Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Essence08 that does sound lovely! MY SIL insisted on throwing a shower so I relented. To be fair, it's mostly DH's family. I will have a couple friends, and my mum there, but my friend pool keeps getting smaller with people going overseas. Little bit depressing really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Finally caught up.

@Essence08: wow...only gained 3 kg? I gained 5kg in first trimester alone. Crazy hormone. I was on full swing of steroid side effect. Weight gain is slowing down now since i off the steroid.

@Nicky1977 and kayzB: i am sorry to hear about the GD. I am also afraid of getting it. It is genetic. I have to go back and do my fast and random glucose tests again to check if i have diabetes. OB believes that it is induced diabetes from the steroid earlier on. I have been postponing it. I really need to do it next week.

@AceOfBase: it must be a good feeling to feel bub movement! I am so eager to feel it. It sounded like i still have a long wait to go before feeling anything. Yes, i have a doppler. Love it. It is so soothing to hear the baby heartbeat. Bub seems to be on one spot now (higher or lower left). I am not sure if this is normal. Perhaps restricted movement in the uterus and can't flip to the other side?
    Last edited by bbhope; 16-05-2015 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... Dr M says I won't go for the GD test until after week 28, so I've still got a couple more weeks to go for that. My question is that if someone has developed GD already, surely there would be some symptoms???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope... Dr M says I won't go for the GD test until after week 28, so I've still got a couple more weeks to go for that. My question is that if someone has developed GD already, surely there would be some symptoms???
    @MGC Bertie I didn't have any symptoms as such hun. Due to higher risk factors, I actually did my first GD test at 11 weeks, which came back negative. Retested at 28 weeks.. and came back positive. So somewhere along the way I developed it & didn't have a clue 😕

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Hi ladies! Hope you are all doing well and your precious bubbas are all behaving. @Nicky1977 and @KayzB hope the GD is going ok and not being too much of a pain how are the twinnies going @KayzB? You coping ok?

@gingermillie sound like you have all the PPL under control. I unfortunately will only get the government PPL as I work for a small business in healthcare which doesn't offer their own PPL ahh well something is better than nothing! Glad to hear you are doing well.

@AceOfBase so nice to hear you and you precious boy are progressing nicely it is so surreal after so many struggles to be finally having your dreams come true. I was a nervous, anxious and emotional wreck with my first pregnancy so I think a little tear shed is perfectly fine and normal. GL for Monday.

@Essence08 your high tea sounds lovely. I had the whole baby shower shebang last time so wasn't expecting to do anything this time round but my friend has insisted we do something so we will probably be doing similar to you but just a small group of us, mum and sisters etc. Hope you enjoy!

@lileitak sometimes you just have to give in and let people treat you to a day you deserve It's hard to have all the attention but I'm sure you will have a lovely day and I'm sure you will receive some lovely things.

AFM 33 weeks tomorrow and feeling massive! I'm officially able to deliver at my own hospital!!!! I used to worry when I was pregnant with DS when people would comment on how small I was, this time the opposite! I'm currently measuring approx 5 days ahead with this bub and all is going well. As bub is head down my scans with the OB have been hard to see babies face/profile but so long as we can see him/her growing and a strong heartbeat then I guess we can't complain really. BP still behaving and having sooooo many movements. Yay! So jealous of all of you who haven't put on much weight! I've been really good with my diet this time yet still seem to have put on approx 15 kgs (put on close to 20kg with DS) all of which I lost in the first 6-12 weeks PP but it's still depressing! I have started washing my neutral baby clothes and have packed mine and babies bag for hospital just in case. (DS came at 36+6). Starting to feel a little bit more organised now, only 2 weeks left of work! Woohoo! Sleeping is crap ATM but I'm surviving.
    Sorry for the essay, haven't caught up in a while! Hope anyone I have missed this time is going well also. Take care x
    P.S I thought I'd share a bump shot from yesterday would love to see some of yours!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1431825364.508815.jpg
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 17-05-2015 at 12:43.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

ilex  (17-05-2015),KayzB  (17-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
    Hi ladies! Hope you are all doing well and your precious bubbas are all behaving. @Nicky1977 and @KayzB hope the GD is going ok and not being too much of a pain how are the twinnies going @KayzB? You coping ok?

