Closed Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@KayzB! Shhhhh! Don't remind me!!! Haha We have a couple of names we are testing out but nothing concrete yet. Yes, we love DS name. We had a second option for him but have gone 'off' it now we are 2 years down the track! BP went up a little at the start of the week but seems to be under control now. Will be seeing OB and MW each week to make sure. How are you traveling? Hope GD isn't giving you too much grief. And I hear you ladies on the shortness of breath. I feel like I'm running a marathon just getting up in the night to go to the toilet!!!! I have a bum and feet right underneath my ribs argh!
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 22-05-2015 at 21:42.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie I had scans at 7 weeks (an extra by my fertility clinic cos of early spotting), 8 weeks (before fertility clinic discharged me), then the standard week 12 and week 20. I am in a diet and exercise trial that I agreed to take part in so because of that I had a scan at 28 weeks, and will have another at 36 weeks, but that's only cos I'm in the trial (for me that was one of the best things about taking part).
    @KayzB I just told the educator that I work night shift and that I might not do the testing at the same time as everyone else. Luckily my sheet for recording doesn't specify times, just fasting, and 2 hours post breakfast, dinner and lunch. So I said that if I'm at work fasting will be when I get up at 6pm and lunch will be my 2am snacks, but that on days off these would be more normal times, she said that's all fine I can adjust accordingly. Not a problem on days off when I eat at normal times.

Well baby Matthew's cot arrived a little while ago, so that's something else sorted. He knows there's something going on cos he started kicking like crazy lol. He's also such a wriggly baby at the moment, looks really funny sometimes the way my stomach moves when he wriggles frantically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... yes, Dr M was insistent that I only have the diabetes test after stopping prednisolone, which I'm stopping this coming Thursday at 27 weeks, so will have the diabetes test the following week at 28 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @TeamCarts: haha...you still have another few weeks to come up a name. I found it difficult when all my friends already selected the names I like. We aren't thinking about the name just yet.
    @MGC Bertie: I have decided to come off clexane tonight and switch to aspirin. My OB has wanted me to do that after 16w and I wasn't feeling comfortable about it. He won't do blood to monitor so I think the best is to take the opportunity of the 20w scan to check the blood flow to baby once I switch to aspirin. Otherwise, there is no good way to find out until the growth scan.
    @Nicky1977: do you mind saying what kind of diet control for GD? LIke what to eat and not. You said carb. How much one needs to cut?

So my random glucose test came back. OB phoned on Fri. Strange...he didn't get the fast test result which I did. The result is slightly above normal. It is still way better than last time for sure, which was double the upper limit value of a normal range. OB was happy but I think the random test result could be better if it is normal like I had before pregnant. I should keep working on my carb intake.

