Closed Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Well um perhaps I spoke too soon! Just checking budget announcements tonight and seems like the plan to stop people (like me lol) accessing both employer and government ppl will come in from 1 July 2015 in which case I will miss out by a few weeks. Thought it was going to be 1 July 2016? Arrrgh news is not clear on this at all date-wise. Will check on this more tomorrow or hopefully someone else can share the correct date!
    Last edited by gingermillie; 12-05-2015 at 22:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow..thread moves fast. I don't think i'll be able to catch up all tonight.

@gingermillie: I don't know how one can access the govt parental leave paid at the same time when the company is paying. I read it on the website somewhere that it can only be used after the employer one being used up. Apparently, our generous 6 months leave isn't from the company but somehow bundled into with the govt scheme. That means part of the $ is from the govt parental scheme. It is still not the same as you said -- claiming at the same time. Because of the budget, our manager did tell me that it might change down the track if i am allowed to have the 6 months at all (share with my DH's workplace so basically i will only have 3 months). Anyway, i don't think i understand all of these.
    Last edited by bbhope; 12-05-2015 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope - my employer (a university) considers their ppl to be totally separate from the government ppl and have said that we can get both paid at once so for simplicity I will do this and bank the extra for later. Not sure if this differs by employer.
    I went to the actual budget papers to find out when the changes come in as some news outlets were saying 2015 and some saying 2016. The changes to PPL come in from 1 July 2016 and below is the excerpt from budget paper no.2 (in case anyone is interested): "The Government will achieve savings of $967.7 million over four years by removing the ability for individuals to double dip when applying for the existing Parental Leave Pay (PLP) scheme, from 1 July 2016.
    Currently individuals are able to access Government assistance in the form of PLP, in addition to any employer‑provided parental leave entitlements.
    The Government will remove the ability for individuals to double dip, by taking payments from both their employer and the Government.
    The Government will ensure that all primary carers would have access to parental leave payments that are at least equal to the maximum PLP benefit (currently 18 weeks at the national minimum wage).
    The savings from this measure will be redirected by the Government to repair the Budget and fund policy priorities."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (14-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-05-2015),Nicky1977  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie thanks for clarifying the start date for the changes to PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks gingermillie. Yes, if taking govt PPL at the same time with employer benefit is allowed, I would be doing so as well. I'll be forced to return to work fairly soon and my contract will end soon after. If i don't get contract extension (likely), this will help cover the cost of me being at home taking care of the bub (technically it is a parental leave). I don't know why the govt keeps using the word of "double dipping". I was so mad when they got rid of the medical OOP tax reduction last year. I wasn't eligible for medicare when i started the IVF so the OOP is huge. I pay tax too. The least they can do is to allow us to have the tax reduction on this one. I ended up owing them tax because of signing up the medicare late last year. Too bad, i was a year too late for the tax reduction scheme on medical OOP expenses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies, sorry I haven't been around for a while, you probably don’t even remember me or you may have even joined this thread in the meantime!Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your pregnancy.As I haven’t posted in ages, I have only gone back a few pages.

@bbhope – I too have an anterior placenta and have started to feel some movements.Do you use your Doppler much?There is absolutely nothing wrong with going back to work early after bub arrives, we all do what is best for our situation and no-one else has the right to judge.

@Nicky1977 – great news on finding the right pram, well done.You’re having a boy named Matthew?So am I.I still call him “the baby”. We really like the name Matthew but it feels funny calling him by name yet.Sorry to hear about your GD.I just got tested on Tuesday and I’m expecting to have the results come back positive as I am pre-diabetic anyway.

@Essence08 – have you finished decorating the nursery yet?So exciting.

@MGC Bertie – how is your nursery going?Did you choose a colour yet?Sometimes it’s so hard with so many options out there.

@KayzB – how have you been going with your GD?I hope your levels are fine, but if you have to go on insulin it’s not so bad.I only know this from my SIL who has Type 1 diabetes and was on insulin for both of her pregnancies.Good luck.

@gingermillie – thank you so much for clarifying the PLP information.I too plan to access both leave from my employer and the government, why not?If it’s available I’d be silly to not take advantage of it, right!

AFM – I am 23 weeks and my next OB appointment is on Monday.I’ve just started to feel bub move around, it is so surreal.I was in the baby section at Best and Less yesterday and started crying with happiness thinking that I just can’t believe I’m pregnant.I feel like I’m in a dream, after waiting so so long.It must be the hormones.I am booked in for a c-section on Sept 2 and I’m having a boy, I’m going in as a private patient in a public hospital.

I have not bought anything for this bub as yet, I’ve had so many people give me their pre-loved baby items.
    Would you believe that I only just got rid of 10 years worth of baby stuff last year?I was trying to come to terms with the fact I may never have another baby.I wish I got rid of them sooner, I probably would have fallen pregnant years ago LOL.The only thing I kept was the cot.I’ve been given car seats, prams, bassinets, clothing, blankets.It’s awesome.Considering all the money we’ve spent on IVF over the years this is a great saving for us!

Hope you all are doing well and I hope it doesn’t take me too long to come back in & catch up with you all again

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (14-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase Hi hun, good to hear you & Matthew-to-be are doing well ☺️ Having a teary moment at the shops is so understandable - after everything we've been through to get to this stage, it def is overwhelming and surreal.
    Thanks for asking hun - this week my GD has been a lil better (have exceeded just 1x so far) - but still so stressful having to stop & think every time I go to eat something etc. Diet control is tough enough normally, let alone when you're pregnant!
    Hope you get to see a nice wriggly bub at your OB appt next week ☺️

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - yep, finally getting pregnant after what we've been through can be quite overwhelming. So happy to hear your GD has been better this week. You're so right about having to think about what you're eating all the time and dieting at anytime can be tough, but yes, moreso when you're pregnant. I have to watch what I eat anyway due to having thyroid issues and being pre-diabetic, but I have been a bit naughty lately.

Thanks for your well wishes for Monday's appointment! Can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase I always sing when I see your name Lovely to see you posting again. My goodness 23 weeks already, it flies doesn't it? It must be both exciting and overwhelming having a date for your C Section.

Its great you've been given so many baby things. That would be such a help.

Nursery isn't finished, thanks for asking. The important bits are done - cot and change table but thats about all. So far our nursery is very very white, the furniture is white and I also have a slimline white piano still in there at the moment so next move is a bright colourful rug and some wall decals. Hubby keeps changing his mind of what sort of theme he wants though.

Have relented and am having a baby shower, booked high tea at one of the hotels in Melbourne and just having a small afternoon tea gathering rather than a baby shower as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Essence08 a small high tea sounds lovely! I was thinking of doing something like that - but I'm too big & uncomfortable these days to drag myself out & get dressed up lol So no gathering/baby shower for me. Hope you have a lovely time ☺️ x