Closed Thread
Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Ya, gingermillie. I am at 12--20w. That's why feel like a long time!! Next appt in 2w. Grrr. One lady told me that she didn't feel until 26w with anterior placenta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I freaked out and called my mum... She told me to take a breath, and focus on the feeling. Write down any movement I feel and see if there is a pattern. I was not off the phone with her for more than 30 seconds when I got a good thump.

He was calm over the weekend, but has been active last night and today (so far) so I'll just let myself think he was having a lazy couple of days.

I think we forgot that they are still quite wee, and depending on the position we may not feel it. And that they more frequent they become, may not notice if we're busy or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my ob appt today and I did ask re movement. Her opinion was that at this stage (26 wks) if I didn't feel her move all day to phone and come in. She suggested by 28 weeks I should feel 10 definite movements by about mid-afternoon each day. She said if I don't then to lay down on my side for 20 minutes and I should get 2 movements in that time. If not phone and come in for a check. These are probably arbitrary times and numbers - I think they all have their own set but gives an idea of what they're expecting.
    Got to see her on ultrasound as I mentioned I was curious about where she was laying she is all arms and feet! Very cute
    Interesting point my ob made today. I have a bad back injury (pre pregnancy) and had previous back op in 2011. Surgeon at the time specifically said c-section or natural would be possible but no epidurals allowed for natural. Back has deteriorated since then anyway. Have been seeing 2 physios during pregnancy for management. Both suggested c-section so I discussed with ob and she said she would always go with what physio says because they're the ones who see women ongoing after birth who have issues so if they recommend c-section it's generally for a good reason. I hadn't thought of it that way before. I'm terrified of sustaining further back damage so I'm going with c-section at 39 weeks! Bit scared about c-section recovery but for the best I think. Hubby will be home for 4-5 weeks to take care of me which helps.
    Hope everyone else is doing really well at the moment too

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (21-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015),Nicky1977  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mushy: Hope i am as lucky as you to get those kicks early on.

i am trying to train myself sleeping on the side but it is very uncomfortable and I end up less sleep. I switched back to back sleeping last night and it was good! OB isn't concerned until later stage. I used to be a side sleeper until I got pregnant. Weird....So i need recommendation on pillow. Does the simple long body pillow do the job? or do i need a fancy full body pregnancy pillow?

Note: I am one of those weird person who don't sleep on pillow. I only hug it for sleeping regardless of which position.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope..... I've always slept on my back for my whole life, and like you, have never used a pillow at all (daytime the pillows sit pretty on the bed, and at night-time they sit on the floor). It is recommended that you sleep on your side from 24 weeks, and that if you're not used to that, that you start practising from 20 weeks, so that's what I've been doing. For the first 3-4 nights I didn't sleep at all, would wake with terrible pins and needles from sleeping on my arm etc and I thought I would go mental. But now I'm actually getting used to it.

I tried various pillows and was going to buy some of those special ones, but now I'm pretty happy with my improvised one - an old pillow, folded in half length-wise, two thick elastic bands holding it together, and put into a pillow case to cover the whole thing. It makes a "house-shape pillow", round on the top and sides, but flat on the bottom, so it sits flat on the bed and doesn't slide or roll. I should patent it, as there's none on the market like it!! That one lies behind my back, to support my back and stop me rolling back onto my back. Sometimes, I half roll onto it, and it pushes onto and massages my back - it's great. Then I just use a normal pillow, once or twice a night between my legs, if I keep rolling too far forward onto my tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    U have to post a pic. And sign your name to patent it.

I was planning to start training but given that I didn't have sleep again last night. I might go back to my back sleeping tonight. Thinking to get a long body pillow so I can put in between my leg and hug at the same time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - if you can train yourself, that is amazing...

I start on my side, and always end up on my back. Doesn't matter how hard I try. I always re-settle on my side, and wake up on back. I figure as long as I'm getting sleep, it's fine.

Now if could only keep DH on his side of the bed...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm quite lucky in that I have always been a side sleeper and especially have a preference for the left side (can only fall asleep on my back if I'm really tired and fall asleep on the sofa lol). @bbhope it sounds like you probably would need a full body maternity pillow, I have one at the moment use it more to hug though that to support my bump, but I guess it will be useful when you get bigger to stop u keep rolling on to your back. I saw some pillows I liked at the expo a couple of weeks ago called Belly bean that are just basic literally u lay on the low part in the middle and either side if you roll over your back or bump is supported and you don't have to wake up to go onto your other side, its literally across your middle so a normal pillow for your head, I'm thinking about getting one (just so I can actually support my belly which I'm not doing with my current pillow).

In terms of kicks even with my anterior placenta I'm now feeling them a lot at 26 weeks. It does vary though, cos in my job I have to walk around a lot so he doesn't move much then I must be always lulling him off to sleep, do get some gentle nudges when I stop for a little while though. On days off especially when I'm resting at home he does get quite active, sometimes punches and kicks at the same time, the other day I was looking at prams online and right on cue he started kicking. I had been surprised that with my placenta being anterior I was feeling them so strongly, but the consultant told me the other day that baby is quite big and I shouldn't be too long before I'm tested for gestational diabetes (glucose tolerance test in on 11th May), I thought no wonder he is so strong then if he's a big baby, and how on earth is a tiny woman meant to push out a big baby, asked if that meant it increases my chances of a c-section but she said it's too early to tell.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

I'm 23+4 weeks today and woke up on my back the other night and realised I was gasping for air.......which freaked me out that I had restricted blood flow to bub! So off to Pillow Talk for me and I bought one of their body pillows (it's a long one folded in half in the packet) which was $19.95. I'm trying a smaller pillow on one side (as I tend to hug my doona on that side and my body pillow in the other. I notice when I put a pillow right up against me on either side while I'm on my side, even when I roll onto my back, the pillows stop me from laying flat on my back as I'm still at an angle. I was a belly sleeper pre-bub so I'm hoping the body pillow might give me that same sort of feeling? I've got my DH on the job to push me if he notices me on my back....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429866160.411086.jpg
    Last edited by Ladydee; 24-04-2015 at 20:26.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to side sleep again last night and didn't really get any sleep! I wish I could just be a side sleeper like i was before pregnancy.

We don't have pillow talk in WA.
    @Nicky1977: what's the full body pillow you are using now? Where do you get it? Why do you like the belly bean better? I like to hug the pillow when i sleep so belly bean won't be a good option. At the moment, I am thinking about a long body pillow which allows me to hug and between my leg at the same time. Otherwise, I have to move both my pillows every time i turn.