I am still waiting for my first baby kick. I can't wait for the 20w scan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you have to look at the total carbohydrate content in foods as this is what effects the blood sugar levels not just the sugar content. I have been told to aim for 2-3 serves of carbohydrate with a main meal and 1-2 serves with a snack. My information sheet says that 12-18 grams total carbohydrate is one serve and 27-33 grams is two serves. Examples of 15 grams given are including 1 slice of bread, 1 crumpet, a 30 gram piece of Naan bread (although with bread bear in mind also that wholegrain bread is lower on the glycaemic index so less carbs). In terms of cereals quarter of a cup of raw porridge, half a cup of high fibre flake cereal would be a serve. Pasta or spagetti could be a third of a cup for one serve or quater of a cup of cooked brown rice. A small medium potato of 120grams is one serve. Snack wise one serve would be 10 rice crackers, 3 thin rice cakes or 2 Ryvita. Fruit wise a medium size apple, pear, orange peach or banana, 2 kiwi fruits or 2 nectarines, or half a cup of grapes is one serve. Fruits that contain very little carbohydrates are strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, so no need to be quite as aware of those. In terms of dairy 250mls low fat milk, or 100g of low fat yoghurt is a serve. Those are the main carbohydrate food groups you have to watch for (of course as well as the obvious with sugar, lollies, biscuits cakes etc). Other foods such as non-starchy vegetables, lean meats etc have little or no carbohydrate content so aren't a problem in this respect. Sorry that all sounded quite confusing typing it out, I'm just basically going from the information on the sheet I have been given, hope it's useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gaaaaaahhhh I am sorry to read that several ppl have GD. I am a sugar fiend at the moment so strength to you all managing your diet!
    Is anyone else dealing with preeclampsia? I got diagnosed today after rising blood pressure over past 2 weeks and proteinuria. I'm only 31 weeks so freaking out. Start blood pressure tablets tonight and baby will be out by 38 weeks latest or anytime from now if we can't get my BP down. Every day and week I can keep her in from now on will be good. Pretty scared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Gaaaaaahhhh I am sorry to read that several ppl have GD. I am a sugar fiend at the moment so strength to you all managing your diet!
    Is anyone else dealing with preeclampsia? I got diagnosed today after rising blood pressure over past 2 weeks and proteinuria. I'm only 31 weeks so freaking out. Start blood pressure tablets tonight and baby will be out by 38 weeks latest or anytime from now if we can't get my BP down. Every day and week I can keep her in from now on will be good. Pretty scared
    @gingermille so sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with preeclampsia. I have had high blood pressure since the start of this pregnancy so did a lot of reading on preeclampsia just in case. I've been on low dose asprin since about 20 weeks and its done nothing for BP but so far no preeclampsia.
    I hope your BP tablets help and get it under control so you can keep cooking your little bub for a bit longer yet. Its such a scary proposition that bub could be out at any time. I'm sure your OB will be monitoring you closely and will have your and your bubs best interests at heart. Try and take it easy and look after yourself, and know that stressing isn't going to help with the BP. Will be thinking of you xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeamCarts lol I feel like I might as well sleep in the bathroom, given the hundreds of times I need to empty my bladder throughout the night! So annoying & disruptive.
    GD has its good days & bad days thanks hun. I think I may be having to start on insulin soon; will find out at OB appointment this week so will see what she says.
    When's your next big scan? How has bub been measuring so far? xx
    @Nicky1977 sounds like you have a lil acrobat in there! ☺️ Great that the cot has arrived; all the bits & pieces finally arriving/coming together, makes it feel that bit more real 💖
    @bbhope when is your scan hun, is it this week?
    @gingermillie sorry to hear about preclampsia hun 😔 I know it's another worry, but it's so much better that they picked up on it now; better the devil you know. TRY not to stress too much hun; at least they will be keeping an extra eye on you & monitoring you closely now. Things will be ok 😊 xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-05-2015),TeamCarts  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie sorry to hear about your preeclampsia. My sister had this as well (can't remember whether it was in 1 or 2 of her 3 pregnancies, I think 2). Hopefully the bp tablets will help bring it under control and ur little one can stay where she is for a little while yet.
    @KayzB yes he certainly can be a bit of an acrobat at times, less so now as I think he has less room to move only occasional bouts of kicking. I get a lot of stretching now, will suddenly feel a slow motion foot that makes contact then stays there for a few seconds, and he's taken to wriggling a lot instead. Noticed he had started hiccuping the other day as well. Does feel like its all coming together, tried assembling his pram last night got most of it just a couple of things like I couldn't find how to attach the hood, and couldn't make the hood of the bassinet stay up, am probably going to be in the shop at the weekend so will ask them to show me on one of their show prams.

So I saw my diabetic educator yesterday. Levels have all been good and in range since I started testing a week ago so she's now dropped me from 4 times a day to twice a day testing, and don't have to see her for another 3 weeks. So just have to keep fingers crossed that I stay that way, we shall see.

I also had to lol at a male friend when I told him baby was head down at the 28 weeks scan. He said won't baby be uncomfortable if he stays in that position, I think he thought it was like me and him standing on our heads all the time lol. I had to say no it doesn't work like that for babies and that is the position they want him to be in.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie: I am sorry to hear that you are diagnosed with preclampsia. I'm not sure what is worse, GD or this. Neither is good for anyone! I hope your med get your BP under control. Hugs. I know a friend who had it at 16w and her bub arrived 5 weeks early.

@Nicky1977: thanks for the info about the diabetes diet. I don't remember if i said it. Random glucose comes back just above normal. However, OB is happy saying it is a huge improvement from last time. I guess the fasting is what they normally use to diagnose diabetes. I am not out of the wood for GD yet.

AFM, I had the20w scan this afternoon. It went well so I think i can start enjoying the rest of my pregnancy. Placenta has moved up! Thanks goodness. It is now on the borderline. They won't classify it as low lying anymore. The little one is starting to run out of space to move around. Not like doing acrobat like yours, Nicky1977. Bub was super active on our 12w scan, though. This time only a few kicks and punches. Too bad, the sonographer couldn't tell me the blood flow rate. I just switched to aspirin and this info would be very helpful. Oh well...Now, thinking to move OB appt in another 2 weeks so i can see bub again without a big gap this time. I most likely will see him next week for the last round of infusion anyway. No scan, though.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (26-05-2015)