Closed Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, shall have a look for one then on the weekend, sounds good

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI ladies,

Was away last week with limited internet but have been following the daily email updates.

Should have been in sunny tropical Vanuatu lounging by a pool, drinking mocktails and snorkeling but due to Cyclone Pam the resort we were staying at is still too broken for guests so we had a week doing renovations on our beach property in the cold and rain instead. Not complaining, a break is still a break it just wasn't what I had in mind!!!

In terms of prams - earlier in the week I saw the CRAZY Origami Self folding pram in action. Oh my goodness!! I'm sure you can find a youtube clip of it. I've seen it priced between $1500 - $2000 so not something we were about to buy. Also freaked me out a bit as the sound it makes when folding and opening is the same sound the transformers make when they are transforming and getting their weapons out. No way is my baby going in one of those prams!!!

We ended up getting a Nuna Ivvi pram which also has the capsule and basinet and a seperate stand. Kind of left it to my husband to buy. Have had a few goes with opening folding swaping the bits around and so forth and it seems easy enough to use. Reasonably light which is great. I found it all a bit overwhelming!!

How is everyone going with setting up nurseries and such? I'm nearly 28 weeks now so figured we needed to start getting organised. Has anyone found any really great products?

Hope you're all doing well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jen182: sorry to hear about your nerve pain! Hope the dr can find a solution for you.
    @Ladydee: when did they find out about the previa? 20w scan? Did they advise you not to fly?

AFM: We were happy to see the bub on the 16w scan yesterday. The growth is fine. However, the placenta hasn't moved up despite the uterus is expanding. Worse. It is now covering the cervix -- anterior previa. OB doesn't want to make any conclusion just yet but wants to wait until the 20w scan. I read that if it is covering the cervix, the chance of moving up is less. Is it true? It will lead to a lot of pregnancy complications. Sigh...i feel like hitting the odd all the time. OB prescribed me provera to prevent any contraction which will lead to bleeding because of it. I don't know what to think about provera since it is classified unsafe to take during pregnancy. Anyone is taking it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - at my 12 week NT scan the Sonographer mentioned that my placenta was quite low and anterior but as I was only 12 weeks, it had plenty of time to move. At my 19 week Morph scan, it hadn't moved and was still low and anterior. I'm not sure if it's covering my cervix as my Sonographer just said to not worry about it until my booked-in 3rd 3d scan at 32 weeks.

I had my appt with my Ob on Wednesday but it was just the Doppler, no scan this time 😒. I had had a couple of brown drops of blood on Monday when I wiped but he wasn't concerned about it as he said that was to be expected with a low lying placenta but to call him if I get anything heavier than a teaspoon worth or if I get any fresh bright blood. He's still happy to wait until my extra 3D scan at 32 weeks to find out for sure about my Previa/Accreta placenta and then form a plan from there. If I get any bleeding before then then he'll bump my scan forward. If it is accreta, he'll book me in for an MRI which is the best way to see how bad it is (like if it's grown through my c/s scar to my bladder). Next appointment with him is in 4 weeks. The waiting continues 😥.....it drives me a bit crazy to not just know for sure as I almost feel like a ticking time bomb!! He said he was happy with everything for now and to relax and enjoy this stage of pregnancy. He obviously doesn't know me as well as I thought! Lol 😁

I'm more freaked out about the Accreta possibility than the Previa as everything I've read says that if it's just Previa, there is a high chance that it'll move (since it's not attached to anything) as your belly expands and pulls it up and out of the way....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1430529834.981948.jpg
    I was taking 80mg/day of Provera from CD2, right up until about 13 weeks of pregnancy when I started to wean off it hun and my little guy seems to be just fine Nope, my Ob has not mentioned to me that I shouldn't fly but I haven't got anything planned anyway.....were you told not to fly? Can it cause bleeding?? I'm just generally taking it a little easier by not picking up my 3 year old and not over doing any exercise as my earlier bleeding started after lots of walking around Seaworld and then Movieworld over two days. Were you planning a vaginal or C/S birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of me @KayzB, I posted a bit of an update above.....nothing new, still more waiting! Like a never ending TWW! Lol. I had a couple of drops of brown blood on Monday but nothing since thank goodness.....I think I may have overdone it as DH and I emptied our spare bedroom to start our DD's "big-girl room" and then we can re-decorate our nursery for our lil-dude on the way . How are you going hun? Do you know the sex of your bubs??
    @cheekyhumour - I have a 3yo DD and have had a Corolla Hatch up until a month ago and I could always fit quite a bit into the back, they're a great car I found the boot great for a nappy change table too!

