Closed Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So had my diabetes education session with the educator today. Just basically about how to control GD with diet by watching intake of carbs, I have to aim for 2-3 serves with main meals and 1-2 serves with a snack. I also got an information sheet on different foods and what constitutes 1 serve. So I have to monitor blood sugar levels 4 times a day, did one while I was there which was 2 hours post breakfast and it was normal, same with my level after lunch. The educator thinks it's unlikely that I will need insulin. So all in all not 2 bad. It's just annoying cos if I feel the need for a snack I have to wait until after the 2 hour gap after my meal when I have taken my blood sugar (not that I really snack much though anyway).

Speaking of packing bags for the hospital, I guess it's something I should really make a start on too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Essence08 – I’m the same, I’m always singing when I log on to Bubhub LOL.Time sometimes flies then other times it feels like it’s dragging, so much waiting! In saying that, I don’t want bub coming any earlier.Yes, it is exciting knowing I have date.Good on you for getting your nursery underway.Having a white room is actually a good thing because you can colour it up with whatever you like, such as the rug and decals you’re talking about.Your hubby keeps changing his mind?Isn’t that our job to change our minds?LOL.Is this your first bub?How far along are you?Your baby shower sounds wonderful, high tea sounds nice.I didn’t have a baby shower for my DS and probably won’t with this one, but I do like the sound of a high tea.Hmmm, something to think about.

@bbhope – yes, feeling bub move is such a wonderful feeling, hope you get to feel your bub soon.Even if I don’t feel him move I can feel what I think is his bum, could be his head, who knows.I’m constantly touching my belly.So happy your doppler is getting a workout.Sounds like your bub likes to find a comfy place and stay there, sounds normal to me, but just ask at your next appointment if you’re concerned.I think going shopping after your 20w scan is a lovely celebration of your milestone.I totally understand about being anxious but trying to think positive.This is mean constantly, even after I’ve had a scan!Have fun with pram shopping, you still have time so you will have a chance to look around for the ideal one.

@MGC Bertie – I’m not sure if there are GD symptoms as such, but it makes sense. Like @KayzB & @Nicky1977 say, GD symptoms are not really obvious, someone may have it and not even know it. I do know that increased thirst is a sign of diabetes.Hopefully you won’t have to worry about that.

@TeamCarts – I love your beautiful bump, thank you for sharing.I’ll have to take one of mine and share soon too.Gorgeous hun!! Thank you for your kind words.It is very surreal to be pregnant after all we’ve been through, I still can’t believe it.I don’t think I will stop being anxious/nervous until I hold bubs in my arms!I definitely wasn’t like this with my first bub, I was so carefree then.So you’re almost 34 weeks.Glad to hear you can deliver at your own hospital.Bubs is 5 days ahead, that’s awesome, no wonder you’re feeling massive.Great news that your BP is behaving and yay for movements.I know what you mean about putting on some weight during this pregnancy.I was doing so well, but in the 4 weeks since my last OB appointment I put on 5 klios!!! Admittedly, I’ve gone to at least 4 birthday parties, 1 christening, a funeral and a mother’s day lunch, so I’ve eaten so much and didn’t do much exercise.This included 3 buffets!!!If you lost it in a good time with your DS1 then I’m sure you’ll be fine after bub 2 is born, but yes, still depressing huh!!You are so strong and patient not finding out what gender you’re having, I’m way too impatient, I want everything yesterday.Great you’ve started washing baby clothes and even packed your bag.Not long until you finish work then, that’s awesome too.

@KayzB – happy to hear your twins are progressing well, that’s wonderful news.
    GD can be a pain to manage, but as long as you’re eating well that’s a great start.

@Nicky1977 – I’ve been told if you are worried about baby’s movements, just drink cool glass of water (or any drink I suppose) to wake him up. I think you’re right, if bub is big, there is probably less room to move.Good to hear your diabetes education session went well and your blood sugar levels were normal.

AFM – looks like I have GD as well, as I expected, so no shock.My results were borderline but close enough to be considered GD (my blood sugar level was 8 and the GD level is 8.5).Anyway, I know what to do, I just have to stick with it. I just love eating bread too much.I’ll be seeing my thyroid/diabetes doc in a few weeks, I’m going to be in so much trouble LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (22-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-05-2015),Nicky1977  (20-05-2015),TeamCarts  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase all good baby started moving a lot when I least expected it when I was resting and watching tv. He started getting active every couple of hours. Now I'm back at work he isn't quite as active but he still has a few kicks and wriggles when I'm resting. Sorry to hear about your likely GD, its hard if the foods you like are the ones that exacerbate it, it depends what bread you eat as well, for example white bread has the higher glycaemic index, luckily I like the wholemeal but it still counts towards the carb count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase treat yourself to a nice afternoon tea somewhere, we deserve it.

