Closed Thread
Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope its a Snoogle original, got it from Babies R Us, I guess Baby Bunting would have them also. Long body pillows are excellent to hug between your legs. The only reasons I really prefer the bellybean are because it's compact and I wouldn't have to adjust it like I do with the full body pillow when I change position. I guess I will probably end up with both and see which I prefer, the bellybean also looks good for breastfeeding. Although I think anyone who struggles to sleep on their side would definitely benefit more from a full body pillow, so in your case it would definitely be the better option or maybe the long body pillow!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Check this site out for descriptions of a bunch of pillows: http://mumsgrapevine.com.au/2014/03/...nancy-pillows/
    I bought a mamaway maternity and breastfeeding pillow. It buttons together to make a crescent shape for bub to sit in when a bit older, is a nice firm u shape feeding support and can be stretched out to hug/rest on and slip between legs for sleeping. Was expensive but looking forward to using it for feeding as it's very comfy and lovely fabric. Haven't had to use it for sleeping as I'm a lucky left-sided sleeper with no sleeping issues yet (touches wood mentally!).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (24-04-2015),Nicky1977  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies I have now discovered the problems of pram buying (or not in my case). The main issue being that I have quite a small car boot (Ford Festiva) so the pram I buy has to fit in there. So no use me buying online. I went to Haggle Baby today, had been interested in iCandy and Quinny, but not much range of Quinny in Adelaide which practically rules it out due to the buying online problem. Looked at the iCandy Apple 2 Pear, which the woman in the shop tried to fit into my boot, it fit however due to where the anchoring point is and where the strap would have to go wasn't feasible. So I would be looking at the Apple Peach which would be an easier fit (but costs about $400 more), or another iCandy but one that doesn't have the capacity to convert if a second child comes along. Or a total different brand that is more compact. I like the iCandy, have seen a demo of how it works online, and also that baby can be forward or rearward facing. I also like the feature of the carrycoat extra so baby can be flat when he is small, which I think a few makes have anyway. It just absolutely boggles my mind looking at everything that's available and trying to work out what's good (well that I can buy from a store anyway), anyone else finding this? I'm hoping that after all this buying a cot will be a breeze by comparison!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@Nicky1977 I think pram shopping is def more stressful than cot/furniture shopping! We haven't bought a pram yet; I don't see myself using it straight away, so it's not on the top of my list. I'll prob be too exhausted to take the babies anywhere, so they won't need a pram lol We'll need a double one though, so not sure what's really good for your car situation, but hopefully someone else has some words of wisdom ☺️
    @Ladydee have you had your OB appointment yet hun? If so, what did he/she say about placenta?
    @bbhope has your Doppler arrived? Hope so & that it's providing you with some peace of mind 😊
    @TeamCarts happy 30 weeks hun 😊
    @MGC Bertie how ru going hun? X
    @gingermillie hope you're managing as well as possible with your back issues. I have back issues too & pregnancy has made it so much more painful & difficult 😕
    @lileitak have you been feeling more movements yet hun? Hope so 💗

Hi to everyone else, hope you all have a lovely week ahead 🌺
    Last edited by KayzB; 27-04-2015 at 05:19.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-04-2015),Nicky1977  (27-04-2015),TeamCarts  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky1977 View Post
    Well ladies I have now discovered the problems of pram buying (or not in my case). The main issue being that I have quite a small car boot (Ford Festiva) so the pram I buy has to fit in there. So no use me buying online. I went to Haggle Baby today, had been interested in iCandy and Quinny, but not much range of Quinny in Adelaide which practically rules it out due to the buying online problem. Looked at the iCandy Apple 2 Pear, which the woman in the shop tried to fit into my boot, it fit however due to where the anchoring point is and where the strap would have to go wasn't feasible. So I would be looking at the Apple Peach which would be an easier fit (but costs about $400 more), or another iCandy but one that doesn't have the capacity to convert if a second child comes along. Or a total different brand that is more compact. I like the iCandy, have seen a demo of how it works online, and also that baby can be forward or rearward facing. I also like the feature of the carrycoat extra so baby can be flat when he is small, which I think a few makes have anyway. It just absolutely boggles my mind looking at everything that's available and trying to work out what's good (well that I can buy from a store anyway), anyone else finding this? I'm hoping that after all this buying a cot will be a breeze by comparison!!!
    Uppa baby is another great brand on the market under 5 kilos has bassinet great sunshade like no other Brilliant customer service as I have spoken with them Lots of colours comes apart completely can hold capsule . Has a huge shopping basket compared to others faces both ways with extending handle
    I compared i candy and uppa baby as well sales ladies said i candy is more look appeal but not as good a quality or after sales service from memory. Uppa baby less expensive as well . You never see them for resale and have excellent reviews
    Will be buying mine in a month I have a Toyota Corolla
    Last edited by cheekyhumour; 27-04-2015 at 08:54.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekyhumour For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nicky1977: sorry no idea about the pram. I am sure that selecting one can be overwhelm. When DH wanted to buy a car 4 yrs ago, he was very keen to buy a hatch back. I told him that a pram wouldn't have been able to fit in. So we bought a sedan with a large boot space. Who would have known that it took us so long to finally get this far?! (Still a long way to go!) I hope someone can give you a good tip. I'll have to pick you ladies brain again later on.

@Ladydee: yes, how was the appt with OB?

@KayzB: yes doppler arrived on Fri. I told myself not to panic if i didn't find one. It might due to anterior placenta. It was quite tricky to find the heartbeat but i managed in the end. It is the most beautiful sound in the world. LOL. Bub seems to like staying on the left. He/she did move to the right every now and then, though.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),Nicky1977  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cheekyhumour thanks for the idea, I shall look into that. Better quality and cheaper definitely sounds like a winner to me. If I can get one to fit into my boot that will be just perfect.
    @KayzB good point baby won't be immediately going out in the pram. My Mum has bought me one of those slings so I guess I can carry him initially. Once my Mum gets here when I'm 36 weeks she can help me find one, if I haven't already by then. I have been thinking of one that can be converted for a second child later if needed, haven't decided yet whether to go that way but have nine frozen embryos, will see how I go with this one first lol.
    @bbhope I shall advise u if I find a good one, I might be an expert soon lol. You definitely had the right idea with the car, I wasn't even thinking about fitting a pram in when I got mine 4 years ago. Lol at a male friend thought he had solved the problem when he said but ur back seat drops back, I said er I think you've forgotten that baby will be in the back seat in his capsule (did he think there would be any reason for the pram to be in the car without the baby lol). Oh well will keep trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL...men.... On the down side, to our surprise, our car back seat can't drop back! We thought all cars come in standard with that. We found it out after we bought a brand new bicycle and tried to get it home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha need I say this guy has never had nor thought about having kids so he probably wasn't looking at the whole situation. Yeah I would have thought nowadays that all car back seats could drop back, but obviously not, oh well I guess that's something we should all look for in the future when changing cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha need I say this guy has never had nor thought about having kids so he probably wasn't looking at the whole situation. Yeah I would have thought nowadays that all car back seats could drop back, but obviously not, oh well I guess that's something we should all look for in the future when changing cars.