AFM 33 weeks tomorrow and feeling massive! I'm officially able to deliver at my own hospital!!!! I used to worry when I was pregnant with DS when people would comment on how small I was, this time the opposite! I'm currently measuring approx 5 days ahead with this bub and all is going well. As bub is head down my scans with the OB have been hard to see babies face/profile but so long as we can see him/her growing and a strong heartbeat then I guess we can't complain really. BP still behaving and having sooooo many movements. Yay! So jealous of all of you who haven't put on much weight! I've been really good with my diet this time yet still seem to have put on approx 15 kgs (put on close to 20kg with DS) all of which I lost in the first 6-12 weeks PP but it's still depressing! I have started washing my neutral baby clothes and have packed mine and babies bag for hospital just in case. (DS came at 36+6). Starting to feel a little bit more organised now, only 2 weeks left of work! Woohoo! Sleeping is crap ATM but I'm surviving.
    Sorry for the essay, haven't caught up in a while! Hope anyone I have missed this time is going well also. Take care x
    P.S I thought I'd share a bump shot from yesterday would love to see some of yours!
    @TeamCarts hi hun! Looking good! ☺️ Great that you've started getting your bags etc in order. I feel like I've packed for a holiday with double the amount of stuff to pack! Twins are tracking along well thanks, both around the 50th-55th percentile.
    GD though drives me insane some days trying to manage it 😖
    Have you settled on names yet? We're ok with B/B & B/G names - but if G/G we're a bit stuck for the second one!
    Same here with the crappy sleeping - so tired, but insomnia & uncomfortableness keeps me awake all night. Then I spend the next day feeling so outta it 😕
    Glad you are doing well hun ❤️ xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB oh thanks Hun, so lovely that your bubbas are doing so well and well done on keeping the sexes a secret! Your amazing. I can't imagine how much stuff you've had to pack and make sure you have covered! In regards to names we have a girls name all sorted. A boys name on the other hand is a bit of a problem. We can't agree and I'm getting a bit anxious that we will make a rash decision! Hopefully we can decide on something in the next few weeks, think I'll feel much better then! I don't envy you having to think of more than one name for each sex, hope you find your second girls name soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase I know what you mean feeling funny calling the baby by name. I only occasionally refer to mine as Matthew, it's either usually "baby" or "baby Matthew"
    @MGC Bertie I have to say that I hadn't had any symptoms for the GD, was told I was at risk due to having a big baby, but didn't feel any different from normal. My blood sugar levels which I have been testing at work this week have generally been on the lower side and same as usual, so it's still got me puzzled.
    @TeamCarts I haven't found the GD to be too much of a pain yet, although I have my education session tomorrow so will see what they say. I will be interested to know what I'm meant to be eating. Also to test my levels at home as well as work when I have the machine to test, and not just randomly testing at work, I will get to see if there is any difference. Think I will hate having to check at least 4 times a day though, but then type 1 and 2 diabetics have to do that all the time so can't complain too much really. Nice photo of ur baby bump, I have been trying to put one up but my computer won't let me for some reason.
    @bbhope hopefully you don't have GD, I guess you shall find out soon enough.

Well I'm not 29 weeks 3 days. Baby's movements seem to have changed, when he kicks he is not as vigorous its definitely lighter, I'm guessing maybe cos of my anterior placenta, maybe cos he's a big baby so less room to move(already measuring 6 days ahead), he tends to do more wriggling now. I also start to get worried and have to poke him more to kick which I usually get a good response to. I think that since this week I am being careful of what I eat he doesn't like it, I used to find that a little hit of sugar would get him started but reluctant to do that since GD diagnosis so have to resort to poking. His kicks also feel more like stretches, it's like a foot comes out and stays in places for a good few seconds. These also tend to be higher up, I'm guessing that's cos he is currently head down as my ultrasound showed the other day.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-05-2015),TeamCarts  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Nicky1977: I would be interested to know what they suggest for diet. I don't feel any movement just yet so I don't even know if bub likes what i eat. LOL. I like spicy food every so often. I bet bub might not like it very much and can't really protest to let me know. Wow...i didn't know you can make the bub moves by poking.

We aren't planning to buy anything so early. But i am thinking about to start shopping around after our 20w scan. Just a small celebration when we hit the next milestone. I am anxious but try to think positive.
    I have a look at the pram on the internet last night. Oh wow...they are so many of them but it doesn't look like there is a perfect pram. eg: one can have a movable handle bar to make the seat facing forward and backward but also an easy fold and lightweight one. Someone might say Bugaboo but it seems to be so many assembling work needed to just get the pram in and out of the car. I do like the city jogger but it doesn't let the bub faces toward us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I will give an update tomorrow about what is said for diet etc, I think it will be a case of eating the right amount of carbs. I think spicy food is said to make babies kick a bit more, same as sugary food, lol the sonographer at the ultrasound told me that sometimes they do the 28 week scan on babies immediately after the glucose tolerance test which isn't fun. I don't know if all babies will move if poked but mine certainly does, even if it's just one small kick, and I think it gets easier to do the further along in your pregnancy you get, baby Matthew didn't respond much early on but more so now, I think it depends how awake he is at the time.

In terms of prams, after all my hard time searching I definitely recommend Valco Baby, although you are right there is definitely not a perfect pram. I think the Bugaboo are one of the more expensive ones as well from what I have seen. There is a few in the Valco Baby range, the Snap Ultra that I have and the Spark are both able to face both ways. Mine cost $469 but as I got it at Haggle Baby was discounted to $422, I had to buy its bassinet separately though, the Spark is a bit more expensive but the bassinet comes with it. I have just started looking at cots, shouldn't be as stressful as buying the pram, I definitely want one that will convert to a toddler bed later. I just suddenly realised how time is going and I still have so much to do, will be a relief when I finish work in 4 weeks and don't feel like I'm constantly running around all the time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-05-2015)