@gingermillie - I bought a secondhand city-mini off eBay for $150 and it has been worth every cent! My dd is a tall 3yo and she still fits in it very comfortably and loves taking a nap in it as its like her little cave. I love the food/drink tray with it. Ridiculously easy to put up and down huh? Lifesaver when it's raining and you need to quickly pack it in the car.
    @Jen182 - sorry to read about your sciatic pain I've suffered with that since my early 20ies but luckily not since I was preg with my DD in 2012. If you haven't found any relief yet, acupuncture is the only thing that has ever helped me aside from a few certain stretches. I've wobbled into my acupuncturist in a ridiculous amount of pain and then skipped out 100% pain free afterwards, it's awesome! 😊
    @TeamCarts - BJCS twinnies! Ha ha, ours is red, what colour did you get? I've been waiting a long time to be able to use the second seat, I'm so excited!!! I'm going to get the glider-board for my dd too as she's 3 now I too don't like one of my kids to be sitting half in the bottom basket.
    @Essence08 - bugger about your cancelled Vanuatu trip My uncle-in-law lives half his time there and half her in Aus and his photos are GORGEOUS!!! I want to go there at some stage Last weekend we emptied out our spare room to move my dd into so we can re-decorate our nursery and boy-i-fy it We have charcoal coloured carpet and very light-grey walls so I think we'll go with a red/navy/grey theme....maybe a little "Route 66" but in a babyish-sorta-way.

Hello to anyone I've missed this time Xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

cheekyhumour  (02-05-2015),TeamCarts  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee: accreta is a more severe problem than previa. I read it again on the internet. If says if it is covering the cervix, the chance of it moving away is low. I plan to have vaginal birth. But if the previa presist throughout the pregnancy, it will have to be C-section. Well, there is nothing i can do about it but to wait it out. As for traveling, no, OB didn't say i can't travel but cabin pressure will cause contraction and that can promote bleeding. He prescribed me provera for the reason of keeping contraction at bay. When i was traveling few months ago, FS wanted me to keep using the progesterone pessaries since it also helps to prevent contraction on the flight. I was very early in m pregnancy at the time. That means air travel isn't good for people with placenta previa. Touchwood, i haven't had any bleeding other than spotting at 5w and 6w.

Ya, i was planning to buy the ticket to visit my parents next month if my 16w scan looks good. It looks like the plan has to be on hold for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I finally sorted out the pram. Baby Matthew now has a Valco Snap Ultra, it has all the features I was looking for, and importantly fits into my boot without causing a problem due to the location of the anchoring point. It is also considerably cheaper than the iCandy range I was originally looking at. So that's a huge relief.

I hope u ladies are all keeping well.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (10-05-2015),Ladydee  (11-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I don't know if you have heard about the government's changes to the paid parental leave scheme that are due to come in from July 2016. Basically the paid parental leave will not be available to those of us who have maternity leave entitlements with our employer. So I would advise you all to take the government pay before your employers pay so that you won't lose that entitlement, I had been planning on doing this anyway but now it seems definitely the way to go (not that I would change the amount of time I spent at home with baby anyway to suit a bunch of politicians who basically backtrack on anything they say). I don't know how it would effect us for future babies, I guess that depends on who wins the next election and if Labor how quickly they could overturn this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nicky1977 - my DH is the money-person in our household so I'll freely admit I have zero idea about any of this stuff but, will the changes that are coming in in 2016 affect us now with these bub's who are due in a couple of months??
    @bbhope, after driving myself a little nuts, I've resorted to the same thought process as you....."there's nothing I can do about it any way". I still wish I just knew one way or other now so I can deal with it but I realise I just have to wait it out until my next scan. I'll keep my fingers crossed that both of ours all of a sudden just somehow move out of the way. A positive spin we can both think about is that yeah, our kiddies latched on low but it's way better than if they continued their way towards the exit and we got BFN's. I tried a vaginal birth with my DD but ended up with an emergency CS as my dilation didn't progress after my waters broke on their own.....I hope you do get your natural birth that you want but honestly, I found my CS and recovery to be no biggie at all and she never left my sight after the birth and I got my first cuddles after a couple of minutes where my DH cut the cord and she had her checks (maybe 3 meters away from my head). Then as I was still holding her, we were wheeled into recovery where we got a long relaxed skin-on-skin time and first feed 😊 Hope you're well Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My workplace requires us to take the parental leave within the first 6 months so i can't swap to take the govt entitlement first. We have a generous of 6 months paid leave after being on service for 1 yr. However, it has to be shared with the partner. ie, if my partner has 3 month from his company, i can only take 3 months max and not at the same time. In any case, I won't be able to use the govt parental leave scheme so it doesn't really affect me for this pregnancy. i have to return to work before my contract end. Leave longer than 3 months is tough for my profession. Once it ends, i won't even eligible for the govt parental scheme anymore.

@Ladydee: it is quite annoying. I was hoping 2nd trimester would be a bit more relax and no worries about flying/travelling. It is easier to say not to worry than done. Can't wait for the 20w scan. The longest 4ww ever..........

Edit: Oh....C-section. I am not sure i want to be awake during the process. Part of me just feeling a bit unfair. My sis doesn't want to have a kid and yet she has one. She left it for the grandparents to raise the kid. We so wanted to have a kid and yet can't even have our bio child. The whole world fell apart for a while. She had vaginal birth and no much trouble for the pregnancy. And me, anxious all the way.

Also, please don't judge me for wanting to go back to work, drop the bub at childcare before the bub turns one. One of my close friends made a comment about that the other day.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-05-2015 at 12:45.