Because my fundal height was above what it should have been at my last appiontment I was booked in for a 'fetal growth and well being' scan today - such a scary sounding name!! Anyway, bub is measuring ahead (can't remember how far she said, will check with my Ob tomorrow but she did say anywhere up to 3 weeks ahead is still within normal, such a huge variation) but is beautifully proportioned and healthy so all good. I'm nearly 31 weeks and estimated weight is about 1.9kg. He has lovely long legs and was testing them out furiously and was pretending to be camera shy by continually covering his face. He reacts to any movement if I rub my belly so very active. My placenta is also sitting up extremely high so his head is just under my bellybutton and feet under my boobs. Was actually a fun ultrasound, doctor was deligthful and bub was having a wonderful time. Also gave us the usual waves and for someone different gave us an 'ok' hand gesture. Very sweet. Dear me I sound all gushy and maternal :P

have an ob appointment in the morning, still worried she'll start talking about c sections (not that I'm opposed to them, just hadn't planned on it) but we shall see. Another scan at 36 weeks to track rate of growth.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Take care ladies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Essence.... that's interesting that your latest big scan seemed to be an extra one, as my one booked for 30 weeks just seems to be scheduled as a normal one. How many big scans has everyone had (or going to have)? Mine have been 12 and 20 weeks, and next big one at 30 weeks. Lots of little heartbeat scans inbetween then though to keep me sane.

Interesting also what you say about where bub is. I'd never thought much about it before, and just presumed that it would be in the lower half of tummy (since that's the exit!!), but in the last couple of days she does seem to have risen up nears my boobs. I'm really now unsure where all my other body organs have gone... it's crazy since I thought I was a fairly educated person, but I'm going to go google some anatomy lessons now and see if I can find some pictures to explain!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie yeah this one was an 'extra' and I'll also have one at 36 wks as a growth rate comparison. Otherwise the last one would have been at 20 wks. It's interesting how every obstetrician, doctor, hospital,etc has different processes.

I was was the same in relation to where Bub would be hanging out. Just assumed he would be down low. When I poke at my stomach though the hard bits and rounded bit is all above my belly button. Also explains my shape, my bump is all up high and much flatter below the waist. I also would have thought that as someone with a small lung capacity and chronic asthma that having a Bub sitting up so high would be squishing lungs and making breaths shorter but it's not been a problem, so has he shoved them back or something?? I guess we have a lot of 'empty' space in our baby. Damn those anatomical models we've been exposed to all our lives which show beautifully placed organs, they're clearly just wherever they want to be. The things you learn when you're pregnant.

How long til your 30 wk scan?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey guys sorry to bother you, im aware this might not be the right thread so my apologies in advance. I am a first year media student and would very much like to interview a woman about her experience with IVF or surrogacy for an feature story that I am writing. It is not for publication. I'm interested in the experience of women in negotiating the process and how the legal regulatory system and medical system have effected you.
    The interview would take no more than 30 minutes and I could call you or come to where suits you.

I'm looking to get your insights and experiences but of course your confidentiality would be fully protected and no names used.

Although I'm only a student as a young journalist I'd very much like to develop a better understanding of women's experiences and how this can be respectfully represented in the media. So your willingness to participate would be very helpful.

My name is Arielle and I live in the inner West in Sydney. My phone number is 0425425177 and my email address is aridebono@live.com
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Ari

Thanks
    Reviews
    Essence..... I'm 26 weeks now, so the scans in about 4 weeks time. I actually have been having shortness of breath in the past couple of weeks - even just walking to the toilet and back leaves my puffing. I first of all thought it was because I am unfit, but have come to realise it's actually baby :-)

Ari.... you may get someone off these sites who might be willing to partake, though to be honest I think you'd be better to approach an actual IVF clinic in person. The main reason for this, I think, is that we (us here on Bubhub) have had "dodgy" people come on here before with such requests or similar projects etc, and some people have been burnt by it. Not to say that you're "dodgy" but most of us are pretty careful about what and to whom we say in real life about our IVF experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow. No scan until 30w? Do u get any scan in between with OB? How often?
    @MGC Bertie: will u be off pred when u do the GD test? So I repeated the glucose test (fast and random) to rule out diabetes. The last ones came back super high. The fast result came back yesterday as normal!! I am so happy that I didn't develop diabetes. I checked it just before IVF as well and every year due to family history. Pred really messed it up. But it doesn't guarantee that I won't get GD. will it mess with your result if u r on pred and do the GD test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie - I had scans at 6, 7, 12 and 20 weeks.

6 week was unplanned as I was in the ER w/ pleurisy, and they were concerned I had a lung clot. It was the first time we saw the heartbeat. 7 was standard with FS, and then just the usual 12 and 20 week. I wish I had another coming!