Closed Thread
Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol my silly computer posted twice

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I didn't have a doppler but found when baby first started kicking he preferred one side, in his case the right, and that's where they tended to find his heartbeat when doing dopplers in the hospital. However now he is extremely active take the last 24 hours for example he has been everywhere, both sides in the middle, up and down, he must be exhausted with all the movement. It's really weird when he has a rest from kicking and then next time he is kicking (or punching) in a different spot. U will find that too as u get further along, ur little one will get very adventurous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Nicky1977 - check out the Bumbleride Twin. We only need a single, and got the Indie, but they do a double too. VERY good value for money IMO, great looking and the are easy to collapse and get in the car. I've been practising. Parenthood has them - not sure where else. Relatively new to the Australian market, but have been around for 10ish years. I am super happy with ours, but I suppose the real test will be when bub arrives.

@bbhope - that happened to me once! I was trying to load something into the boot at Ikea, and it was -20C out (Canadian winter). I was so angry at the time. Since then I always check. This time we realised our side mirror don't fold in! That was the extra option. They get you every time.

@KayzB - yes he has! Thank you for asking. No idea why he was so still that one weekend, but he was kicking so hard I could see my tummy moving this weekend. Suspect the sugar from the jellybean's I was eating hyped him up a bit.

Happy monday everyone!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (27-04-2015),Nicky1977  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky1977 View Post
    Well ladies I have now discovered the problems of pram buying (or not in my case). The main issue being that I have quite a small car boot (Ford Festiva) so the pram I buy has to fit in there. So no use me buying online. I went to Haggle Baby today, had been interested in iCandy and Quinny, but not much range of Quinny in Adelaide which practically rules it out due to the buying online problem. Looked at the iCandy Apple 2 Pear, which the woman in the shop tried to fit into my boot, it fit however due to where the anchoring point is and where the strap would have to go wasn't feasible. So I would be looking at the Apple Peach which would be an easier fit (but costs about $400 more), or another iCandy but one that doesn't have the capacity to convert if a second child comes along. Or a total different brand that is more compact. I like the iCandy, have seen a demo of how it works online, and also that baby can be forward or rearward facing. I also like the feature of the carrycoat extra so baby can be flat when he is small, which I think a few makes have anyway. It just absolutely boggles my mind looking at everything that's available and trying to work out what's good (well that I can buy from a store anyway), anyone else finding this? I'm hoping that after all this buying a cot will be a breeze by comparison!!!
    Hi Nicky I got a baby jogger city mini after much research and obsessing. It's only 8kg and has the easiest fold of anything I looked at (there is a strap in the bum section of the seat you literally pull this strap and the whole thing folds up in one go. Nothing compared to this, no removing seat or pulling levers or anything) and compact too. Downside - no reversible seat. Suitable from newborn though. My two biggest priorities were as light as possible and easy peasy folding without having to dismantle first. Because it's all in one and compact it will certainly fit easy in a hatchback!
    Good luck with it I found pram decision the worst

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pram decision certainly is the worst, had no idea it would be this hard finding one, so many on the market. I think I will breath a big sigh of relief once I finally have one. I like easy to collapse, especially after a couple of years back a friend in a wheelchair came to visit and it could be a struggle to collapse that chair (I remember thinking if I am struggling with it at times and I am able bodied how is she expected to cope with it lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I haven't posted on here in a while but have been following the conversation and chatting to some of you on FB. Just wanted to give my opinion about prams to @Nicky1977 I got the iCandy Peach Jogger (3 wheeler) and am really happy with it (of course yet to be used by the baby but so far so good!) we got a great deal from Baby Kingdom and got it in a package with the bassinet attachment for less than it would have been normally. A friend of mine recommended it to me and has the 4 wheel version, she purchased it as she had a ford fiesta and fit perfectly in her boot. You can also purchase an attachment to add a second seat for subsequent kiddies. I purchased a bracket and second hand safe n sound unity capsule from ebay which ill use for when the baby is born. Its great quality but you do pay for that so depends on budget. Good luck with your research, there are so many to choose from but when you find the one you like you will know.
    Hope everyone else is well. I am currently suffering from sciatic nerve pain in my right hip so I am hobbling around and hanging out until thursday for my appointment with the osteopath. I had a remedial massage yesterday but that didn't do much to ease it! O well all for a good cause! 29 weeks along tomorrow 11 weeks (roughly) to go but who is counting!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen182 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (29-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (28-04-2015),Nicky1977  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds good @Jen182, I shall look out for that one. Ouch at ur sciatic nerve pain, hopefully it will ease after seeing the osteopath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen182 View Post
    I am currently suffering from sciatic nerve pain in my right hip so I am hobbling around and hanging out until thursday for my appointment with the osteopath. I had a remedial massage yesterday but that didn't do much to ease it! O well all for a good cause! 29 weeks along tomorrow 11 weeks (roughly) to go but who is counting!!
    I had horrible pain in my SI joint (often confused for sciatic nerve pain) from around 8-14 weeks. I literally hobbled around, and struggled to get up from sitting on the floor. And then POOF - it just went away and I've been fine ever since.

That stinks that you are in still pain... Your osteo should be able to advise of some SI joint exercises. They usually "prescribe" hip rolls, knee to chest things. All very gentle. Hope you get some relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I bought a Baby Jogger, City Select with two seats and have loved it! Great sunshade, awesome big basket underneath (seriously, my friends just shake their heads at how much I manage to fit in there....I'm talking camp chairs, massive beach bag full of towels, picnic blanket, little eskys full of food/drinks ect....heaps!!) and it has so many different options of how to place the chairs/bassinet/car seat. I also ended up buying a second hand Baby Jogger City Mini off eBay for the grandma's when they babysit and have used it plenty of times myself for quick errands. It's super light, you can have your kiddie in one arm and pull the pram out of your car with the other as it opens by itself. Even easier to fold up as it has a pull strap you pull with one hand in the seat section and the whole thing collapses. Great peek-a-boo windows to check on them. My dd is 3 and still loves sleeping in it as the sun shade is huge and it's like her own little tent/cave to sleep in when she's in there. I used to have a Corolla hatch and both prams could easily fit into the back (as well as all the other cr@p I lug around!). Both are great for running with.

Pram shopping sure is daunting, I went shopping for one with my friend and her two kids to try a few out with them sitting in different ones while I pushed them around the store.....completely changed my mind about which one to buy after that day 😳. Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Ladydee I'm with you I also bought a baby jogger city select with view to add a second seat when I needed it. I actually didn't want to look at any other prams when I went shopping, I knew it was the one I wanted. I would not change it and would buy it all over again if I had to. In regards to car space, I didn't have any restrictions as the car we bought 6 months before DS was due had a large enough boot. (I actually checked with a measuring tape before we signed the papers!). I personally do not like the prams where the second seat is 'in' the basket underneath. I also didn't want a side by side due to size and difficulty in maneuvering it. We have a bassinet, an adaptor for our capsule and of course the 2 seats, so versatile, absolutely love it!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (30-04-2015),Nicky1977  (30-04-2015)