Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone. I'm still alive. I did not enjoy my pregnancy at all. Everytime I wanted to post in the forum it was going to be negative so felt it best to say nothing. I read every email update as others posted though. And then I felt it was too late to join in again. My G/B twins were born at 35+1 on the 28th of May. Aniela (2.64kg) and Jaegar (2.77kg) are still in special care as they couldn't suck feed. They are both making great progress and fingers crossed will be coming home by next weekend. Congratulations and best wishes to everyone else and I hope you have a much better experience than I did xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tilkah For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @KayzB - Congratulations hun! That is so wonderful.

I hope they're out soon, and you enjoy every minute with them. Like everyone else, can't wait to hear the names and get a full update. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Urgh, it's ticking towards midnight and I'm being hammered with the worst heartburn!!! ������ I've been trying to stay medication-free since finally coming off the entire chemist full of meds after my first trimester but I think I'm going to have to cave on this one....my throat is being burned by the continual acid coming up and I feel like I'm having a heart attack with the hugest of chest pain too I feel sorry for people like my DH who get this all the time, it's the worst! So tired and I just want to lay down properly and sleeeeep! ������
    I fought it hard, but finally spoke to my OBs and take Zatac (OTC) pretty regularly. Mine tends to be worse in the morning, but has started acting up at night. OBs wrote me a script, but it was for the OTC strength (no idea why). I find the 150 helps me heaps; far more than any of the chewables. Even if it's only every few days, I would take something. No point suffering.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Ladydee I feel your pain. Suffered awful heartburn with DS first time around so I knew this time would be no different. 3rd trimester seems to be worse for me, I guess because room is at a premium in there. I am on 2x Zantac per day but sometimes that doesn't even cut it I was exactly like you when I had my DS, hoping to stay away from yet more meds but my MW and OB Assured me I was totally fine taking it and not to suffer. So this time I am taking it routinely. Also if you can stay away from bread and food containing sugar it helps. (and the spicey stuff). Hope your feeling better x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I'm buggered today but finally got to sleep after a couple of acid hurls.....lovely 😖
    @TeamCarts, I only got a little bit of acid in my throat with my dd, none of this chest-pain stuff! A lot worse acid coming up my throat this time too. Nose bleeds was the worst thing with my dd so, I'll see if that rears its head this time around too. I had no idea bread could bring it on so I'll definitely keep an eye on that thanks though, even a sip of water seems to bring it on I find

You're totally right @lileitak, I should just get something for it. I get it randomly throughout the day but mine is way way worse as soon as I try to lay down....even if I'm semi-sitting with our household of pillows under my head/shoulders
    @Tilkah - sorry to read you had a rough time but massive congrats on your two bubba's I hope you get them home asap x
    @bbhope - thanks Hun, I'll give the gum a go. I think the dizziness can be from your body pumping all that extra blood around your body? If your not eating regularly, it could be your sugar levels too I guess? Even if you're not hungry, maybe try and have several small snacks throughout the day as I sure bub wants/needs everything you give them to grow big and strong

Ladies, this is everything I took this cycle to keep a hold of this belly-bub which is why I was trying my best not to add to it but I guess another way of looking at it is....what's one more huh?!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433738266.090149.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are all the nurseries coming along ladies? We're chugging along with my dd's big girl room. Still need to get some white shelves to put on top of both sets of her drawers and I'm sticking some fake pink flowers throughout her white tree that we just stuck up today......
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433738563.336578.jpg

.....and then we have to clear out all of her stuff out of the nursery, pull down the tree and 'boy-i-fy' it ready for this lil-guy though, I'm sure he'll stay in our room for about 10-12 months anyway so no huge rush.....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433738912.617248.jpg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015),TeamCarts  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee... wow, if I'd kept all my medicine bottles and boxes, it would look something like yours too. If I'd kept the whole three years of IVF ones, it would fill a table easily!!

We started on the nursery, finally, this weekend. Well, when I say "we", I actually mean my Mum and brother!! DH was busy servicing his and his Dad's cars (he was a mechanic in a past job) and that basically took up the whole long weekend, as there were problems, things broke and he had to ring around and go and get spare parts. So my lovely Mum and brother came yesterday and today, and did all the white undercoating, and since pregnant women aren't meant to go near paint, I stayed in the laundry washing the net curtains and cleaning other rooms' windows. Joy!! DH and I have just gone down to Bunnings and bought the pink paint, and he's about to start the edging in pink. In the end, we decided to paint the whole room in just one pink (Fairy Wings Half) and not have a coloured feature wall, and rather have a picture or decals on it.

Tilkah... congratulations on the birth of your twins. Sorry you had a rough trot in your pregnancy. To be honest all us IVF women have probably had more lows than "normal" pregnant women. I am over the moon about being pregnant and it finally all working, and even though I've had relatively mild pregnancy problems (e.g. nausea etc), just the constant drugs / injections, the incredible ongoing costs for extra scans/appointments etc that normal women don't do, and the emotional / psychological strain of every moment thinking it's not going to work has really taken a toll of being "super happy". I never thought I would be like this, and just can't wait until baby girl is in my arms, and we can move on. I hope that this is the case for you too now, and can enjoy all those precious long-awaited moments of being with your babies xx
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 08-06-2015 at 17:04.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, just thought I'd update. I thought we had done so well up until now but it seems my BP has spiked saw OB today and BP was 130/80 and 142/82. ( LV 2 weeks ago was 105/60). I also had some slight trace protein in my urine so I was sent for BT and EFM. Have to come back tomorrow to see MW and OB again on Wed. If BP is still high then looks like baby will be here by the end of the week. If it's just a 'blip' as the OB put it, then I can stay put for a bit longer. Will have to wait and see...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats @Tilkah! Totally agree with @MGC Bertie. There was a time i almost wanted to punch my friend in the face. She has no idea what we went through. A question here and there just sounded like I was over-worried on small thing. Yes, it might seem small to her but to us to get this far and the thought of losing the bub is frightening. I had been there. Both DH and I are kinda luke warm with the pregnancy. Happy but not "super happy" as MGC Bertie phrased it.
    @TeamCarts: Oh....i hope it is really just a "hiccup". xx.

I don't remember who mentioned about the spectra breast pump. Did you buy from nursing angel website? I just saw a statement on their website. "THEIR HIGH FAULT AND FAILURE RATE AND INACCESSABILITY TO REPLACEMENT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES MAKE THEM UNSUITABLE FOR NURSING MOTHERS IN OUR OPINION. WE STRONGLY ADVISE CUSTOMERS LOOK AT THE MORE RELIABLE BRANDS SUCH AS MEDELA, AMEDA, AND UNIMOM". I wonder if this is just an angry statement since SPECTRA has decided to withdraw all the wholesale business and does the direct sale recently. To note, UNIMOM has already filed for bankruptcy last year. And they are still selling their products?! I would have bought UNIMOM through them if i haven't googled and found a bunch of complaints.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015),TeamCarts  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ladydee: love your nursery! We won't be doing any nursery decorating at all until we move to the new house, which unfortunately won't be ready before the bub is here. So buying furniture and having space to set it up is also a problem in the nutshell.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-06-2015)