheck. Then, why do we have to provide the info?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB and @Tilkah hope your little bubs are continuing to do well, looking forward to hearing some updates.
    @bbhope haven't looked into the logistics of actually applying for the G'ment leave, I hope you get an answer without having to make a trip into Centrelink!!
    @Jen182 not long to go now. Hope the last few weeks are relatively comfortable for you and that you're doing well.
    @TeamCarts beautiful bump photo! Any progress with bub? Are you still looking at being induced this week? Will be thinking of you. Hows the BP?
    @akakura thats an impress bump you have there. You must be counting down the days by now.
    @MGC Bertie we learnt the hard way with paint samples on a large 2 story atrium wall we were painting green. Since then I always, always, always go at least one shade lighter to the one I like on the sample cards.

Hope everyone is plodding along nicely. I have my High Tea baby shower on Saturday. Looking forward to catching up with some friends for the afternoon. Not so much looking forward to a weekend withe MIL. Collecting her from the airport tomorrow. She will manage to make the weekend all about her.

Take care ladies

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

akakura  (12-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (11-06-2015),TeamCarts  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well our baby GIRL 🎀 made her early entrance last night after a quick induction at 36+3. She is absolutely perfect and weighed 2.98kgs. She is 49cm long and feeding a going well! Everyone very happy.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

akakura  (12-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeamCarts woohoo congratulations!! Glad to hear all went well with the induction. She is a good size for being a little early 👍🏻🎈

19. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (25-06-2015)